User Image

Tom Phillips stood backstage in front of Aleks Mason's locker room, with a microphone in hand and a camera crew nearby. He stood in position where you could see the name of the Universal Champion plastered on a door. Phillips was adjusting his tie when a producer saw Mason limping backstage. Tom Phillips quickly stood up, lifted the microphone to his chest, and looked into the camera lens as a producer counted him down, "And three.. two.. one!" The camera began rolling and Phillips began to speak as Mason walked towards his locker room. "I'm looking to have a word with the Universal Champion following his altercation with Samoa Joe here tonight.." Aleks Mason would walk into the frame, with medical staff surrounding him as he clutched the back of his neck. He looked like an absolute mess, no suit jacket, shirt all untucked and unbuttoned, and slugging the Universal belt with his free hand. Before Mason could open the door to his locker room, Tom Phillips would pop the question, "Aleks, can we have a bit of your time?" Aleks looked up at Phillips with disgust in his eyes, and looked at the lights and cameras. Mason stopped in his tracks and just looked at the interviewer, heavily breathing. "Aleks, after you said you wanted to wait until Money in the Bank, we saw you fall unconscious in the Coquina Clutch.. Where does this leave you on the road to Money in the Bank?" As Tom lifted the microphone closer to Mason, his face changed from disgust to an expression of offense. "Where does it leave me on the road to Money in the Bank? Are you kidding me? Were you watching the same thing program as everyone else? I was assaulted from behind! Samoa Joe had no right to come up to attack me! And he had absolutely NO RIGHT to put his hands on MY championship!" After a short pause by Mason, Tom would bring the microphone to his face again for a new question, "Do you feel any regret now for poking at the monster that is Samoa Joe? Do you feel like maybe you bit off more than you could chew? Aleks was in NO mood for questions like this. As soon as Tom stopped talking, he would drop his championship on the ground and grab the microphone. Meanwhile, he would grab Tom's collar of his suit jacket and pull him close in aggression. "Tom," he would say in a loud and violent manner as referees entered the scene asking Mason to release the interviewer. "Regret isn't in my vocabulary. I don't regret a single thing. If anyone has bit off more than he could chew it's that excuse for a professional wrestler Samoa Joe! He doesn't know what he's getting himself into! Up to tonight all it has been is a contest of words but at Money in the Bank its very simplified for imbeciles such as you and Joe. Its him.. and me.. in a 20 by 20 ring. It is MY ring! It is MY environment. And when it's for MY Universal Championship, I will do whatever it takes to walk out with my championship. Joe made a mistake putting his hands on me tonight! Because now I will guarantee that years will be shed off his life after what I do to him at Money in the Bank! You got that, Tom? It's not me who you should be asking about regret!" Mason would press the microphone into the chest of Tom Phillips and push him away. He would grab his title from the floor and push many referees away as he entered his locker room. Mason would slam the door shut, and the camera would zoom into his nameplate as the video faded to black.