Tags: Contests, Friends, Gold, Polls, Spam 

Reply Gaian News and Community Discussion
What do you remember about Gaia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gather 'round, children.
  Back in my day we had 'donation letters'.
View Results

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:52 am
When you were new?
This oldfag remembers how limited items were. If you wanted a furrie avi your options were neko fox, and trash werewolf. Maybe ugly cat neko if you liked bright yellow cat people. We didn't believe in this unisex s**t either. Girls wore dresses, guys wore tuxes.
You wanted to make a new outfit and you didn't know where to start? Tektek had your back and their layering was pretty accurate. You could send in donations to support Gaia and get cool items in return without being blamed for ruining the economy. Speaking of the economy, you were rich if you had 100k. And "poll whoring" was a reliable way of earning gold. I bought my first pair of pants from posting and polls. It was a legitimate quest. If you could pull off a decent cosplay that was a true feat because there were no sets tailor made to imitate your favorite anime character.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:15 am
I remember buying my horns of the demon for 80K, sold a demonfly for 88K to get it. never saw the horns dip below 100K after that

I also remember that poses were not a thing, you just had a static pose avi for everyone.

pink links were actual pink links, like a thread listing was highlighted. gave you about 1K gold.

also, you had to find jack or robo santa on the world map for events and he would give you a piece of candy or something, get enough for each themed getup.

the first time the zurg were introduced, I still have two drinks for each from that event(but they are worthless now cause its a gold shop item)

and that "love" building on the world map in barton? that actually had listings and whatnot, but it was shutdown due to adult themed shenanigans  

sgt.Frosty

Edwin jarvis

Smitten Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:25 pm
all the above and

When everyone did avatar arena's instead of runways.

Caring about having a virtual car. (do people still care??)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:49 pm
Edwin jarvis
all the above and

When everyone did avatar arena's instead of runways.

Never did care.

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:13 pm
I remember when Slots first launched and people were cybering like crazy in there.

I also remember hunting down cybering noobs in Towns 1 and reporting them, the cringe they cooked up was funny to read.

I also remember the pink daffodil glitch in Towns 1.

Oh and when the rare events were glitched and a link list was going around and if you clicked through the links you would get your missing boxes and trunks.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:24 pm
Edwin jarvis

Gaia could've gone far with car customization and having more variety of cars.
Sadly never happened. sad

As for the post itself:
I remember when Gaia was a lot more involved locally. They not only held panels at the local con, they even had their own little team at the local baseball league and held events to hang out with local Gaians.  

Vanishing Into

Newbie Noob

11,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Slumbering

Fuzzy Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:04 pm

I remember everything above.

I remember creating a house was also pricey. I recall going into towns for one specific house that was popular that a big group of users would go to and there even being a guild just about the house lolol. It was busy everyday or at least one or two users would be on each time I'd check it out. Everyone was kind (not that that really has changed tho). Now the house is empty with no user in sight. RIP

I also recall a short moment in time were there was like an IM system on gaia?-again-it didn't last long but I loved it haha.

I remember when Ian was a blonde and vampires were never in the picture.
I remember when fishing was my go to for gold as well as voting polls when I first joined. I haven't been there in 5ever.
yum_strawberry yum_strawberry yum_strawberry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:00 am
I forgot about IMs. I used that sometimes. It was useful. Wonder why they removed it.

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:02 am
A-B0T
I forgot about IMs. I used that sometimes. It was useful. Wonder why they removed it.

It's not that they wanted too, it was third party that supported the IM feature. That party shut it down because they went out of business.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:03 am
It took me one month of shitposting in the CB and pollwhoring to get 15K so I could buy a pair of Demonic Anklets. I was online for hours each day trying to scrape up the gold. lol  

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:12 am
That was about the average for MCs for a long time. 10k-20k.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:59 pm
I remember when the Manga for Gaia was worth reading, now it's full of plot holes and there so many storylines it's hard to keep things straight.  

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Gaian News and Community Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers