Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:14 pm
15) Do you think there should be more or less gun control? --
After having a loaded 380 pointed inches away from my face let me tell you that I hate guns. HATE them. They terrify me, to this day I can't keep my composure when holding one even if it is unloaded.

We need more regulations, if you have a history with mental illness you should have to do a screening every year to be sure that you can be trusted with a firearm. If you have any kind of violent criminal history you shouldn't be able to own a gun. If you can't commit to taking a safety course every year, you shouldn't be able to own a gun. You should have a safe that will be able to hold all of you guns and you shouldn't be allowed to buy a gun if you can't fit it in the safe, there should be some kind of registry for this that way you'll be forced to buy another safe if you ran out of room in the one at home, kids meddling with guns is a problem and has been for awhile. I also think we should tax the dog s**t out of guns, ammo and all the accessories. All guns should be registered with the government the second you buy them. The government should be able to take them away if you fail to meet any screening requirements.

Probably some unpopular opinions but we are way too lenient with guns in this country and having one in my face doesn't help my opinion of them.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:15 pm
1) Do you think that gay marriage should be legal? --
Absolutely! Anyone who wants to bemarried, in my opinion should be able to be. I understand divorce and all the legal matters are in place for many reasons, but I wish the uh... what do they call it? common law marriage? the thing where if you live with your spouse for over so many years your considered married and don't have to pay for the legal piece of paper that states it (which is silly to me tbh but hey Ima get one so...) should be reinstated, but applied to same sex couples as well
User Image  

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:17 pm
2) Do you think that gays should be allowed to serve in the military? --
Again, yes. The only difference would then be that outwardly flamboyant ones would be more open about themselves, though hopefully only when appropriate like everything else militarized.
You and I both know gay men and women get in now, they just pretend to not be very, very well/hard. User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:21 pm
3) What do you think about people who don't believe in god? --
I identify with them, as I don't have any set religion and am open to all beliefs, but I do not enjoy the abrahamic religions in any way, I also don;t think atheism is for me. BUT back to the main question, I love conversing with them about how they got that way, and if they have any strange experiences ect.
I think they are just as morally just as the christian person walking into church and all that crap
though it should be pointed out religion causes many wars when it's warped, I think that has much more to do with the individuals warping it and does not reflect on the religion itself as much, or at least it SHOULDN'T (ahem)  

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:24 pm
4) Are you Pro-Life or Pro-Choice? --
Pro-Choice, though I share the opinion many of us women seem to hold now, where I dislike seeing it used as some nonchalant birth control method, and I myself might never be able to do it, I highly value our right to choose to terminate an unwanted pregnancy for economical, emotional, medical reasons. Up to about 4 months, IMO but either way
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:26 pm
5) Do you think animal testing should be banned? --
Yes. I think we have the technology to be using robotics, synthetics, computerized ways of finding out what chemicals do. But at the same time for some reason our government doesn't fund that, because it's cheaper to use animals. I understand and accept it but it haunts me personally User Image  

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:30 pm
6) How do you feel about illegal immigration? --
I'm a bit torn. I love knowing our country is one where people can come and feel like they might MAKE IT as opposed to rotting in a 3rd world country that they have no control over.
On the other hand, I see the effects of helping others before helping our own, and I don't approve. We need to think about better systems to put in place, and then work on the other countries when we can hold ourselves up again.
But I don't think closing the doors to immigration is the right way tbh, in any way lol
though illegal is illegal, every situation is different I can't say I wouldn't come over if it were MY family starving User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:33 pm
7) Do you think it is ethical to do stem cell research? --
I think it depends heavily on HOW the cells are collected. If they could harvest them from, say, justified abortions (through rape incest ect you know), then we are simply using all we can from something and that's wonderful!!!
Idk how they get them though, I admittedly haven't done much reading into that myself. I might now!!  

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:35 pm
8 ) Is torture ever acceptable? --
I'm a firm believer torture, especially in the POW sense, usually only ends in false confessions and terrible deaths obviously.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:38 pm
9) Should the government have a say on our diets? --
I think they need to put firmer systems in place to regulate our sugars in foods but otherwise no not especially User Image  

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:39 pm
10) Should the alcoholic drinking age be increased or decreased? --
Maybe increased about five years, but that doesn't stop young kids. User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:41 pm
11) Should cigarette smoking be banned? --
No, but the age should be increased and they NEEEED. to keep doing whatever it is they are doing to keep kids from smoking. Numbers are at an all time low rn c:  

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:42 pm
12) Should Medical Marijuana be legal? --
Absolutely. Recreational too imo User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:43 pm
13) Do you think the 2003 invasion of Iraq was justified? --
No. It's good we try to spread diplomacy when we can but... no.  

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:47 pm
14) What do you think about Teen Pregnancy? --
I think it's much older of a thing than anyone seems to realize nowadays.
And that a lot of it can be prevented if parents would allow kids the freedom to ask them about sex, and to be informed on safe ways to prevent stds, too
I was young when I started practicing bc methods, but because my momma handled it as well as she did I never had a child at freakin 13(no offense to anyone, tbh now I want kids and am not able so I'm just jelly LOL)
and that some women are meant to be moms, some just aren't
age doesn't always factor in User Image  
Posting Quizzes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas