Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] We Don't Know How It Got There! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:00 pm
Spring had sprung across Kodo, bringing new life and vibrancy to the region.
To the east of the town of Jinko, an energetic effort had been underway for a little while; a small wooden cabin sat some distance from the edge of the forest, on the outskirts of the plains, and the land around it parceled off into some distinctively bordered sections.

A large paddock had been set up to facilitate an area of which the purpose was clear from a large sign hastily secured about the front door.

‘Temporary Daycare!’ it read, accompanied by a colorfully painted pink, blue, and white egg. A laminated notice, pinned to the left of the door declared, ‘To leave a pokemon with us, please see Geraldine inside!’ in bold, pink, comic sans.

Beside the daycare notice, no less large but a lot less loud, was another notice in bold blue pragmatic Arial. ‘Visitors who have come to take part in the egg hunt may seek out Beverly within. Free pokewalker for all participants. Please see map below for search areas.’

There was, indeed, a map of the area beneath the two notices; it showed the cabin at the center of the map with three areas marked in blue highlighter and labelled ‘1’, ‘2’, and ‘3’, at various distances from the cabin.

Beneath the map was yet another laminated notice, this one labelled ‘How to hunt eggs!’ and adorned with a large smiling Buneary face.

‘Within the 3 areas marked upon the map, we have hidden colorful replica eggs! These can only be found within the 3 areas, and they share those areas with various wild pokemon! Egg hunters are encouraged to befriend and catch these pokemon! The hunters with the greatest number of eggs may receive a special prize! All egg hunters may receive a pokewalker!’
The areas on the map were marked as follows:

1) Nearest to the cabin, aside from the daycare paddock. Area 1 is a large area consisting entirely of grassland. The edges of which are marked with pastel pink flags at short distances from each other.

2) The edges marked with light blue flags, Area 2 is to the east of Area 1 and is a mixture of scrub land, very young trees, and grassland.

3) The easternmost area is Area 3. It is a large area set entirely within the forest and marked with yellow flags at the edges.

DAYCARE OOC RULES/INSTRUCTIONS:
1) You can leave up to two pokemon in the daycare. They can't be wild pokemon, and can both be from the same trainer or different trainers. You're not required to put any in daycare if you don't want to.
2) Every pokemon left in daycare will find an egg to bring along once it's picked up at the end, which means you can receive up to two eggs. These eggs aren't from the egg hunt, and what each hatches into will be a surprise!
3) Each egg will be from a blind breeding between the pokemon that found it and a random other pokemon (not one another player left in daycare). All of them will hatch into uniquely colored pokemon that may or may not be the same species as the parent pokemon that found the egg. Edits will not be passed down in these.

OOC RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS!
1) You may obtain two pokémon from this ORP total. This does not have to be with the same character.
2) There is no limit on how many characters you may play in this ORP but you are limited to keep only two pokémon as a player.
3) Please be very clear in your post when rolling; you must include the area you are rolling for either by name or number listed, and a clear description of whatever your character might be doing.
4) Please remember this is a very public event and as such it would be unwise for Rocket characters to appear in uniform or behave in an obviously suspicious manner.
5) When a pokemon appears, please be very clear as to whether you are choosing for your character to keep that pokémon or not. How your character encounters the pokémon ICly is up to you. You're free to interact with the pokemon even if you don't want to keep it, so long as you clearly specify your intent. Once caught, however, you cannot release a pokémon to 'free up a slot', so please be sure you want the pokémon you catch.
6) To 'roll' you must generate a random number between 1 and 13; this plus the area you provide in your roll post will determine what your character encounters.
7) There /are/ booby prizes; these will be clearly stated as such.
8) The chance to obtain pokémon will run from today (Friday the 21st) starting now until 11 pm(EST) on Friday the 28th of April! After that only booby prizes can be rolled.
9) The ORP itself will remain open indefinitely for RP.
10) In this ORP you may find colored eggs as well as pokemon and booby prizes. The three characters with the most eggs found each when rolling ends at 11 PM EST on Friday, April 28th, will each win a Mega Stone! These are limited to one per player, even if a player had more than one character in the top three.
11) Every character that joins the egg hunt will receive a special Togepi-themed pokewalker if they would like one! These are not limited to one per player, so you can receive as many pokewalkers as you have characters in the egg hunt. If you'd like a Togepi pokewalker, simply fill out the following form and include it when you introduce a character in the ORP:
[size=18][b][color=darkred]I'd like a Togepi Pokewalker please![/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][b]Pokemon:[/b] (Any non-legendary, non-Mega evolved pokemon)
[b]Name:[/b] (A name for your pokewalker pokemon!)[/size]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:55 pm
[KO, Cabin]

KO arched a sculpted eyebrow at the sign with the pink font emblazoned across it. Comic sand? Really? He rolled his eyes and tutted at the bad taste outside the door before pushing it open and sauntering inside. "Hello? I'm looking for Geraldine, and Beverly too." Beverly's sign lacked style but at least it wasn't comic sans. Had he stumbled upon an 'odd couple' here? Of course the two women could be - probably were - just friends or colleagues but he couldn't help wondering if any given situation he walked into might turn out to be queer; if they were he was going to judge them for letting the side down on the style front.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:11 pm
TawnyAngel
[Cabin]

"Hallooo-hallooo~!" Came a chipper sing-song voice from a behind a rustic looking desk. A tall beehive of bright pink hair waggled, before a middle-aged woman who could not have been more than 4'11 straightened up to her full height from whatever she had been doing beneath the furniture. She was adorned in pearls around her wrists and neck, and wore a fluffy pink dress- to call it a tutu might have been understating the garment- and bright pink flip-flops.

"Hello there." Came a quieter, formally polite sounding voice from a nearby doorway. It belonged to a tall, wiry woman with a straight black bob. She wore a blue dress, prim and proper, with an ankle length skirt, and sensible brown shoes.

"Geraldine and Beverly! That is us, is us, indeed~! Have you come to leave some little darlings with us for a time~?!" Sang the short woman.

"Perhaps our guest has come to enjoy the egg hunt?" Suggested the taller woman.

In unison they looked to KO.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:47 pm
[KO, cabin]

What. What? Really, what. KO stared at the fluffy pink apparition in silence for a moment or two before turning to look at her partner - had to be - and waited for his eyeballs to stop feeling like they were going to crawl out of his skull in protest at the tiny perky woman's attire.

"Both, actually," he said with a hint of a sly smile; he was mostly addressing the tall woman but glanced at the little one too because he did want her services. "I was hoping I could leave my Umbreon here while I go on the egg hunt," he clarified, and then reached to his belt for Regent's pokeball and release the star-marked Eeveeloution onto the floor beside him. Regent glanced about and quickly focused on the Pink Creature; his ears twitched and he gave her a rather puzzled look.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:02 pm
[Lex, Cabin]

That was... That was a lot of pink. Sort of eye searing pink. Lex tilted their head, looking over the sign. Alright then. That seemed to not bode well for them. THis would be interesting. To say the least.

Hmm. and an egg hunt, but first. They had to go inside. "So, what do you think Jupe?" They questioned, stroking the crown of the young Umbreon that was their helper today.

She questioned, walking calmly. She followed him as he walked inside.

"More of the idea of temporary daycare and an egg hunt." Lex replied, stepping inside.

Jupe replied jaunty.

I'd like a Togepi Pokewalker please!
Pokemon: Umbreon
Name: Jupe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:05 pm
TawnyAngel
[Cabin]

"Oh, isn't he just darling~! Of course you may leave him with us! It would be our absolute pleasure! Look at the darling creature, Beverly! Isn't he just adorable~?!"

"Very pleasing." Agreed the more subtly attired woman. "You are quite free to participate in our egg hunt and can rest assured that Geraldine will care well for your Umbreon. We just require his name and yours."

"Oh! I bet he has a magnificent name! He's such a cutie-pie! Yes, he is~! Oh! Don't forget the pokéwalker, Beverly!"

"Provided the gentleman wants one, I shall not forget."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:10 pm
Shaddaling
[Cabin]

"Ooooohooo~! Another wonderful visitor come to leave their darling with us~!" The shrill voice of the tiny pink-clad woman sounded very excited at the sight of Lex now too.

"Or," Insisted the taller woman "someone to partake of our egg hunt."

"Or both~!" Countered Geraldine, looking with an excited beam of a grin toward Lex and Jupe.

They looked at Lex expectantly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:15 pm
[KO, cabin]

If you blended the two women you might get one who was almost normal... Almost. KO would be the first to say that normal was dull but normal would definitely be a step up for Geraldine.

"Sure, this is Regent," KO gestured to the Umbreon, "and I'm Kirk Oak... I'll pass on the pokewalker thanks but I look forward to exploring your egg hunt."

Regent looked up at KO in disbelief as he spoke, was he really leaving him here with this- this- article? There had better be treats, a lot of treats... She did seem like the kind who would give them out to a cute, friendly pokemon. Regent chirped, perked his ears up and trotted over to the pink human.

When the door opened and let in the sound of a familiar voice KO turned with his brows raised slightly. "Oh, hello I didn't know you were coming; we could've caught a ride together."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:17 pm
[Lex, Cabin]

Lex nearly choked on air as they looked up at the shrill greeting and meet a mound of bight pink, towering hair. They coughed, giving a tiny wheeze as they managed to swallow down the first thing that cross their mind.

"Why ladies, why not both?" Lex asked, gathering it together. "Though Jupe will be coming with me on the egg hunt. Could I trouble you to watch my Mismagius? " They pulled the poke-ball out, releasing the white ghost type with surprisingly soft and delicate pink trim.

Lex paused and looked up before grinning. "It was sort of a last minute thing, I decided I needed to get out."
(tiny edit)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:33 pm
TawnyAngel
[Cabin]

Shaddaling
[Cabin]

"Very well. Oak; any relation?" Beverly inquired as she dutifully retrieved a clipboard and a pen to write down names. "Enjoy your hunt." She gave a very brief smile toward KO.

"Oooohoo, Regent! What a darling! You're going to have such a nice time! Aren't you just so cute~?!" Geraldine gushed over Regent, and then shot a triumphant look that was flatly ignored by Beverly when Lex confirmed they were there for both as well.
"Another adorably spooky little darling to stay with us~! Oho, how utterly wonderful, yes, wonderful~! We'll be happy to watch your Mismagius!"

"Yes, we welcome you to do both. Geraldine does so love caring for pokémon and I would be satisfied to see people find the eggs I labored to hide. We simply need your names. I take it you would like to partake of our pokéwalker offer?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:40 pm
[KO, cabin]

KO resisted the urge to roll his eyes and merely answered; "No, no relation," with mildly pleasant blandness. Why did people always ask that? The old man was a joke as far as he was concerned, though he might have been good if he wasn't so tangled up by his ethics.

With that dealt with KO turned again and nodded understanding to Lex's explanation. "Work's been crazy lately, I thought I should get out too before my complexion ends up like yours." Not that he ever would go that pale - he didn't have the genetics for it - but he was definitely feeling less sun-kissed than he liked to be.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:51 pm
[Lex, Cabin]

"Lex Karantirov," Lex replied and smiled brightly. "Thank you, I'm sure she will enjoy it." Nickle seemed a bit entrance with Geraldine's hair, reaching out to poke at it with a feeler.

"It has, hasn't it." Lex shook their head, amused. "I'm rather sure you would have to resort to rice powder to get as pale as I am."

Jupe muttered, staring at Geraldine as if she was some sort of sub human creature of glitter and bright colors.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:53 pm
[Taavi, cabin]

Was there anything better than spending a lovely spring day out in the fresh air? No, there wasn't, except for spending a lovely spring day out in the fresh air doing a fun activity! It was only by chance that he stumbled across it on his way home from a few days in the field and so though he messaged Abel and a couple of work friends about it he wasn't sure they'd show up in time to join him. Even if they didn't though he had the company of his pokemon and that was more than enough!

Taavi spent a few moments reading the signs outside the cabin, you couldn't help but smile at signs with so much personality! He could practically picture the people who'd printed them.

And so it was that Taavi stepped into the cabin with a bright smile on his face.

And then, abruptly, he stopped smiling. "Oh. It's you." Well that was his day ruined already. What the hell were they doing here?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:14 pm
[Lex, ******** turned around, brushing back a wayward curl and smiled at Taavi like everything was right with the world. "Well, hello Taavi. It has been awhile hasn't it? How as the KSO been treating you?"  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:15 pm
TawnyAngel
[Cabin]

Shaddaling
[Cabin]

Beverly nodded with a similar mildly pleasant blandness to KO; she didn't seem to register surprise or disappointment nor anything at receiving the answer, merely accepted it and nodded as she scribbled down names.
"I have noted down your name. What is the name of your Mismagius? For Geraldine's records. I must keep those too." She addressed Lex.

Geraldine, meanwhile, was perfectly content to let Nickle poke her hair and seemed delighted with all the pokémon who were staying.
"Ohoo, they're all such darling little creatures~! There's a wonderful place to play out the back! You'll have so much fun together~!"

Taavi's entrance elicited a very cheerful rebuke.
"Now now~! My dear, there's to be no frowning here~! Beverly does enough of that for the whole region~! Smiles for the darlings in here, please, everyone~!"

"She means welcome, and to ask if you've come to partake in the egg hunt, leave some pokémon with us, or perhaps both?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff