Welcome to Gaia! ::

Annual User Run Ball Planning Guild

Back to Guilds

The event planning organisation for the AURB! 

Tags: aurb, annual ball, ball, user run, event 

Reply Locked Threads
Main Admin Nominations

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annual Ball
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:52 pm

gaia_angelleft Welcome to the Main Admin nominations thread! gaia_angelright

Please reply below if you would like to apply for the role of Main Admin. This thread will remain open
for seven days before proceeding onto the voting stage, so please put in your nominations ASAP.

Self nominations are encouraged, but you may also nominate someone else that you believe is qualified
for the role. Please note however that if the nominee does not want to apply for this role themselves,
they have the right to request for your nomination to be taken down or not included in the voting poll.

NB: Prior experience and a basic understanding of project management is required for this role.

Role Responsibilities

•Creating and Maintaining Documentation

•Planning and Defining Scope

•Developing Schedules and Milestones

•Managing Risks and Issues

•Monitoring Guild Progress

•Team Leadership and Motivation

•Communicating with Artists, Funding Team and Main Host

•Communicating with Gaia User Run Events Team

•Creating the forum threads for the ball and its rooms

•Creating and updating the information thread for the ball

•Responding to guest inquiries during the ball

•Delivering prizes at the closing of competitions

•Wrapping up the forum threads at the end

•Evaluating areas of potential improvement for next year

•Setting up the guild for the next year

Due to the role responsibilities, the Main Admin is not eligible to roleplay in the
ball as an official character, please keep this in mind when applying for this role.

Nomination form

[size=18]I would like to nominate [username/myself] for the role of Main Admin.[/size]

[b]Reason(s) why you are nominating this person/yourself:[/b]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:33 pm
I would like to nominate myself for the role of Main Admin.

Reason(s) why you are nominating this person/yourself:

After having ended up in the role of Main Host (prior to the guild change), I came to realise just how insane the workload was. It caused people to get so stressed that they became ill, or left gaia for good, and that's just not okay. I don't believe in following the status quo if it means people will get hurt, so I would like to be Main Admin for 2017 so that I can apply my skills in project management to the AURB, and hopefully leave the AURB in a much better state than I found it.

I would like to set up the guild in a way that it can be passed on to someone else without them being completely left in the dark and having to either sink or swim, and hopefully in conjunction with the AURB Society Guild, make it so that future Main Admins can get in touch with prior year's admins if they ever need the support or advice.

Ultimately main focus as Main Admin would be working with the guild to make this event run as smoothly and as stress free as possible, so that people can actually have a fun time in both planning and being a part of the AURB itself. Because this event is meant to be fun, and if we ever get to a point where it's not, we're doing something very wrong.  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Love Renewed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:26 pm
I would like to nominate myself for the role of Main Admin.

Reason(s) why you are nominating yourself: I love running guilds, threads, and events. Organizing is what I do. In high school I ran the school store and ran our office for three years. Online I have over 50 pages in goggle documents for threads, guilds, rps, events, and more. I keep track of anything and everything.

Why I want to be main admin of this particular event is simple. It sounds like a fun job. Now, yes that sounds weird to some. But for me this kind of work is what I do best. I sit down, I focus, and I create. I make events, contests, threads, guilds, etc.

As a mother, and from being in the office, I am use to scheduling. I monitor guilds all of the time with the ones I own and/or run. I also am use to communicating with the Gaia User Run Events Team. None of the things on the list of responsibilities would be new to me. While I have never run an AURB, I have done all of those duties elsewhere on Gaia. And in parts, off of Gaia.

I am admin for both the Halloween and Christmas mini events. And am fully confident that I can be main admin for the full Ball. This is what I do. Some people are good at sales, some people are good at singing or dancing, I am good at this.  
Locked Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games