Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Homeward Bound Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:47 pm
Joanna aimed a small smile at them - warm and a little worried - and then they headed upstairs.

With the door safely closed and locked, Abel sank down onto the bed with a heavy sigh. If he didn't have a drink in his hand, he probably would've flopped over backwards onto it, but as it was he did have a drink, so he took a sip of that instead. "Mmh. It could have been a lot better, but you're right, it could've been worse," he admitted with a breath of a laugh; it had no mirth in it. "Poetry like that would've definitely made it worse." Ugh, that poetry. The verses themselves weren't terrible really - or they were but a different sort of terrible, an acceptable terrible - but more the memory behind them was, how Zevran had come to learn those verses. It wasn't something he liked to think about.

With another sigh Abel frowned down at the glass in his hands, resting his knees on his elbows. "I just... Why's he have to be like that? Like.. like..." Like my feelings don't matter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:31 pm
"Mmmh." Zevran shuffled closer to Abel, wrapped an arm around his waist and leaned up to kiss his cheek. "Disrespectful? In thinking he knows your thoughts and feelings better than you do yourself...." No, even here alone he couldn't find the words to express himself properly. Zevran sighed and gave Abel's waist a squeeze. "I don't really know what to say." Honesty was a start, perhaps. "I'm sorry he is treating you like that. I," he cleared his throat, "I love you. And I know you love me. I know that doesn't help how he is behaving but...." Zevran trailed off again and shrugged, he had run out of words again. How did normal people navigate conversations like this?  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:04 pm
Abel sighed again and leaned into the affection his boyfriend offered him, then pressed a kiss to his forehead. "Something like that, I guess. I don't really know what to say either," he admitted and shrugged a bit, looking down into his glass again. Did he even want a drink anymore? Not really.

Zevran was trying to help though, even though situations like this weren't his strong point. He was trying though. "I do love you, with all my heart. His behavior won't change that, but I wish he'd just... accept it. He doesn't have to like it, it'd be nice if he did but he doesn't have to, I'd prefer that over.. whatever he's doing now." What, trying to convince him that he'd be happier with someone else? All because he'd rather see his son date a woman instead? Why did he have to be like that?...

"Ah. I'm sorry too, since his attitude affects you too," the taller blond said, removing one hand from his glass so he could wrap his freed arm around his love in return.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:11 pm
At least he wasn't alone in not being able to articulate what he thought and felt about this. Zevran smiled wryly at Abel and shrugged. "I suppose out of everything that's happened lately, everything on my mind, this is not so great a trial... But I wish this were easy." He'd said so before but it seemed to bear repeating today.

A nice girl.

Zevran took a sip of his drink and then set it aside in order to take Abel's hand. "I am very lucky," he said softly, squeezing Abel's fingers as he spoke and then raising his hand so that he could kiss his knuckles.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:22 pm
"Mmh, I suppose that's true," he admitted, a faint, wry smile curving his lips. In the grand scheme of things this wasn't really that monumental or dangerous or anything of the sort, but still. "I wish it were easy too."

But then his brow furrowed a bit in bemusement at the seemingly random statement, though he enjoyed the soft kiss to his knuckles. He laced his fingers through Zevran's. "What d'you mean?" He couldn't mean he was lucky in regards to Abel's father, surely. How was having their relationship dismissed lucky?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:57 pm
Zevran shrugged and squeezed Abel's fingers again. "Just to be with you, to have this at all. No matter what else is happening around us I have you, and you have me. I ah...." Zevran glanced down, smiling slightly and perhaps looking a tiny bit flushed. "I think about that quite a lot," he murmured.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:03 pm
Oh. Oh, that's what he meant.

Despite the argument he'd only just recently had with his father, a warm fuzzy feeling welled up in his chest and pushed a bright, somewhat shy smile onto his face. "I think about that a lot too." He squeezed Zev's hand gently and held him a little tighter, savoring feeling so close to him, just being here with him. He'd nearly died. Both of them nearly had, but Zev's brush with death had been much worse. "I'm glad for... a lot of things really, probably more than I can really put into words. But I love you, I'm glad to have you - and that you have me - and that you're here to have this. I don't ever want any of that to change." Was it selfish? Absolutely. But he had a sneaking suspicion Zevran felt the same, or at least similar.

Now if only his father could see it too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:48 am
Zevran looked back up at Abel and his slight smile shifted into a grin, though the expression was still a bit shy and uncertain. "This is ridiculous," he said with a throaty chuckle. "How did this happen to me? Sitting here in your family's beautiful home worrying about something so mundane as one man's disjointed nose. A year ago I would have laughed at the idea of being in love but now I would pluck the stars for the sky to see you smile. Daniel's attitude... it makes me furious, and I still worry about.... But," Zevran shook his head to clear out the unwelcome thoughts, "but none of that matters compared to what we have here."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:29 pm
Abel's expression morphed first into a warm smile and then into a pleased, rather doofy grin, and he hugged Zevran a little tighter. "Ahh, I love you. I'd move mountains to see you smile those sweet smiles of yours. You're right though," he added, his broad grin dimming to a happy smile, "what he thinks doesn't matter really. The only thing that matters is how I feel about you -- how we feel about each other."

He'd started to say something else though before, what was it? Curiosity got the better of him, so he pressed a fond kiss to his love's hair before peering down at him curiously. "What're you still worried about?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:53 pm
"Ah, true love, just like a fairytale," Zevran crinkled his nose at Abel. "Would you like to be the noble prince or the dashing rogue? I don't mind letting you pick. Alas the poor princess in this piece shall have to remain alone, or perhaps find love with her loyal maid? We can only hope."

Ah. Yes. Zevran sighed. "I had not meant to say that aloud," he admitted with a shake of his head. "As you have asked though, and told me I should speak of such things...." He didn't want to talk about it but talking was good, Abel always said so and sometimes he did feel better after sharing something. Sometimes. "I have been thinking about the two kids, the apprentices. You told me they escaped, but what kind of escape is returning to the Crows?" Zevran leaned his head on Abel's shoulder so that his hair would fall over his face and obscure his expression. "They do things to apprentices before they are allowed to graduate," he said flatly. "With their age it must have started already but it... it gets worse. Only the strongest can be allowed to take the mark of a house. Sitting here with you I... the contrast between what I have now and what they face is difficult to contemplate." It made him feel sick but there was nothing he could do about it.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:16 pm
"Oh, I think you'd make a much better dashing rogue than I ever could," the taller blond noted, chuckling a bit at the thought. "I don't know how noble or how much of a prince I am though."

Much as he wanted the conversation to stay light and flirtatious, it was infinitely more important to focus on the worries weighing on his boyfriend's mind. And this seemed like quite a heavy weight. Abel frowned thoughtfully, his thumb running light circles over Zevran's shoulder. He didn't miss the way he tilted his face down a little, to avoid showing his expression perhaps? Probably. "That's... yeah, they did escape, but... From everything you've told me, even before now, I can't help but think they'd have been better off not going back there." And now, knowing it'd be even worse for them... What sorts of things did they do to apprentices? Part of him wanted to know, but a much larger part of him wanted to remain ignorant. He had a sneaking suspicion knowing about it would only make him angry, because not only would that happen to the apprentices... Zevran would no doubt be speaking from experience.

Abel squeezed his boyfriend a little, almost protectively. "I can understand why it'd bother you, it's.. a bit of a difference between you and them, yeah." Oh yes, sitting here in his parents' warm, welcoming house, surrounded by people that cared about them... While the two apprentices would go back to much worse conditions. Briefly he debated saying 'it isn't your fault though' but that didn't seem like the right thing to say. Not that he knew what the right thing to say was, but it probably wasn't that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:25 pm
Zevran laughed but it was a hollow sound; how quickly his bubble of warm happiness had burst! The thoughts he had been trying to keep at bay flooded his mind and dragged unwelcome memories from the fore. "They would have been better off dead," he said tightly, closing his eyes and trying to press closer to Abel as he spoke. "That at least would have been fast, clean.... They looked so young." He had been that young once.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:38 pm
Abel wasted no time in lifting his free hand to Zevran's cheek, to pull him even closer and hold him tighter, more protectively. His words... well they stung; he'd been glad the apprentices had escaped with their lives, because they did look so young, but now... Would they really have been better off dying there? "I ah... I don't really know what to say," he admitted quietly, frowning thoughtfully and squeezing Zev's shoulder. He was glad they'd lived, he hadn't wanted them to die. He didn't want them to suffer either. It was starting to sound like he couldn't have both. ...why did things have to be this way? "They did look young... Why do the Crows have to do such terrible s**t like that to their own people?"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:04 pm
"Ah, we are both terrible with words today aren't we?" Zevran said with another dark laugh. "As for why? To be the best. If they cannot hone a tool into the shape they require why would they keep it? It is no different to what was done to them as children, they tell themselves it is a rite of passage and proof of strength. I did too. That's the funny thing don't you think? Every Crow suffers, those who survive and go on to thrive pass it on, and the cycle does not end... And the cycle makes Antiva one of the great powers of Thedas despite having no standing army. No nation trifles with our borders, for they know their leaders would pay with their lives if they did. If we did not have the Crows Antiva would probably soon be overtaken by Orlais, the dirty breathing cities I love smothered under gilt masks and... Ah... I am rambling. I miss Antiva. I wish I could show it to you."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:01 pm
"It seems that way," the taller blond noted with a quiet smile. But, to be the best... Abel's lips pressed together into a thin line, his brows furrowing a bit in mild frustration. "Well I can't really argue that it isn't effective, because it certainly sounds like it is. But..."

He trailed off, his expression growing more thoughtful. Zevran could never go back to Antiva, the other Crows would kill him if they knew.

But what if they didn't know?

"Maybe... you could show it to me sometime," he ventured, his tones pensive and uncertain as he felt his way through the train of thought. "If they ever looked for you again it would be here, not back in Antiva. And we could bring Sonia. I think we could probably manage something if you really want to go back and visit sometime."

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff