Welcome to Gaia! ::

Annual User Run Ball Planning Guild

Back to Guilds

The event planning organisation for the AURB! 

Tags: aurb, annual ball, ball, user run, event 

Reply Locked Threads
Main Host Nominations

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annual Ball
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:30 am

gaia_angelleft Welcome to the Main Host nominations thread! gaia_angelright

Please reply below if you would like to apply for the role of Main Host. This thread will remain open
for seven days before proceeding onto the voting stage, so please put in your nominations ASAP.

Self nominations are encouraged, but you may also nominate someone else that you believe is qualified
for the role. Please note however that if the nominee does not want to apply for this role themselves,
they have the right to request for your nomination to be taken down or not included in the voting poll.

Role Responsibilities

•Working with the guild to refine the theme

•Working with the guild to develop the main plot for the ball

•Working with room hosts to create cohesive room plots

•Overseeing any room crossovers

•Setting deadlines for plot, characters and other RP elements

•Overseeing the scope of each room's plot and characters

•Facilitating communication between Room Hosts

•Managing hosts and co-hosts over the course of the ball

•Overseeing the progression of the roleplay

•Handling any unruly guests and giving warnings where required

Nomination form

[size=18]I would like to nominate [username/myself] for the role of Main Host.[/size]

[b]Reason(s) why you are nominating this person/yourself:[/b]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:54 pm
I would like to nominate myself for the role of Main Host.

Reason(s) why you are nominating yourself:
I know many of the older members are burnt out being main host, so I would like to offer my experience and energy to help out.

I have been a part of 4 balls, not including this one, or the 2 I was a guest at. In the 13th I stepped in to assist the host of a room when the her secondary dropped out. In the 14th I was host of a room, which ultimately became the only room in the ball. Because of this, I have experience with plots, keeping in touch with and working with people, setting deadlines, as well as more things I'm sure I am forgetting about. I worked a lot with the last hosts, so I have a good idea of all the responsibilities.

Mostly, I want to help the ball so it can continue into the future. I want this to be a fun environment that encourages people to join and participate, and hopefully stay long enough to assume leadership roles themselves. Thanks for reading!  

Madame Mae
Vice Captain

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100

Mishi Tanaka

Eternal Trickster

16,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:54 am
I would like to nominate Myself for the role of Main Host.

Reason(s) why you are nominating this person/yourself:

----Firstly, I feel I have the capabilities to do this job for the AURB. I have been a part of this ball for the past four years (11th-14th). For the 12th ball I was an official character, Orion, and like to think I helped our room stay encouraged to keep with the very wide story we were doing. I've tried to actively roleplay every year and the 14th was probably my most active (and amusing) role.
----Honestly, I don't want the role to put myself in the spotlight but to turn each person that participates into a spotlight so that we're a shining brilliant stage together. And yes, I'm sorry that that was very corny of me to say.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:54 pm
I would like to nominate myself for the role of Main Host.

Reason(s) why you are nominating this person/yourself:

This is the fifth ball I've helped out with! I started back in the tenth where I was a co-host in the school dream who temporarily stepped into the secondary host position for a little while. In the eleventh, I was going to host a room, but due to college orientation, I had to step down, but I didn't disappear! Instead, I helped to create floating co-hosts and led them during the ball. The twelfth, was probably the most stressful, but also the most fun! I was the main secondary, which is where a lot of my qualifications come in handy. I already know what it takes to stay in contact with someone on Gaia to plan this thing. I know how to narrow down the theme and work out a plot. I love helping to get rooms together. I was also a room host in the 13th, where I was able to efficiently run the circus.

I've also been running a Harry Potter roleplay for close to four years now. During that time, I've had to deal with my fair share of unruly people, both regular guild members, as well as in the management. I've also helped come up with exciting plot events, as well as just silly ones (cause who doesn't love being silly).

In my experience as a roleplayer, I've had to deal with the plot not going to plan more times than I can count. In the end, I've always found a way to salvage the plot, and sometimes it turns out even better than the actual plan.

I've even got some real world experience that would help out! I'm currently the Communications Coordinator for my school's string department, which means I help set up extra rehearsals, let people know about studio classes, and help plan any fun activities that we might wish to do.

Pretty much, I want this role to help the ball continue on so that maybe one day, we'll be back to our old numbers of people wanting to get involved.  

a porg

Anxious Astronomer

Locked Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces