Matt would be inside of a room backstage at an empty TNW:R event. He would be sitting across from play by play commentator, Michael Cole, who would be the one giving him questions and Matt would try his best to answer all of them legitimately, as much as he possibly could.

Michael Cole: "Ladies and gentleman, my guest at this time, Matt Allens.. .. So Matt, during your triple threat match against Finn Balor and Roman Reigns, there have been speculation that management as well as fellow workers aren't too pleased with your action in which had transpired in that ring during that match."

Matt: "Oh? and what might that be? because people aren't always pleased with me.. so it's no surprise. Regardless enough,
I'm not here to try and make friends, but only inflict pain.." Matt would say, getting comfortable as he would recline in his chair.

Michael Cole: "Well, what I'm referring to is the blatant illegal headbutt you've given Finn Balor sometime during the end of the match,
in which Finn may or may have not suffered a concussion, we aren't too sure yet. How're you feeling?"

Matt: "..How am I feeling? I don't know. I wanna say I'm hurt, but to be honest with you, Cole, I can't feel a damn thing..
and you wanna know why is that? because if we're being honest here, you would do the same thing if you were Matt Allens. Who is Matt Allens? me.
Who am I? a man that has been through everything in this business in such a short time. I've wrestled steel cage matches. I've been dropped on my head with piledrivers in out of the ring more than ten times, and YES, I've kept count. I've taken chair shots to the head on many occasions. I've wrestled a very, very dangerous Falls Count Anywhere match against a very,
very dangerous Samoa Joe.. and I've gotten my arm dislocated by Brock Lesnar.. the list of pain goes on. Let me ask you a question, Cole."

Michael Cole: "Sure."

Matt: "Do you think, the reason I confronted Brock Lesnar that night was because I was brave? because I was trying to make a statement? to be honest with you Cole, all the pain I've been through.. it had to be neutralized. Painkillers resulted into taking heavier substances..."

Michael Cole: "What do you mean?"

Matt Allens: "I'm on drugs, Michael. I have been, and I still am. Sleepless painful nights resulted in slow heart race and possible CTE, but I don't give a damn.. I bleed this business, and this business bleeds me, and I'll shed my blood to prove my loyalty.. that's why at Money in the Bank, you're gonna see me defy the odds and defeat all of these huge names, and you'll see this nameless nobody, become somebody.."

Matt would get up from his chair, as Michael Cole would have a very concerning look on his face, from the words that have transpired. Not only has Matt Allens delivered an illegal move during a wrestling match, but also just admitted to violating the wellness policy, and who knew what the future of Matt Allens carer had in store for him in terms of his well-being and how far he was truly willing to take his wrestling career.. Walking away, Matt was gone from the distance already.