Welcome to Gaia! ::

Academy of Grand Magic

Back to Guilds

The fantasy world known as Eoana, where each human is born with a unique power. What will your story be? 

Tags: Fantasy, Magic, Roleplaying, Literate 

Reply Kingdom of Valor ➤ City
City → Marketplace Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pinkberry Blossoms
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:46 pm
User Image

Valor City's marketplace is unlike any other market in the entirety of Eoana. As Valor is a large kingdom, it is easier for venders to sell their many items from around the lands due to Valor's large population. It is often very busy during the day, and nearly empty at night.

Venders will sell anything between food (mainly fish) and clothing and weapons and everything in between. Whatever you need, you'll find it here.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:44 pm
User Image
F A Y E T T E ж D R I S C O L L

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAbnormis sapiens
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRes firma mitescere nescit

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxI am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I'm not the devil. I'm just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.
-Marilyn Monroe

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

It took Fayette a while to track down and find the marketplace and what felt like almost just as long to find a vender that could sell her the strawberries that she was craving so much. Fayette was taken back with how huge this place was and just how different it was to her sleepy little village, it seemed that people were in such a mindless hurry to get from one place to another. There was almost a hollowness to the way that these people lived their lives as they shuffled one way and another or called out to sell their wares to passersby. To make things worse, Fayette couldn’t seem to see any Fairies here either, it was as if the noise and needless toil scared them off and left the city almost dead of any real life or wilderness that touch the human heart so completely. To be perfectly honest, it made Fayette feel a little uncomfortable and closed in. Being a small town girl herself she could always enjoy quieter streets and familiar faces all around, there was always a level of intimacy to being in such a place that was obviously lacking here. Fayette was starting to get a little overwhelmed by the calling out of wares, the mummer of the crowd and the tight streets that seemed to just grow around her. This place was certainly a place of convenience for those around here but Fayette wasn’t sure if this level of convenience was worth such a cold and unpersonable atmosphere. After nibbling a couple of strawberries she decided to get away from the mindlessness of the marketplace and to also try and get her bearings around here. This place was swarming with people and she was getting even more disoriented than she was before. Fayette tucked her cargo under her arm and climbed up onto the top of the roofs so that she could get a better view and get a better view so she could determine where she was and where she needed to go. She wished that there was a familiar face around here that she could cling to a bit and hopefully get her back to the Academy before she was found as nothing more than rags and bones due to her long absence. Fayette glimpsed around and could only see a sea of similar looking roofs and the academy far off into the distance. Fayette pouted as she noted that there weren’t too many landmarks that she could use as a reference in order to forge her way back to where she was supposed to be. Bah, next time she would stick to trying to find some wild strawberries and avoid the marketplace as though it had a plague… that was unless she could find someone far more intimate with this hopelessly mirrored environment.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWise without instruction
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxA firm resolve does not know how to weaken

Thoughts: Bah! Where in the name of heaven and earth am I?! @ A @
Feelings: Hopeless lost and worried that I'll never find my back to the Academy. =3=
Theme music: Tir Na Nog

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:27 am
User Image

xxxx♢ ♪ Lerato Sanchez ♪ ♢xxxx

Musical Arts Professor

⊴ ☆═━┈┈┈┈━══━┈┈┈┈━═☆ ⊵

-- Enter --

The stroll towards the marketplace was casual for the professor; the walk did help to clear his mind a little. But still, the cacophony of the bustling atmosphere was something inevitable for him. Lera kept his hands in his pockets, scanning around for any stall selling machinery parts and supplies. He had carried nothing else but his satchel containing a few of his possessions, especially the pouch for his coins. In fact, he was so intent on the search that he hadn't realized that he bumped into someone.

It was a female, the dual-colored hair being the obvious trait. Based on her stature, she was definitely a student, one of the people attending the orientation. Normally, he would be scolding her, but he had no energy for that right now."Oh, pardon me for bumping into your space. Are you looking for something?" he questioned the female. Who knows if she had the similar goals as him, except that she would be buying something else other than the battery for his clock.

⊴ ☆═━┈┈┈┈━══━┈┈┈┈━═☆ ⊵

Mood: calming down a little
Company: a student
OOC: I hope you won't mind if he bumped into her. XD

Quote:

Razsminion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:04 pm
User Image
User Image
RYSERxcain

Court MageProfessor of Combat

Ryser and Gannon strolled through the marketplace with a specific destination in mind: the Rosemary Tavern that he had heard open up about a week ago since the old one mysteriously burned to the ground. Ryser had his gloved hands in his pocket and he subconsciously felt around for any loose gold. Out of luck.

"It's pretty busy today," Ryser said to Gannon, looking around curiously with his nose in the air. He could smell meat grilling over a fire and he followed the smell to an older man running the stall. He had his face down in his craft, working hard not to overcook the meat. Ryser's mouth watered and his stomach croaked in pain. He was starving."How much for it, old man?" Ryser asked the stall owner, pointing at one of the skewered sticks of meat.

"Five gold!" the man answered as he started to flip all of the skewers to another side. Ryser hadn't even realized he was so hungry, and he frowned as he remembered that he had no coin. He turned his head to face Gannon and just stared at him with a blank expression.

the_littlest_dragonfly

Pinkberry Blossoms
Captain

The_littlest_dragonfly

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:40 pm
User ImageUser Image
╔═══════════════════

--Enter the Marketplace—

The marketplace was bustling with far more people than it usually would. Although it was a leisurely day for most, Gannon hadn’t expected so many of the citizens to be out and about, then again, what else would they be doing on their day off? Walking side by side with Ryser, they weaved their way through the crowd as they headed for the Rosemary Tavern. Gannon didn’t know much about the place aside from the fact that it was built on the site where the old ‘Cloak & Dagger Tavern’ had been previously.

It didn’t take them long to reach the food stalls that sold premade food for anyone who was hungry and wanted something to eat while they strolled through the market. Like Ryser, the smell of cooking meat made his mouth water and his stomach growl. Following his friend over to the stall, he arched a brow at the price. It was a bit steep for cooked meat on a stick, at least in Gannon’s opinion. Since he would likely be the one treating Ry, he couldn’t help but want to haggle a bit. Sure enough, Ry gave him one of those looks. It wasn't exactly the puppy eyes, but it was close enough to sway Gannon into buying.

“One for 5 gold? How about four for 15 gold?” The vendor looked up and frowned at Gannon. It was clear that he didn’t like the idea of ‘buy three get one free’.

“They are 5 gold each.” Gannon shrugged before looking to the next stall over. Another vendor was cooking meats that smelled just as tantalizing. “Sir? How much is one of your meat sticks?” The vendor looked up and smiled seeing where this was going. “One for 4 gold, two for 7 gold, three for 11 gold, four for 14.”

“Well, that’s a bit more reasonable…” Just as they were about to head to the next stall over the first vendor reached out to stop them. “Alright! Alright…four for 15 gold.” Glancing at Ryser, he gave him a small wink before reaching into his gold pouch to hand over the 15 gold needed to pay for the food. Handing Ryser his two sticks, Gannon took his in hand only to take a large bite of the juicy meat. It was as delicious as it’d smelled and well worth the price. Heading back into the crowd to head toward the tavern, Gannon occupied himself with his food as they walked. He was still upset with Ryser for ignoring him, but at least now that he had some food in hand he had a reason to be quiet while he ate.

═══════════════════╝

Faculty Advisor & Court Mage || Gannon Noble

Pinkberry Blossoms

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:53 pm
User Image
User Image
RYSERxcain

Ryser watched in quiet wonder as Gannon beautifully haggled the prices for the meat. During the entire exchange, Ryser was grinning wolfishly, no doubt proud of his good friend. When Gannon held out two sticks of meat, Ryser swiped them and immediately yanked a big piece of delicious muscle off of the stick. The first bite was always the best, so it was the one he was most eager to visit. As they walked, Ryser slowed down his eating. The flavoring on the meat was fantastic! So much so, that every once in a while, Ryser would lick the meat like a long lollipop.

After a while though, Ryser stopped eating. His last stick of meat was only half eaten, but he wasn't picking at it. He looked to the ground, stole a glance at Gannon, and then his eyes went back to the ground. Something was clearly wrong. Ryser could not only see it, but he could feel it in Gannon's blood. It was moving just a bit quicker than normal, as if in anticipation of something.

"Is something wrong?" Ryser questioned, with just a little hesitation in his voice. He kept his eyesight at the ground, but he could see Gannon's moving figure in his peripheral vision. "... You're not talking to me."

the_littlest_dragonfly
wink

Pinkberry Blossoms
Captain

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:37 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxI am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I'm not the devil. I'm just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.
-Marilyn Monroe

Fayette was about to scale the side of the building to reach a rooftop when she hear a gentle voice call out to her and she turned around to see a rather femininely elegant man standing behind her. Her eyes squinted a little bit and she circled around him for a moment before she jumped on his shoulder a bit and ran her tongue up the side of his face. Leaving a trial of saliva in her wake, she smacked her lips together and tilted her head to the side.
”Sweet grapes, how interesting.” She semi-recognized the man from the auditorium, he had been the late comer while she was trying unsuccessfully to make her escape into the great unknown of the never-ending marketplace. Fayette placed her index finger on the side of her mouth and then tilted her head with a puzzled expression gracing her features. It was only a couple of minutes of mindlessly wandering through her own thoughts that she realized that she had been asked a few questions from the man. Not wanting to be rude she gave a firm nod. ”Right! It is important that we answer these intellectual quanteries to broaden horizons. Firstly to be address, I have no space to bump into my good sir! I am here and yet I am not here in the same way that I am here and yet everywhere in this grand world! So there is no need to apologise to invade something that cannot be invaded. Second question first, because we don’t want to offend the second question’s importance: I am actually looking for my way back to the academy. I got my strawberries so I went this way… then I realized that I was going back the way I wasn’t supposed to go so I went that way to go back to the way that I wasn’t supposed to go in the first place so that I could not go where I wasn’t supposed to go originally. But then I realized that by going this way then that way I found myself back where I was originally trying to escape from so that not actually left the location in order to achieve what I had originally set out to do…”
”Well that was as clear as mud…
”Shush you! I made perfect to me and that’s all that matters sometimes.”
”You’re mental gymnastics are impressive, Fayette, though if you just admitted that you’re lost you might have saved yourself some time and his brain from dribbling out his ears trying to keep up with you.
”I am not lost I’m just… exploring with no destination in mind and not quite sure how to retrace my steps to return to my original position is all.” During the conversation with her Fairies, Fayette’s head and turn from one shoulder to the other before she crossed her arms in defiance at the end when she half-heartedly confessed that she was lost. Fayette’s face fell into a defeated pout and she shifted on her one leg to transfer the weight. ”Still, I have to admit that this place is so much bigger than what I’m used to, it doesn’t help that everything looks the same. Hey, is the Academy over there in that general direction?”

Feelings: Hopeless lost and worried that I'll never find my back to the Academy. =3=

Kurisuchin Saiyuki
I don't mind. o 0 o Though I did plan to bump into Gannon and Ryser while I was here, so you may be dragged along for that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:32 pm
User Image

Musical Arts Professor

⊴ ☆═━┈┈┈┈━══━┈┈┈┈━═☆ ⊵

Honestly, Lerato was confused by the jumble of words imposed on him by the student. While he understood that explanations were a necessity to avoid further questioning, it would be possible that alibis would be narrated. Lera was right about the alibi part when she decided to just cut to the chase; a frown crossed his lips when she was done speaking, wiggling his finger while planting his free hand on his hips. "Now, now, you don't need to speak too much, missy. Telling the truth that you're completely lost is all I need to hear." He then sighed, hands now on the sides. "Hey, how about we both get what we are seeking here first, then I'll guide you back to the Academy? I actually have business to attend to here in the marketplace. Who knows if the stalls selling your fruits is actually not that far from the place that sells machine parts? I actually know the directions here since I have been frequenting this place whenever I need something."

Besides, he just wanted to get the task done and over with. In fact, he didn't even realize that both the court mage and adviser were also in the marketplace. Oh boy, that would be a fun ride.

⊴ ☆═━┈┈┈┈━══━┈┈┈┈━═☆ ⊵

Mood: frowning a little
OOC: I noticed that things had gone awkward between Ryser and Gannon. Oops.

Quote:

Razsminion

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

The_littlest_dragonfly

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:43 am
User Image
User Image
╔═══════════════════

By the time Ryser picked up on the vibe that Gannon was throwing off, he’d finished his meat sticks and had tossed the little pieces of wood in a bush so they could decompose and return to nature. “Is something wrong?” The hesitation in Ryser’s voice was enough to tell Gannon that he was sorry, even if he didn’t know what he’d done to upset Gannon. "... You're not talking to me."

Releasing a sigh, Gannon tried to think of what to say without sounding whiney or petty. It was stupid that he was upset in the first place, but he couldn’t help the way he felt. After a few moments of silence, Gannon reached out and gently grasped Ryser’s arm before pulling him to the side of the street and out of the way of the flow of people. Looking up at Ryser, Gannon frowned lightly. “You’re mistaken, Ry. It’s the other way around, you’re the one not talking to me.”

When Ryser only gave him a puzzled look, Gannon knew that he needed to lay it out for him. “Look Ry, I’m not going to ask you what’s wrong and pry into your business, you know that. But just because I don’t ask doesn’t mean that I don’t notice when something is wrong or that I don’t worry about you.” Sighing again he shrugged his free shoulder, the one Brageet wasn’t napping on.

“If it seems like I’m upset, it’s because I’m worried, that’s all. I don’t expect you to tell me what’s wrong, but that doesn’t mean that I’ll just let it go either. You have a right to your privacy and I have the right to worry about my friend.” That being said, Gannon gestured back toward the crowd. “Now let’s go get a drink, I think we could both use one at this point.”

═══════════════════╝

pinkberry blossoms

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:34 am
User Image

xxxxxxxx
-Marilyn Monroe

Fayette blinked a few times when the man scolded her for using too many words to explain something before she dropped her eyes to the side and brought her index finger to scratch the side of her cheek. ”Sorry, I’m used to talking to Fairies and they love to speak in riddles and confusing ways like that. I guess I need to remember that not everyone speaks like that.” It was true that Fayette did chat more with the Fae then she did with regular human beings. That wasn’t to say that she was unable to communicate with humans but she found her dealings with the fae seemed to have left a bit of a scar on her verbal pallet. When the topic of getting her what she wanted was brought up she once more blinked before lifting the basket lid that she had with her and produced the items that she had sought out earlier.
I already found them thanks, but if you still need to pick something up I’m pretty sure that I could tag along until you find what you need. I don’t mind… it’s not like I’m going to find my way back anytime soon on my own. Have you lived here long?” Fayette placed the strawberry that she produced from the basket earlier and began to nibble it. Originally she was going to just put it back but she figured that sense it was out and she didn’t want to hurt the strawberries feelings that she should eat it now. Fayette pulled herself up along-side of the faculty member and listened to him while he answered her question and they made their way towards wherever they were about to go.

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:05 am
User Image

Musical Arts Professor

⊴ ☆═━┈┈┈┈━══━┈┈┈┈━═☆ ⊵

If only the female would not speak too much, then Lera would have a much easier time. But then again, the plausible explanation behind that quirky tendency would prove a point. He nodded when she mentioned that she had finally found the fruit but decided to tag along with his quest for the energy source. He responded to the question about residing within the towns. "Been living within this town since I was born but I moved to live in the dorms since I graduated from being a student in the academy. That's all you need to know." But as he let her follow him on the way to that certain stall, Lerato spotted both the hot head and the adviser within his field of vision.

However, he decided not to pry within their conversation since the topic may be personal. The professor chose to ignore them for the time being as he continued sauntering away from the duo, the student being his only companion for the time being.

⊴ ☆═━┈┈┈┈━══━┈┈┈┈━═☆ ⊵

Mood: curious, but decided not to pry
OOC:

Quote:

Razsminion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:55 am
User Image
User Image
RYSERxcain

Ryser stared at Gannon with a wide eye as he spoke vaguely about what was bothering him. When Gannon finished, Ryser had his head slightly bowed so that his hair covered his eye and his mouth was formed into a tight straight line.

It was clear that Gannon was upset for Ryser not sharing anything with him, although he couldn't pick out the exact moment when that happened. That was just the way Ryser was, especially about certain topics. Gannon went to return to the crowd, claiming that they both needed a drink, and Ryser quickly reached out and grabbed his arm to stop him from leaving.

"No..." Ryser began, and then pulled his head up to face Gannon. He had a solemn smile on his face, which harbored a lot of darkness and sadness behind it. "You do have a right to ask. You've always had that right."

Ryser dropped Gannon's arm and took that hand and pressed it against the eye that was underneath the eye patch. He was bound to a certain someone and he carried that pain with him wherever he went. Was Gannon really able to see through his facade; a facade of which he didn't even know he had? Ryser grimaced, as if in physical pain, but it was the strange realization that he had caused his friend to worry so heavily. He felt guilty, an emotion he certainly was not used to. The dark, emotional atmosphere that surrounded the two of them lightened a bit and Ryser scratched his cheek in feigned apathy.

"... Sorry..." he mumbled under his breath and averted his eyes to the ground again, trying to keep it as quiet as he could. It certainly felt strange to apologize to anyone, but if anyone deserved it, it would be Gannon.

the_littlest_dragonfly

Pinkberry Blossoms
Captain

The_littlest_dragonfly

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:29 am
User Image
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Ryser’s strong and sudden grip on his arm stopped him from heading back out into the crowd and surprised him to no end. Normally it would be Ryser wanted to skip past the conversation and head for the Tavern, but here he was stopping him. Wide eyes for a moment, Gannon looked up to see Ryser’s eye covered by his hair and his mouth set in a grim line. As he looked up as Ryser raised his face to look down into Gannon’s eyes with his good eye.. “No…” Confused for a moment, he didn’t know what Ryser was saying ‘no’ to, exactly. Did he not want to go to the Tavern anymore?

Ryser’s solemn smile only made Gannon feel worse, but it was his friend next words that left him speechless. "You do have a right to ask. You've always had that right." He knew that on some level that he had a right to ask Ryser what was bothering him, but at the same time, no, it was Ryser’s business, not his. But it seemed that his friend felt otherwise. Lost in thought for a moment, Gannon nearly missed the way Ryser pressed his hand to his eye patched and grimaced in discomfort.

However, the moment was gone as quickly as it’d come and no sooner had he grimaced, did Ryser slide his hand to his cheek to scratch his face. His mumbled ‘sorry’ made Gannon smile softly. Shaking his head for a moment, he sighed, utterly defeated. “No need to apologize, Ry.” But he was glad that he had, it meant a lot…

“Just lean on me a bit more, okay? I’m not a frail as I look, I can handle whatever you throw at me.” He said with a small chuckle before lightly punching his friends upper arm. “Now lets go, it’s hot out here and I’m thirsty after that meat.” As Gannon made to move out into the crowd again, he spotted Lerato perusing the wares of a few of the venders nearby. Hazarding a wave at the Professor, Gannon smiled before looking back to Ryser. If he was ready to go, then so was Gannon.

═══════════════════╝

Pinkberry Blossoms

kurisuchin saiyuki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:00 pm
User Image
User Image
RYSERxcain

... lean on me... Ryser could hear his heart beat twice and for a moment, he could see her. However, her image disappeared as quickly as it came and all that was left was Gannon's smiling face as he lightly punched Ryser's arm. While Gannon was looking away, waving at someone Ryser couldn't see, Ryser was left with very lightly blushing cheeks and a very wide, golden eye. When Gannon turned back to Ryser and smiled, Ryser coughed into his fist to regain his composure.

"Y-Yeah. Let's go," he replied after stumbling over his words for a bit. Gannon strangely reminded him of Anora.

[EXIT, OOC - - - You can post first in the tavern!]

the_littlest_dragonfly

Pinkberry Blossoms
Captain

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:02 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxx
-Marilyn Monroe

Fayette gave the effeminate man a bit of a deadpanned stare as he continued to refuse to open up to her and talk to her at all about himself. It made her rather suspicious about him and his motives, even if he was a professor anyone who refused to talk about themselves like this meant they had things to hide from the world. Everyone had their secrets but when you dodged everything that was asked of you and you didn’t even have the curtesy to strike up a bit of conversation meant that there was something about you that someone shouldn’t trust. Fayette gave a drawn out hmm as she narrowed her eyes at the man who was gracefully making his way to where he wanted to go. Fayette suspected that he really didn’t want her company as he seemed to have no interest in what she had to say or pick up much in the way of conversation with him. She wasn’t sure what he was here for but she was getting easily distracted with the merchants and their wares around here. There were so many thing that she hadn’t seen in her little village before that she couldn’t help but investigate all the odd things like the seafood and imported crops from all the other villages that her own village had troubles growing. It was so fascinating to see such things that gave glimpses into how people lived and what their main diets were. If the light blue haired professor wasn’t paying much attention to her, he likely would have left her behind while she jumped from vendor to vendor and asking about the various things that she had never seen before. One the vendor’s was even night enough to pull a crab out of the water for her to tickle! Suddenly, Fayette had an urge to go to the ocean or find a nice big river to see if she could maybe connect with an undine and befriend one of those! She bet she could learn a lot from the little water fairies that lived in such places. Hopefully they were a little less grumpy than the one by the pond in her own town. If she learned anything from the experience it was that undines could be very temperamental if given the chance, they could be as calm as an undisturbed pond one moment before turning around and being as violent as a storm ridden ocean the next.

Thoughts: There are so many interesting things here! o 0 o
Feelings: Curious about the world outside of my own village!

Kingdom of Valor ➤ City

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces