Rankings/Scores (5/5/20)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drako Damone
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:19 am
Each show, I'll be posting a ranking based on the results, stories, and activity on the show.

to expand on this, You will be rated based on your matches first, and any promos you do second. The more you do, the more there is to consider in ranking you. The scoring system will work as follows

Matches: top score will be 10. In order to get a 10, first you must have completed your match yourself. Next you'll be scored based on realism, story telling, and general psychology of the match. The result of the match does not award one person more than another. What will impact your score over your opponent's is a lack of selling, over countering, god moding, etc

Promos: This one is easier to score. The top score is also a 10. The length of the promo is not important. The important thing is the purpose of the promo. Does it build hype for a match? Does it start or continue a storyline? Is it building your character? (FYI doing multiple promos in one show will not get you more than 10 points. That would make it too easy to accumulate the necessary points for a title match)

So what's the point? You guessed it, this is how contender's for titles will be determined. Therefore, if championships are your aspiration, it benefits you to promo in addition to your matches. Having a storyline will definitely be of help to you as well.

With each score, i will evaluate your character and mention where you are in relation to a title match  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:30 am
(rankings are broken down overall. scores will be listed as a combined total)
Nitro #1

Cartwright: 16-firstly, Cartwright had an in ring and backstage segment to hype up the main event. In both, he brought up the history between himself and Zarel while also acknowledging his activity and history with WWFG as a storyline reason for joining WCWG. The in ring promo got personal with some nice shots, and the main event continued to play off of the promo, with the two veterans getting rid of the rookie early to fight each other. The only thing bringing the score down was the fact that I had to end the match.

Zarel Damone: 17- Zarel was only in the one segment with Cartwright, but definitely did his part to build the main event as mentioned. The added bonus is that he ended up being the winner in the main event

Ken Armand: 15-Ken goes down just a bit in rankings from the other two because he was only in one of the segments, though he still did his part to build the match, and played the rookie heel role well in the match.

Lana Leone: 7-no promos went into building the match, however the match was one of the longer and better ones on the card. Not too long, but once it got going it was interesting, and it looked like an old DHW rivalry might kick off there. Lana got the win after an exchange of finishers at the end

Zarya Damone: 6-again no promos, but she looked dominant in the match, prior to taking the the last finisher from Lana and the pin.

Alicia Armand: 6-Alicia played a small part in the promo that hyped up the main event, so she sort of hyped the match, and she played her role well as the heel in this match, shoving Adrianna into the early beating before getting beat up herself, and she was the first to hit her finisher. She also didn't take the pin.

Adrianna Lee: 5-her activity hurts her ranking. She took two auto hits early on in the match. She picked up after that thankfully and the match went well

Andre Damone: 6-got the win in a match that could have been more, based on how it was going once activity in it picked up.

Wanton Fox: 5-early activity is what hurts the rankings of this match. Once it got started, it looked like it could have gone somewhere if it had been this active from the start.

Damien Umbra: 5-got the win, by auto win, which helps. Not much more to say on that

Lionel Umbra: 5-same as above

Draze: 5-a win by no show, so I don't see fit to punish him by ranking any lower than that

Crayak: 2-lost by autowin after a promising start by jumping the umbras before the bell. no promos or anything gives a very low ranking

Mikey mckay: 2-same as above

Nicky Delabonte: 0-no showing doesn't warrant a ranking  

Drako Damone
Captain

Drako Damone
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:02 am
Nitro #2

Cartwright: 15-there's not as much to score this show as the first show. Not his fault though, he won his match by autowin, and he had an interesting promo to build the match up. Can't help but be amused when he basically called his opponent Akuma from Streetfighter, and if the match had gone on properly, he was poised to keep on with the references.

Zarel Damone: 10-no promo this show, which is what brings the score down. However, the main event was worth it anyway. It didn't need to be extra long. it looked just long enough for the main event of a Nitro, and there was a story in it. Zarel the veteran trying to overcome odds stacked against him and preserve his match at Slamboree.

Ken Armand: 8-Ken's score goes down mostly due to no promo this show, as well as his match not going very long.

Lana Leone: 12-Lana gets points for being in the promo and being the one to kickstart a women's title discussion. Being that she is the only one in the division to have won a top fed title, her threat to start beating up the guys holds weight. and it led to what might be the kickoff of a rivalry.

Zarya Damone: 12-Zarya was next to come out into the promo, nice bonus. Nice play on her past with Lana, being one of the few to hold a victory over her. The match started off much differently than expected. Perhaps on another occasion there'll be more to it.

Alicia Armand: 12-Alicia hangs up there with the first two ladies in that she also came out in the promo, and it seems clear who the heel of he division is going to be. Still waiting to see more of her voice and character though.

Adrianna Lee: 7-she did technically win her match, but perhaps she would benefit from putting more effort into establishing herself. All of the other members of the women's division were in the promo, but Adrianna did not appear. Again, need to see more of who this character is.

Andre Damone: 5-Andre came out on the losing end of the triple threat match. Not sure what direction this character is heading in.

Wanton Fox: 10-I was glad to see the promo. It gave me such hope. But as much passion as the character had in the promo, losing by autowin prevents his ranking from going any higher. Activity is how you get where you want to be here.

Damien Umbra: 5-technically lost his match, and was able to help more in his brother's match. He doesn't speak so the promo that was done was technically Lionel's.

Lionel Umbra: 20-ranking him this high simply because there was not only a promo which acknowledged the motivation for him to win the main event, but also the story was well told in the match. He used his brother multiple times as a distraction and to help dish out some punishment. While he may have lost, the showing was one that can be remembered. I predict his Slamboree could go very well  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:41 pm
Nitro #3

Cartwright: 15-another win, also by auto win, but a promo continued his build heading into Slamboree. We'll have to see about getting him some more active opponents in the future but the English Gentlemen is on a roll with only one loss to his record and great promos each show

Zarel Damone: 15-we got a promo this show, establishing some unity between father and children. The mixed tag match didn't go quite as far as one would have thought, but he scored the win and more momentum heading into Slamboree. He is, in fact, undefeated here thus far

Ken Armand:8-no promo and the match was a bit short. Still, looking forward to bigger things

Lana Leone: 12-Lana gets the win over Arianna due to activity, but she also was one of two to post in the women's championship debate. It gained her a women's championship match. Let's see how that goes

Zarya Damone; 15-part of the same promo with her father, she's focused. She scored a win in the match, but she missed an opportunity with the women's championship debate. still, worthy of a contender's match at the ppv

Alicia Armand: 15-odd to rank her above her husband, but she got more action. She's clearly the heel of the women's division, the catty downtalker. I want to see where she goes. She got herself a women's title match at Slamboree

Adrianna lee: 5-her activity is hurting her, and I still don't know much about this character. She has a contender's match at the PPV but she'd better get active quickly

Andre Damone: 12-Andre narrowly lost to Felix Genest in Felix's debut match. Andre has a chance to redeem himself at Slamboree but he really needs a win here to build some momentum. Was also in the promo with his father, so he has some direction. Let's see where it goes

Damien Umbra: 15-Damien came out with a loss this show, but an interesting promo opens possibilities. Seems like his brother took issue with the Brother Midnight name. What might come of that?

Lionel Umbra: 15-Lionel is the talker in the promos, clearly. he also defeated Cyrus Leone in the former world champion's WCWG debut. Certainly seems promising.

Brother Midnight: 7-a successful debut, as he managed to get a win over the larger Damien Umbra.Seems like he might have some issues to deal with concerning the Umbras though

Felix Genest: 7-another successful debut, as Felix emerges victorious over Andre Damone. match had a pretty good flow going, but now i want to know about the character himself. What's his motivation? What are his goals?  

Drako Damone
Captain

Drako Damone
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:38 pm
Slamboree

Cartwright: 20-the match was everything it needed to be. Cartwright didn't get the win, but the story told in the match makes it clear that there will be more to come. He also had a promising promo showing exactly what his goal was and how much the title meant to him

Zarel Damone: 20-same thing here. He was eliminated first, but the more intriguing part was that he was eliminated due to the interference of Damien Umbra. He also chokeslammed Ken Armand straight to hell after being eliminated. His role was played well.

Ken Armand: 10-here we have the winner of the match, gaining his first world title win. He was the perfect heel throughout the match. He was opportunistic, cowardly, dirty, sold plenty, got his a** kicked, and cheated to win. Bumpy road ahead for the character, but great performance

Lana Leone: 8-she was the favorite going into the match, and she got the win. Solid action though.

Zarya Damone: 5-i hate to rank her so low, but essentially she showed up, her opponent didn't. Gets her the number one contender's spot though

Alicia Armand: 8-I was pleased to see more of Alicia as a character come through. I know she's heel, because that's what I'm told. This time, we got to see it. I look forward to more of it.

Adrianna Lee: 0-she didn't bother to show up for her match. Why should i rank her anything else?

Andre Damone: 9-Andre redeemed himself with a big win here, defeating Lionel to take the United States championship in the show opener. Solid action, dynamics were played well. He was clearly the smaller fighting babyface here, and it was done right

Lionel Umbra: 9-technically lost, but I rank on the story, not wins and losses. He was the bigger heel willing to cheat to get his first singles championship. Didn't get it, but is the story really done?

