Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:02 pm
One question per post for it to count.
You may do the quiz however many times you want.

1) Do you think that gay marriage should be legal? --
2) Do you think that gays should be allowed to seve in the military? --
3) What do you think about people who don't believe in god? --
4) Are you Pro-Life or Pro-Choice? --
5) Do you think animal testing should be banned? --
6) How do you feel about illegal immigration? --
7) Do you think it is ethical to do stem cell research? --
8 ) Is torture ever acceptable? --
9) Should the government have a say on our diets? --
10) Should the alcoholic drinking age be increased or decreased? --
11) Should cigarette smoking be banned? --
12) Should Medical Marijuana be legal? --
13) Do you think the 2003 invasion of Iraq was justified? --
14) What do you think about Teen Pregnancy? --
15) Do you think there should be more or less gun control? --

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:14 pm
1) Do you think that gay marriage should be legal? --
Yes, cuz I'm not a bigot.  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:14 pm
2) Do you think that gays should be allowed to seve in the military? --
I don't see why not. If someone wants to defend our country they should be allowed to regardless of sexuality.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:15 pm
3) What do you think about people who don't believe in god? --
I generally find them to be more logical, more intelligent, more compassionate, and less bigoted than those who cling to religion. Ironic that religion tries to teach people how to be good and kind but most often just does the opposite.  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:18 pm
4) Are you Pro-Life or Pro-Choice? --
Pro-Choice. Abortion should never be used as birth control or a first resort but a woman deserves the right to choose what happens to her body. If someone is raped they should not have to host the result of that awful encounter for 9 months. If a woman is in danger of losing her life by bringing a child to term she should not have to. I think if people are so concerned with the "life" of a fertilized egg maybe they should look into caring about all the lives around them that they do nothing to help. Feed and help a homeless person, help starving children, support government aid for people in need...do those things first and stop bitching about a bundle of cells.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:19 pm
5) Do you think animal testing should be banned? --
For cosmetics, yes. No animal should be harmed for the sake of vanity. For medications and life-saving things? No. First round testing relies on animal subjects to see if it's even viable on a living being.  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:23 pm
6) How do you feel about illegal immigration? --
I lived in Oxnard for many years. The population there is very heavily mexican and mostly illegal. It's very annoying to go somewhere like McDonalds and discover that no one speaks English. If they cannot speak English they should not be working with the customers directly but I would never deny them work altogether. While I don't support illegal immigration I don't fault anyone for wanting to come here for a better life. I am absolutely against the stupid wall. Instead I'd like to see it made easier and more accessible to become legal. Let's welcome people with open arms so that they can have that better life and pay taxes to help the country. Symbiosis is good. So I guess I'm against illegal immigration but for immigration reform?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:26 pm
7) Do you think it is ethical to do stem cell research? --
Absolutely. It has already achieved so much and saved lives!  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:28 pm
8 ) Is torture ever acceptable? --
I don't believe it is. Studies have shown that it isn't as effective as treating someone humanely. Honestly I'm more willing to go with the route that has been scientifically proven. It's not a humanitarian thing for me but rather a resources thing. I want results and torture doesn't give them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:29 pm
9) Should the government have a say on our diets? --
Only in so much as to make sure they're safe for consumption. Limiting the chemicals and all that jazz so that we don't die.  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:32 pm
10) Should the alcoholic drinking age be increased or decreased? --
In the US it's fine where it is. I grew up having a glass of wine with dinner if I wanted (UK, not here) and over there drinking related incidents are so much lower because it's not a big deal. People are just like "uh..okay..." No one really wants to get shitfaced because they think that's stupid and immature.

Here in the US it's different. A very different culture and sadly the youths here put so much emphasis partying and going wild that I think lowering the age here would lead to disaster.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:34 pm
11) Should cigarette smoking be banned? --
No. It's dumb and gross but let people kill themselves slowly. Just ban it in certain public areas like restaurants, hospitals, schools, and places where a lot of kids go.  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:42 pm
12) Should Medical Marijuana be legal? --
YES. And recreational honestly. I'm not a stoner (I was but I got into worse drugs and eventually got clean. 10 years this march! I won't touch or be near people smoking pot now because I just don't want to be near drugs. Plus I'm a parent.) I think it should be taxed out the whazoo and have the same limitations as alcohol. An age limit, a no driving law, etc. States that have legalized it have seen severe drops in crime, and raises in state revenue!

-Dealers who could lace s**t won't be around because no one would buy from a dealer when they can get it legally and know the quality.

-Kids won't be smoking pot as much because dealers won't be around so they'd have no one to buy it from.

-Pot posession related charges and the costs associated with housing and processing them will be a thing of the past and that alone will seriously cut down on tax dollars spent.

-Stoners are great cooks. Seriously. Pothead hipster restaurants will be a thing and they'll be amazing.

-The stoners who are worthless unmotivated basement dwellers will have to leave the house to get their weed so maybe they'll discover what the outside world is like and start living in it.

-Non thc pot products are so great for a variety of mental and physical ailments.

-And yes, medical pot DOES work and it's wonderful. Kids stop having seizures (no these kids aren't smoking pot. They're taking pills that contain all the good parts of the plant with none of the "drug" effects) patients on chemo who don't want to eat can have appetites again, it helps with anxiety and depression, and so many other things!

It's not my thing, I won't do it, I wouldn't want my husband to do it but if it helps people and would help our economy I'm all for it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:44 pm
13) Do you think the 2003 invasion of Iraq was justified? --
Honestly I haven't researched enough on the topic to feel that I am informed enough to have an opinion.  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:48 pm
14) What do you think about Teen Pregnancy? --
It's a damn shame, it really is. I think partially it's due to bad sex ed. Kids need to learn prevention and not just pure ab sentence. Yes, every parent wants to think their kid won't be having sex, every parent wants to just tell their kid "No willy play!" but we need to be realistic. Sex is everywhere in the media (and even on Gaia!) and hormones rage. Teenagers are entirely likely to be experimenting and they need to be educated on how to prevent pregnancy and STDs, not just scolded and told no. Studies have shown that in abstinence only areas teen pregnancy is more than double the rate of areas in which they actually teach prevention and responsible safe sex.

On a related note, one of my friends was pregnant when we graduated High School at 17. She now has 3 kids (we're 27, her birthday is the day before mine) and she has given them an amazing life. She's a great mother and her kids are so smart and well behaved. Some teen pregnancies do turn out perfectly wonderful. Don't assume that just because someone is a teen parent that they'll be awful.  
Posting Quizzes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff