Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harvest Moon: Rival Towns (Semi-Literate RP)

Back to Guilds

A RP World 

Tags: Harvest Moon, Town, Sem-Lit, Romance, Life 

Reply Main Forum
OOC Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sonpi-Chan

Loyal Codger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:46 pm
EclecticNatureOutcast

Sakura was a toddler when she met Paz (he was 27).
    Paz is too old to be "best friends" with her. Especially if we're going with the timeline from before. And Pazel didn't have his restaurant open late at night. Unless it was a special occasion.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:02 pm
Sonpi-Chan
EclecticNatureOutcast

Paz is too old to be "best friends" with her. Especially if we're going with the timeline from before. And Pazel didn't have his restaurant open late at night. Unless it was a special occasion.

Taro knocked up Sakura and he is 23 years older. She won't care if he doesn't share the same feelings. Also... angelmage help!

angelmage99

EclecticNatureOutcast

Romantic Shopper

10,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

angelmage99
Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:25 pm
EclecticNatureOutcast
Sonpi-Chan
EclecticNatureOutcast

Taro knocked up Sakura and he is 23 years older. She won't care if he doesn't share the same feelings. Also... angelmage help!

angelmage99

With what?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:08 am
angelmage99
EclecticNatureOutcast
Sonpi-Chan
EclecticNatureOutcast

angelmage99

With what?

We are at an impass about what to do about Sakura's relationship with Pazel. Maybe you can come up with a solution.  

EclecticNatureOutcast

Romantic Shopper

10,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Kaiten Jiron

Romantic Sophomore

8,075 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • I Voted! 25
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:00 pm
There isn't much RP activity yet is there? I think we need more people lol. Kai has his aunt thankfully, but for characters that are solo at start like my writer it's not easy to find somewhere to join activity.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:09 pm

I'm waiting on approval of my characters, but am excited to roleplay.

RoarkOh

Feral Friend

10,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Master Converter 500
  • Partygoer 500

Sonpi-Chan

Loyal Codger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:10 pm
EclecticNatureOutcast

Taro may have been older than Sakura and a child may have resulted from it but that's her business.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand.

Pazel didn't like Hanahime in the least. He wanted nothing to do with Hanahime. He tolerated her for the sake of his friend, who Hanahime married. He tried to be nice but that doesn't mean he'd go to great lengths and take Sakura under his wing when she was out of high school to teach her and let her work at his restaurant as a bouncer--which he doesn't need. Because, again, Pazel's restaurant was not open late at night and if anyone got drunk and became troublesome, he threw them out personally. Pazel took care of his business and wouldn't let anyone else take the reins since it was handed down to him. The place meant a lot to him and he swore to take care of everything himself. He wouldn't trust a young girl just out of high school to take care of riff-raff in his establishment. She could've been a professional MMA fighter, been able to knock Pazel out with a single punch, and he still wouldn't do it.

But! I can see Pazel's attitude and behavior being an influence on a small child like Sakura was when they met. Just because Paz didn't like Hanahime didn't mean he'd avoid his buddy, Kir, after all. And if he didn't avoid his friend, he'd undoubtedly run into Sakura on countless occasions. Their town wasn't that huge either, so running into each other was inevitable. Granted, Paz tried to behave around the kids and Kir but he wouldn't get involved more than he had to at any point. They aren't his kids and he isn't particularly close to them. Though because he thinks Hanahime is incompetent all across the board, he wouldn't mind teaching Sakura some different forms of self-defense. From there Sakura could do what she wanted; proceed to learn from a proper source how to fight and defend herself. Pazel would only teach her a handful of things and not everything he knows because, well, Paz isn't exactly a good guy (and he's quite aware of it).

Besides, by time Sakura's in grade school, Paz may have been working to start his own family by then. He's not a good guy but even he dreams of family life on occasion because he does want to mend the errors of his ways despite habits being hard to break (and feels he doesn't deserve a family even if he wants one). So he'd have his hands full with his own things; running a restaurant, courting someone he falls in love with, raising a family, trying to stay out of trouble, etc.

There is the possibility he may have changed his tune a little as Sakura grew up but he still would not take her under his wing as a protégé; just teach her how to fight a little. The rest would, again, be up to Sakura and out of Pazel's hands. And honestly? As Sakura grew up he'd probably see her more and more like her mother and he would disapprove of that greatly and would wash his hands of her because he's not touching that. That's far too much trouble than it's worth.

So, in short, what I'm trying to say is:
      - Pazel would not take Sakura under his wing as a protégé. It isn't in his nature.

- He wouldn't give someone a job at his restaurant that isn't needed. And his restaurant did not need a bouncer.

- Sakura could have been a bouncer somewhere else. There were plenty of other establishments.

- I don't mind my character being an influence on yours. I, however, do not support taking my character and making him go against his nature to fit your wants and desires.
      If you wanted to use Pazel as part of Sakura's backstory, you could have asked and we could've discuss how it would have worked out. But you didn't.

TLDR;
    No. Pazel did not take her under his wing as a protégé. End of story.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:41 pm
Sonpi-Chan
EclecticNatureOutcast

Taro may have been older than Sakura and a child may have resulted from it but that's her business.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand.

Pazel didn't like Hanahime in the least. He wanted nothing to do with Hanahime. He tolerated her for the sake of his friend, who Hanahime married. He tried to be nice but that doesn't mean he'd go to great lengths and take Sakura under his wing when she was out of high school to teach her and let her work at his restaurant as a bouncer--which he doesn't need. Because, again, Pazel's restaurant was not open late at night and if anyone got drunk and became troublesome, he threw them out personally. Pazel took care of his business and wouldn't let anyone else take the reins since it was handed down to him. The place meant a lot to him and he swore to take care of everything himself. He wouldn't trust a young girl just out of high school to take care of riff-raff in his establishment. She could've been a professional MMA fighter, been able to knock Pazel out with a single punch, and he still wouldn't do it.

But! I can see Pazel's attitude and behavior being an influence on a small child like Sakura was when they met. Just because Paz didn't like Hanahime didn't mean he'd avoid his buddy, Kir, after all. And if he didn't avoid his friend, he'd undoubtedly run into Sakura on countless occasions. Their town wasn't that huge either, so running into each other was inevitable. Granted, Paz tried to behave around the kids and Kir but he wouldn't get involved more than he had to at any point. They aren't his kids and he isn't particularly close to them. Though because he thinks Hanahime is incompetent all across the board, he wouldn't mind teaching Sakura some different forms of self-defense. From there Sakura could do what she wanted; proceed to learn from a proper source how to fight and defend herself. Pazel would only teach her a handful of things and not everything he knows because, well, Paz isn't exactly a good guy (and he's quite aware of it).

Besides, by time Sakura's in grade school, Paz may have been working to start his own family by then. He's not a good guy but even he dreams of family life on occasion because he does want to mend the errors of his ways despite habits being hard to break (and feels he doesn't deserve a family even if he wants one). So he'd have his hands full with his own things; running a restaurant, courting someone he falls in love with, raising a family, trying to stay out of trouble, etc.

There is the possibility he may have changed his tune a little as Sakura grew up but he still would not take her under his wing as a protégé; just teach her how to fight a little. The rest would, again, be up to Sakura and out of Pazel's hands. And honestly? As Sakura grew up he'd probably see her more and more like her mother and he would disapprove of that greatly and would wash his hands of her because he's not touching that. That's far too much trouble than it's worth.

So, in short, what I'm trying to say is:
      - Pazel would not take Sakura under his wing as a protégé. It isn't in his nature.

- He wouldn't give someone a job at his restaurant that isn't needed. And his restaurant did not need a bouncer.

- Sakura could have been a bouncer somewhere else. There were plenty of other establishments.

- I don't mind my character being an influence on yours. I, however, do not support taking my character and making him go against his nature to fit your wants and desires.
      If you wanted to use Pazel as part of Sakura's backstory, you could have asked and we could've discuss how it would have worked out. But you didn't.

TLDR;
    No. Pazel did not take her under his wing as a protégé. End of story.

I thought you were defunct as a guild member and I thought he would have enjoyed having a mini-me  

EclecticNatureOutcast

Romantic Shopper

10,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

angelmage99
Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:08 pm
Sonpi-Chan

EclecticNatureOutcast

How about a happy medium?

ENO, why don't you change the names around and make it a different restaurant owner?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:16 pm
angelmage99
Sonpi-Chan

Could Pazel still be a bad influence? Like he is the reason why she is quick to punch and stuff.  

EclecticNatureOutcast

Romantic Shopper

10,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Sonpi-Chan

Loyal Codger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:37 pm
EclecticNatureOutcast

Defunct or not, I don't really care for someone taking my character and using them however they see fit. Especially since I'm still here (for the time being).

Why not just make your own character and use them however you see fit for a back story?
    It doesn't even have to be an actual character you'll play. Just someone to mention in the back story.

Besides I've already agreed that Pazel could be a bad influence on Sakura. I'm totally fine with that. What I'm not fine with is him taking her under his wing as a protégé and letting her be a bouncer for his restaurant. That's not something he would do–as I explained above, multiple times, and I'll repeat it as many times as I have to until that point gets across. I know my character better than anyone else after all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:16 am
Anyone down to roleplay in Briggs?  

Lavender Wishes

Clever Trickster

EclecticNatureOutcast

Romantic Shopper

10,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:19 am
Sonpi-Chan
EclecticNatureOutcast

Defunct or not, I don't really care for someone taking my character and using them however they see fit. Especially since I'm still here (for the time being).

Why not just make your own character and use them however you see fit for a back story?
    It doesn't even have to be an actual character you'll play. Just someone to mention in the back story.

Besides I've already agreed that Pazel could be a bad influence on Sakura. I'm totally fine with that. What I'm not fine with is him taking her under his wing as a protégé and letting her be a bouncer for his restaurant. That's not something he would do–as I explained above, multiple times, and I'll repeat it as many times as I have to until that point gets across. I know my character better than anyone else after all.

I didn't say she was his protege, I said think of it like that. She would have grown up close to Pazel because she worked on the farm and followed Kir around. So to her, Pazel would be family in her eyes. Family isn't what you are born to. My parents best friends are like second parents to me. She would have seen Pazel in the same light. And Kir wouldn't have been in physical condition to teach her to fight. So to me, Pazel would be the logical person to teach her. I honestly thought he would do such a thing because she is Kir's child.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:29 am
Ra1ns of Castamere

I have a character in Briggs.  

angelmage99
Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Lavender Wishes

Clever Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:34 am
angelmage99
Ra1ns of Castamere

I have a character in Briggs.

Sweet, Wanna roleplay somewhere?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games