Damien Umbra: 10-ranking Damien a little higher because not only did he win his match, but he cost Zarel the world title in the main event for no reason that anyone can fathom. Should be interesting to find out why he did it

Brother Midnight: 15-the only babyface in the match, he was bound to get jumped right? The role was played well, and even if he technically took the loss, there's a couple different directions he can go. He was also the only one to promo before the match, acknowledging the growing beef with him and the Umbras

Felix Genest: 9-solid heel work from this guy, as expected. I'm waiting to see what direction he'll take himself in from here.

Jaquan Bing: 5-so his match was finished at least, but it left a lot to be desired. Frankly, i think he should have taken the win here.

jaws jones: 5-again, the match was finished, but the godmoding in his posts was very irritating. Had I ended it, the match would have gone the other way. wins help, but so does the correct wording in your posts. This will need to be worked on quickly to rank any higher and to move up in the guild  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:22 pm
Nitro #4
Cartwright: 15-the promo was gold, as always, and continues his story. He was robbed of the world title, and he's still chasing it. Match had some solid building going, leading to a win but an after match attack that would see him come out in the main event to help his former partner when being beat up by three people. The tag match on the following cycle should be interesting

Zarel Damone: 20-world title rematch, after coming out in the opener and chokeslamming the champion. Gotta love it. and his issue with the Umbras isn't done. Based on what he said in the promo, and the interference in his title match giving him a win by DQ, the build should be interesting

Ken Armand: 20-fresh off his first ever world championship win, his party got crashed. What do you expect? He's a heel who won in heelishly heel tactics. So the rematch is booked, and he retains by DQ thanks to the Umbras. But I like the cocky heel act. It's working

Lana Leone: 8-she retained the title by pinning Alicia again. Seems there's some issues with Zarya though

Zarya Damone: 8-she's looking kind of dominate. She didn't win, but she didn't lose, and her style seems to have changed, being more of a powerhouse. She's technically still number one contender too

Alicia Armand: 8-she came off on the short end again, but it just isn't her time. Some more development and maybe she'll get another shot and perhaps a win

Andre Damone: 5-unfortunately his opponent was not all that active but a win is a win for the new US champion

Lionel Umbra: 9-so he went head to head with another former world champion and came up short, but he certainly made his presence felt throughout the night, interfering in the world title match. Careful what you wish for, right?

Damien Umbra: 10-I did not book him in a match, but that didn't stop him from making his presence felt. Beating up Cartwright, costing Zarel the world title. Stories are building and he seems to have beef with Zarel. Where's this leading?

Brother Midnight: 7-so, the match left a little more to be desired. Not bad work, but not as active as I'd have hoped

Felix Genest: 15-ranking him a little higher because, he had a promo, and he's called out the boss for the next Nitro. Seems like he has some issue with management

jaws jones: 6-kudos for working to finish your matches. Again, watch your wording but otherwise, there's a bit of improvement there

Ryback-8-nice debut and a win. Lot of patience I've noticed and solid grasp of how to work your matches.  

Drako Damone
Captain

Drako Damone
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:37 pm
Nitro #5

Cartwright: 17-do I have to speak on his promos? Yes, yes I do. He accomplished keeping all of his stories straight in one promo. On one hand, revenge against the Umbras by teaming with a guy he hasn't teamed with in years to put them in their place. On the other, he still wants the world heavyweight championship. And the win puts him right back in line for it

Zarel Damone: 17-again, we have a promo accomplishing exactly what it needs to. He's motivating his son to fight against the world champion while keeping his own focus on the Umbras. The win keeps him in line for a title shot, but I get the feeling he's not done with the Umbras

Ken Armand: 15-so, we have a cocky s**t heel champion? Love it. The promo was the type of s**t talking he should do. The match could have been more with more activity but he did get the win.

Lana Leone: 10-just a promo, a contract signing, and a bomb dropped. It'll be last woman standing for the women's title at the Great American Bash. Nice fight there too

Zarya Damone: 10-she's the number one contender,and she didn't want to say too much about it. She's planning to beat the champion, and that was shown. I like it

Andre Damone: 15-solid promo with dad. I want to see more family interaction between father and son. What kind of relationship do they really have? the match could have been more if there was more activity

Lionel Umbra: 8-the Umbras stuck their nose where one could argue it didn't belong, and faced a formidable team in Zarel and Cartwright, arguably the most dominant team in XCW history. The story was told well, even though they lost but there's always more for them, right

Damien Umbra: 8-same as above really. I feel like a one on one clash with Zarel is going to happen eventually

Brother Midnight: 9-i have nothing bad to say here. He got the win and is number one contender to the US title. But, um, can I get a promo next show?

Ryback: 6-the loss isn't what hurts the ranking here. Keep to the character. Ryback doesn't use Eddie Guerrero tactics, nor could he believably pull them off

Felix Genest: 10-just a promo, but an interesting one. he's got problems with the boss, and venting his problems earned him the main event on the next Nitro in a contender's match. Who said don't cross the boss?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:37 pm
from now on, I will do rankings after each pay per view, to give a more accurate total. Same scale, just longer time period to improve your score

Cartwright: 20-the new World champion after Starrcade, had a very clear story coming into the biggest show of the year. Promos each cycle told the story of him being screwed by the former champion, definitely kept him sympathetic, plus he's actually only lost four match since the beginning of the federation, through very clearly heel tactics with the exception of his first one.

Ken Armand: 20- the now former world champion has remained a consistently sneaky and underhanded heel. He's done the sneak attacks, retained his title by whatever manner of convenience that comes up. He's a heel, so it's a job well done. Now he lost at Starrcade and is out of the title picture. What's next for him?

Zarel Damone: 20-Zarel along with Cartwright has consistently been screwed out of the world title, by Ken Armand, the Umbras, and most recently, his own son. A retirement match was booked, no holds barred, and at the end, he has sailed into retirement. At least one of the first generation is done

Andre Damone: 20-he's had a rough period since the Great American Bash. He lost the championship to Brother Midnight in a triple threat match with Felix Genest, and he was actually the one pinned. He lost narrowly to Cartwright and in the rematch to Brother Midnight. Where it picks up is his alliance to his father crumbling and leading to the retirement match at Starrcade, which he won and forced Zarel into retirement. But where does he go next?

Zarya Damone: 12-activity wasn't the greatest coming in for her feud, but the feud was there. She and Lana went to a draw at the Great American Bash in last woman standing, so it went to two out of three falls. Had a couple promos to set this up, and a win in a tag match prior to the title win at Starrcade. Now she has a new challenger so we'll see how this gets set up and how her reign goes

Lana Leone: 12-again, activity hurt the scoring, but she was an interesting first Women's champion. She beat all that we had prior to this last title match, but Zarya has taken the title and the former champion is not guaranteed a rematch. She needs another feud before coming back to challenge for the belt

Damien Umbra: 15-so he's been an interesting heel. He's cost a couple people the world title, fought with both of those people, and gotten a few wins, most recently a casket match over Zarel Damone thanks to the now former world champion. He performed well at Starrcade in the battle royal, doing more selling than one might expect for the biggest man in the match.

Brother Midnight: 15-his rating suffers a bit just because he didn't do a scheduled match on the show leading into Starrcade, and no promo either. Still, between the Bash and Starrcade, he won the United States championship and retained it against the former champion. He was active in the battle royale but ultimately lost the championship. Time to build towards that rematch, right?

Lionel Umbra: 13-his win loss record isn't as good as his brother's, but he does his job as a heel rather well. Technically he had other plans for a storyline that were cancelled after the Bash, but he had a decent showing in the battle royal. I see him coming after the new champion at some point

Wanton Fox: 10-technically only showed up for the battle royale, so I can't rank him any higher. However, he was active, so kudos for that. My suggestion is to pick a direction, a goal, and work towards it. Activity is all that holds him back

Matt Draven: 10-also, couldn't rate any higher because he just came in at Starrcade, however, the match was active and ultimately, he was the winner and new United States Champion. I want to see how the activity goes from here on out, and some promos. Who's coming for the champ other than the former champ and how will he respond?

Goldberg: 10-yeah, I'm ranking him because he'll be around. What direction will he take? Of course there was activity here for this show, but when will we see him again and what will he do?

Jaws: 5-getting a tad tired of repeating myself here, first, hasn't been active. Second, every match has to be reminded of basics in his wording. Also, read the rules. If the rules say not to literally sit outside of the ring, the worst thing to do would be to sit at the announcer's table. Pay attention, watch the wording, get active, you know, the basics  

Drako Damone
Captain

Mister Mirage
Vice Captain

Super Phantom

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:02 pm
Rankings as of Deathtrap 2020!

I thought it would be nice to bring back the rankings and release a new one after each PPV.
Since it's been awhile since the last rankings, I went ahead and used a few shows to get a more adequate ranking. Crusade #4/Haven #4 up until now. Afterwards it'll be based on all the shows from PPV to PPV.

I'll probably be more in depth in future rankings, unless Drako wants to take over again. I base my rankings off of number of matches, wins/loses, appearances, and promo/stories. I've also separated Teams, Singles Men, and Singles Women for this one.

Men:
19. Grave Digger
18. Bulldozer
17. La Chief
16. Demon
15.Kana Samoa
14. Sammy Bell
13. "Homeless" Joe Guy
12. Mister Mirage
11. Shadow Tiger
10. Damien Umbra
9. White Tiger