Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:14 am
Joanna beamed and bustled over to sit down on the side of the bed, then set the album in her lap as she spoke.

Her grin softened to a smile as she repeated herself, since he hadn't seemed to hear her the first time, "I said there's probably both! Mostly adorable though I think, these ones were taken before he could even really do anything too embarrassing." As she spoke she opened the album's cover to reveal a myriad of pictures, three on either side of a page, but she didn't spend very long on the first few pages. They showed a much younger, noticeably pregnant Joanna and a younger Daniel with brighter colored hair, as well as a young girl who couldn't have been more than five years old. Joanna hummed a little and flipped through a handful of pages before she paused with a triumphant 'aha!' "Alright, here we go!" So saying, she edged the album closer to Zevran so he could see better. The pictures had changed; she was thinner suddenly, and in nearly every picture was a newborn with wisps of blond hair and colorful eyes Zevran would find incredibly familiar.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:33 am
Zevran's gaze flicked quickly from photograph to photograph as Joanna turned through the first few pages. It was quite clear where the picture-book's story was heading but even so he found himself feeling almost surprised when the first picture of Abel appeared.

This photograph was more than twenty-seven years old.

The little image had been printed, and lovingly kept for the best part of three decades.

"That's Abel?" he heard himself ask; his mouth was quite good at filling in for his brain when it was slow on the uptake. Although he didn't actually need the confirmation Zevran looked up at Joanna again, a small smile curved his lips and his amber eyes were warm. "He was a cute baby, but both of you have grown lovelier with age!" When slightly in doubt flattery was often a good friend. How many pictures were in this album? All of them taken by somebody who loved Abel, who wanted to preserve a little moment in time forever. It was difficult to comprehend.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:45 am
"Yes it is," she affirmed, her voice and her smile growing wistful and a little distant, though she couldn't help but chuckle a bit. "Flatterer! But yes," she turned the page to reveal even more pictures of both her and Daniel holding their new baby, and even one of the young girl holding him too. In most of the pictures though she merely stood nearby, watching with her blue eyes wide with awe. A colorful Eevee even made an appearance in the last picture. She tapped the picture with the girl holding her newborn brother. "That's Alex, of course, she was five when Abel was born. And I'm sure you recognize Isaac! Maria was still an Eevee then too, I think she's in a couple pictures here and there. Mmh, that's Alex's Vaporeon, that is," she added as an afterthought, in case the name was unfamiliar to her company.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:58 am
Zevran nodded as Joanna pointed out the other people in the pictures; he had known Isaac and Alex had been quite obvious but he had forgotten the name of her then-Eevee. "Does it seem like a long time ago to you?" he asked, still smiling slightly but now looking perhaps more thoughtful than anything else. "Is it strange to look at these pictures, to remember him as a baby and compare that to who he has become?" ¿What had Joanna hoped for for her son - ¡he knew what Daniel had hoped for for him: a woman! - had she thought he might take on a respected profession such medicine, or that he would stay here on the ranch, something else?  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:18 pm
Joanna smiled wistfully down at the pictures again. "It does, and it doesn't at the same time. Sometimes it feels even longer, but other times it seems like just yesterday he - all of them - were so young and small. Time and memories are funny like that, I suppose," she mused aloud, chuckling a bit. His other question gave her only a brief pause before she shook her head a little and turned the page to reveal more baby pictures. "Not really, although that could be because I've had four kids now, and most of them are grown. One even has her own kids now," she huffed a little, good-naturedly, and glanced askance at Zevran. Only one of them had their own children -- so far.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:29 pm
Why was she looking at him like that? Did she think-? Oh! Oh no, no that was a very bad idea. Well he would just pretend he hadn't interpreted the glance, that sounded best. Children! Really? How would he know how to be a parent? How did he know he wouldn't hurt a child if he had one?

...Anyway.

Zevran gave a soft huff of amusement, his moment of introspection utterly concealed, and nodded. "I suppose you have had time and experience to get used to it, yes. Ah, that one is cute!" He pointed at one of the images where baby Abel was grinning and grinned back at the picture. "It feels strange to me," he added after a moment. Not so long ago he wouldn't have shared even such a nebulously personal detail with somebody he barely knew but he could trust Abel's mother couldn't he? Besides, he knew Abel had already told her that he didn't have a family of his own or any desire to discuss his past so it would hardly come as a shock to her that he was unfamiliar with little rituals like this.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:03 pm
With her Look given, Joanna chuckled a little and smiled down at the grinning baby as well. "Yes, I've had over thirty-five years of experience and time to get used to it in fact! And I love that one." A moment later she chuckled a bit more and went on, "Though that isn't saying much, since I love all of them."

As she flipped slowly through the pages, the pictures evolved to ones of the whole little family bundled up and out in the snow on the ranch. Joanna was more pensive though. "Mmh, Abel's told me that you didn't have any pictures like this to look back on," among other things, of course. A moment later she beamed at him and added, "That just means I'll just have to show you all of ours, hm? Show them to you, and maybe add pictures of you in here too. Oh yes, I have videos too! Would you like to see them sometime?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:42 pm
Zevran grinned in response to Joanna's bright expression. "You may take pictures of me but only if you get my good side." Still grinning he tilted his chin back and fore to show both sides of his face; he knew he was a rather too thin at present but his face still looked good even if his cheekbones were just a little more prominent than was ideal. "Can you guess which side that is?" he added with a wink once he had finished the little display.

"And yes, I definitely want to see videos!" Tiny Abel toddling around? Absurd! Unimaginable! Ridiculously cute!

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:04 pm
Joanna laughed at that, the sound bright and delighted. "I don't think I should comment on that, though I'm sure Abel could tell you without any trouble!" Her laughter subsided after another moment or two to simply chuckling. "I'll be more than happy to show you videos! Not tonight though, it's too late for that I think."

A little while later, after only going through maybe only half of the album's pages - the tiny newborn Abel had eventually grown to be around six months old and spring had come and gone into summer, the pictures interspersed with flowers and Alex in colorful summer dresses - eventually fully grown Abel returned after talking with his dad in the barn. Taavi and Aaron had already been sent out by his mother to avoid them overhearing any of her conversation earlier as well as whatever he said to Abel later, and for that the blond was rather grateful. Hearing idle chatter in the bedroom shouldn't have surprised him but it did, at least a bit, and he walked back into the room with an easy smile on his face and his thumbs hooked into his pockets. "What's this then?" He asked, his tones teasing gently even though he could easily see the photo album the two were still looking through. "Ahh, sharing embarrassing baby pictures of me, are you?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:12 pm
It was surreal. Abel was there growing up right in front of him. He could have looked through pictures all night, trying to drink in the details of his early life through them. There was so much love it was... it was just a lot to take in. A lot. He felt almost dazed by it all. Somebody had given little Abel some kind of pudding and he'd got it everywhere but nobody else in the picture seemed to be angry. He wasn't sure how he felt about that; happy, but odd.

When Abel walked back in Zevran greeted him with a slightly puzzled looking smile. "Cariño!" There followed a couple of rolling, cooing sentences in Spanish which Zevran then suffixed with; "You were a very cute baby."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:57 pm
Abel's smile broadened to a grin as he chuckled and sank down onto the bed beside his love, and wrapped his arm around him so he could give him a fond squeeze. "Aw, d'you think so?" As he asked, he leaned over to kiss Zevran's temple and to peek at the pictures on the page too. Joanna eagerly nudged the album closer to him - and further onto Zevran's lap - so he could see, and also so Zev could turn more pages if he wanted to.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:03 pm
When Abel sat down on the bed Zevran melted a little against his side and laced the fingers of their mutual free hands together, as Abel's other was busy wrapped around his waist and his own was now occupied with the album.

"See this?" Zevran gestured to the Pudding Picture. "Was that your artistic phase? Baby expresses the essentially chaotic nature of the universe by putting dessert in his ear?" He turned the page and cooed at another image. "Ah, you and Isaac!" The pair seemed to be taking a nap snuggled up close to one another. By that age Isaac must have been well aware of himself. Did he remember Abel as a baby? Perhaps he could ask Taavi to ask a bug to ask Isaac sometime.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:43 pm
Ahhh he'd never get tired of how eager Zevran always seemed to be close to him. The taller blond lifted their hands so he could press a soft kiss to Zev's knuckles, but his question caught him by surprise. "Wha--" He frowned a bit and squinted at the picture momentarily before laughing. "So I did get it in my ear! That sounds about right though, that's probably exactly what I was doing," he affirmed - as if a six month old had any earthly idea what they were doing - and chuckled as his colorful gaze roamed over the pictures. Seeing Isaac as an eevee again made him perk up a bit. "Ah, it is! He's always loved to sleep curled up against me somewhere, even when I was a baby I guess. Hell if I remember all the way back then though."

Joanna smiled warmly at the both of them before studying the pictures, though she made no move to turn the pages and instead let Zevran do so; she'd seen all of the pictures more times than she could count, as well as having experienced almost all of them or had been the one to take the pictures themselves, whereas this was his first time seeing any of them. She had no desire to rush him through it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:16 pm
"Growing up with pokemon around must have been fun," Zevran mused as he studied another picture, this one showing a few different pokemon in the background. "Oh, and Joanna tells me there are videos too!" Zevran smirked and glanced sideways at Abel. "I hope you are prepared to watch them with me, at length!" Was it normal to be so interested in other people's photographs and home videos? Perhaps not but he wasn't worried about being judged on this at least, in fact Joanna seemed quite delighted by it.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:05 pm
"Oh, it was," Abel affirmed readily, smiling down at the pictures. Then he returned the smirk along with a chuckle. "There are videos, I've seen them plenty of times before. But I suppose I can tolerate watching them one more time with you, if I have to," he finished with a weary, resigned sigh. As if he actually minded!

Eventually Joanna left the pair of them - mostly Zevran, really - to continue looking through the rest of the album at their leisure, and headed off to bed. Not too long after that came another knock at the bedroom door, this one after somewhat heavier footsteps that hinted it wasn't Joanna that came back to say good-night again. Abel hummed a little as he got up to open the door, and surprisingly probably no one, admitted his father into the room.

Daniel halted abruptly after entering the room and awkwardly rubbed a hand over the back of his neck. "I uh, I hope I'm not interrupting anything, or... anything."

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff