Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:55 pm
15) Do you think there should be more or less gun control? --
Ho boy. I live in TN, if I said this here I'd get shot.

I believe in more gun control.
NO I do not want to take your guns. NO I am not ANTI GUN.

I believe that to purchase a firearm you must have a background check for violent criminal charges or psychiatric conditions that are prone to violence. I don't think you should be able to walk into Walmart and walk out with a gun 30 minutes later. That's asking for trouble.

I believe that teaching people gun safety is a great thing. It gets rid of the stigma of firearms and allows people to be more comfortable with the idea of them. We plan on taking our son when he's older to learn gun safety. Probably at least 12 (husband says 10, I say 13. Compromise is 12).

I believe that having a gun for self or home defense is absolutely okay. If you have children you MUST have a locked safe or containment unit for it. I believe that should be a law.

I don't believe anyone who is not a part of the military or law enforcement needs fully automatic weapons or fully automatic modded weapons. Nor do I believe they need military grade sniper rifles or heavy weapons of any sort. Hunting rifles and such are okay with me. My husband's father for example has military sniper rifles, heavy machine guns, and several very dangerous military grade weapons. I do not think this is okay. No average citizen should have these things.

Honestly I feel like my opinions on this matter are fairly reasonable, straightforward, and right down the middle. I believe in our second amendment right but I don't think any crazy or criminal should be allowed to own a gun. My husband's father is extremely unhinged and the fact that he has those weapons (and has threatened my family with them) terrifies me.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:22 pm
1) Do you think that gay marriage should be legal? --
Yes, I never really understood why it was so bad. Divorce is a sin but even hardcore Christians will divorce and converse with other divorcees. How can marriage be sacred if they are so apt to get divorced? Get out of here with that nonsense.  

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:24 pm
2) Do you think that gays should be allowed to serve in the military? --
Of course, I fail to see how a sexual orientation could get in the way of a military job.
Denying the right is discrimination.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:26 pm
3) What do you think about people who don't believe in god? --
That they don't believe in God and that's ok as along as they aren't an a** about it.
The Christian bible says to be Christ-like, God gives the option of free will if he gives that option then his followers should do the same.
*Sips tea  

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:32 pm
4) Are you Pro-Life or Pro-Choice? --
Pro-Choice, while I would never be able to go through with the procedure it's not my place to dictate what another person does. It's just not my place nor business to do so.
On the side note all those pro-lifers instead of protesting outside of clinics and harassing the women that go to them for services why not go inside and counsel the women? Offer to adopt the child? Do something productive to help the situation, I find that when people say that they are pro-life they just mean that they are pro-birth. They only care about the children being born, they are usually gun-ho with cutting welfare and other benefits for these families. they also don't want to give good sex-ed classes in schools and affordable access to birth control to help prevent these unplanned pregnancies.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:34 pm
5) Do you think animal testing should be banned? --
I've never been a fan of testing frivolous things like soap or makeup on animals but i'm ok with testing pharmaceuticals on them. Humans need meds, makeup and other junk is not a necessity. Granted you would stink without soap and deoderant but you can survive without it. You can test the frivolous things on humans.  

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:39 pm
6) How do you feel about illegal immigration? --
Well in Texas I live here... The illegals do the jobs that other races don't want to do like garbage pickup, road work, roofing, house cleaning, ect. I see it a lot. They aren't taking our jobs, they do the ones we don't want to do. That being said, let them come in. They just want a better life, besides our ancestors were illegals too unless you're a Native American. emotion_dealwithit But if they come here they need to embrace our culture and make an attempt to learn our language.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:42 pm
7) Do you think it is ethical to do stem cell research? --
Yep. Most research is with adult stem cells because it's easier to get them to do what you need them to do. Fetal stem cells are hard to control and they usually do everything that you don't want them or need them to do and they aren't used much because of this.  

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 pm
8 ) Is torture ever acceptable? --
Not unless you into that kind of thing. User Image
On a serious note, no you should not be torturing other humans.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:45 pm
9) Should the government have a say on our diets? --
I don't feel comfortable with giving the government full control over what goes on my plate. However I see nothing wrong with giving out information about proper nutrition and putting detailed labels and ingredient lists on everything. I also don't see anything wrong with them banning certain chemicals or ingredients if they are in fact unsafe for consumption.  

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:47 pm
10) Should the alcoholic drinking age be increased or decreased? --
Decrease it like other countries. We have alcoholics because it's seen as taboo here so kids do it for the attention and shock value. Take their limelight away. This being said, kids are getting booze somewhere like adults that want to be friends and not parents. In the meantime we need bigger penalties for idiot adults that are supplying the underage, that way examples can be made when the few get caught supplying.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:50 pm
11) Should cigarette smoking be banned? --
Public smoking in bars and restaurants, cars with kids in them, yes. In your own home or property or an open outdoor place away from others, nope. If people want to put Darwin's Theory to work by giving themselves cancer, let them.  

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:52 pm
12) Should Medical Marijuana be legal? --
It should be legal regardless, it's a plant. You're using prohibition logic on a plant, it's ridiculous. Obviously medical usage should be legal, if it helps a person why keep it illegal?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:54 pm
13) Do you think the 2003 invasion of Iraq was justified? --
No, we shouldn't have instigated them to begin with. We started that war by not staying in our own lane. We aren't the world police, if we can't help our own citizens then we should not be pointing fingers at other countries.  

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:06 pm
14) What do you think about Teen Pregnancy? --
Well when you refuse to give sex ed in schools that teach how to protect yourself it's gonna happen. When you limit access to birth control it's gonna happen. Abstinence is a joke, teens have sex and they aren't going to stop. This is why we need to give them better education in this area so they can prevent pregnancy and disease. Stop treating sex like it's a taboo and be open with your kids with information. If you can't handle saying the word "p***s" around your child in an educational manner then maybe you shouldn't have children, just my two cents.  
Posting Quizzes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff