SUMMER 2017: ...STAR STALLY CYOA! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your Little Phony
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:22 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

. ROUND 3: THE VERY MODEL OF A PHONY .
♥ Round 3 ends 11.59pm PST, 23rd August 2017 - you may revise your entry before the deadline.

He nods pleasantly, levitating the plate steadily this time, his smile warm rather than playful.
"It was fun meeting you, neighbour," the Phony bows a little, "I can't wait to learn more about you. I'm sure you'll fit in wonderfully."

He turns to leave, tail swaying, and briefly looks over his shoulder as he saunters away. Did he wink? You're not sure. It's hard to tell with a muzzle in the way.
"I'm having a party at my place this weekend, I hope you'll come? I'm thinking cheese and wine. You can bring the latter, or the former, depending on what kind of stallion you are."

gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star

With all the unpacking and cleaning, the weekend comes upon you.
There is a 'Welcome!' banner in pink and blue strung across his stable door, and the door is ajar in the way that indicates anyone can wander right in.
Considering what you've brought to the party, you're not quite sure just what kind of stallion you're trying to say you are...
On the other hoof, it seems there is no one here to judge besides Star.
He bustles up with delight, setting down a plate of cookies that look fancy and adult (which is to say there are a lot of nuts and the chocolate looks darker than usual).

"Isn't that a sight for sore eyes," he opines, not quite asking the question, "and look, you're here too!" His laugh is clear and bright.
"Let me see just what is it you have for me - I mean, us..."

WHAT DO YOU HAVE (AND WHAT DOES IT SAY ABOUT YOU?)
1. Wine
2. Cheese
3. Something else altogether

Fill in the form below with an RPed response, and post it in this guild thread!
♥ Do not book posts with just the choice you've made before you have an RP response ready. We will dock your score.
♥ There is no minimum or maximum word count to your post, but please make your post a reasonable length.

Quote:
ROUND 3: THE VERY MODEL OF A PHONY
THIS IS THE KIND OF STALLION I AM, FOR I BROUGHT: 1. Wine 2. Cheese 3. Something else altogether.
(Please delete whichever choice is not applicable.)

[ RP response here; remember you cannot dictate's Star's reactions! ]

[size=20][b]ROUND 3: THE VERY MODEL OF A PHONY[/b][/size]
[b]THIS IS THE KIND OF STALLION I AM, FOR I BROUGHT: 1. Wine 2. Cheese 3. Something else altogether. [/b]
(Please delete whichever choice is not applicable.)

[ RP response here; remember you cannot dictate's Star's reactions! ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:23 am
ROUND 3: START!
Scaramouche Fandango x
The Semblance of Unity x
elvyralani x
ex o ex Snoof
purplerosesbeauty x
Ruriska x
Fea Line x
thyPOPE
~Twilight...Angel~
zippedsiren
FrostyPeaches

Your Little Phony
Vice Captain

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:19 am
THIS IS THE KIND OF STALLION I AM, FOR I BROUGHT: 3. Something else altogether.

"I knew you were only using me for my goods, Star." Waterwing laughed, finding Star's own laugh infectious. "Where can I set these?" He had, in fact, brought both cheese and wine. A phony could never be too prepared. The cheese(s), for there were a couple of types, were cut into little wedges and stars and the wine was as pink and bubbly as Star's banner. He was quite dextrous when he needed to be - although why he'd felt he had needed to be over a cheese platter... well. Waterwing wondered what this said about him - perhaps too eager? No, he needed to stop second guessing himself, although he always felt a little more at home in the water than on land. Also, this was a party, which meant more phonies would be showing up and...

"Am I the first to arrive? You've got a lovely place."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:56 pm
THIS IS THE KIND OF STALLION I AM, FOR I BROUGHT: 1. Wine

A party. Fool's Gold was shaking at the thought of going, but he... he could not be rude to Star. Not at this point, when he was trying so hard to be friendly. Cheese and wine was something he could do. Wine. Wine was something he could do. A lot of wine. He carried his bottles of wine carefully in his saddlebags, and when he arrived, he put it down so he could speak to Star. "I hope you don't mind a red. That's what I prefer, anyway..." He also hoped he had enough wine? Not too much... He wasn't sure how exactly this was supposed to go. And what this meant for what sort of phony he was.

Looking down at the cookies, and the room, Fool's Gold quickly realized there was no one else here. "Am I early? I try to be punctual, of course, but..."  

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:27 pm
THIS IS THE KIND OF STALLION I AM, FOR I BROUGHT: 2. Cheese

Doppelganger spent a good few minutes glancing around the place before this whole situation started sinking in. Of course, after the wink and sauntering, Doppel had a fair idea of what the stallion was after but the sparkle flutter's mind was honestly else where at the time. It hand't quite fully sunk in.

Well now it had.

"I hope you don't mind... I wasn't sure which you'd like best so I brought... a spread." he mused, setting down his tray of cheeses carefully. Some were cut into cubes..or perhaps orbs. Others more clearly in the shape of ponies or even curious still... hearts. And not your typical commercial shaped heart, oh no. The real deal, molded right off the beating organ inside one's body. Or as close to one made out of cheese as you could get.

A strange grin had spread farther across his muzzle, seeming to be enjoying himself a bit too much.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:48 am

The banner was a nice touch, Dude Food decided as he dawdled his way up to the door and peeked within. Clearly Star was a guy who liked to make an effort and have a good time which made him the perfect friend to have. Or more than a friend, if he turned out to be that way inclined, which Dude Food would not complain about.

“Hey,” Dude Food greeted, once his host had bustled in, his gaze instantly falling to the plate of decadent cookies that awaited him. “It’s good to see you again - oh and Star as well, of course.” Two could play that game. He chuckled, lifting the teatowel to reveal a hot and steaming bowl of macaroni and cheese. “Cheese is great and all but figured I’d make it a bit more interesting.”

Dude Food sniffed, took in that wonderful smell of freshly cooked cheesy goodness. “My special recipe. Four kinds of cheese, my secret white sauce,” he grinned a little goofily, “homemade macaroni and a few extra special spices. You’ll love it.” He held it up for Star to inspect. “Can you take this off me? I’ve still got to grab the pork rissoles, raspberry trifles and the caramel macadamia cheesecake.”  

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

elvyralani

Fashionable Rabbit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:31 pm
THIS IS THE KIND OF STALLION I AM, FOR I BROUGHT: 2. Cheese

Overboard might have had a mild panic attack while thinking about the party once or twice before the weekend, in between unpacking of course. Seeing the welcome sign didn't help. Didn't Star make it sound like the party was already a thing and not about welcoming him to the neighborhood. Oh gosh.

He hadn't really ever been to a fancy party like this before. Wine and Cheese? Well he had heard that was a common pairing but wasn't sure what else to make of that. Overboard magiced the bag along with him into the house, he had brought cheese but had quickly bought a few blocks of cheddar, he didn't even cut it up and put it on a plate. Oh gosh was he early? This was really embarrassing.

The stallion coughed and shoved the bag of cheese forward hastily. "I uh, brought cheese. Sorry I didn't have time to er, cut it up properly."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:45 pm
THIS IS THE KIND OF STALLION I AM, FOR I BROUGHT: 3. Something else entirely.

Warp Nine had sat at the computer for well over an hour, getting completely lost in Whinnypedia. Turns out that when you had a free encyclopedia anyphony could edit, you ended up with... well, a lot of pages on food. Seemed like half the park worked in food services. He was learning so much- so very many things about grape-growing regions and types of bottling and cheese aging and milk choice and pasteurization- and the acquisition of knowledge was never a bad thing.

But three hours into the morning and the only thing he'd decided was that he wasn't going to bring wine. He wasn't much of a drinker himself, and he honestly couldn't make a judgement call on it. Cheese, however, was much more in his wheelhouse.

But could he really bring cheese? There were so many types to choose from, but if you were having a wine and cheese party and the wrong pairings were made... well, that could throw off the whole night. What if there were fine wines from Prance and he brought Neightalian cheese? (Seriously, who was editing this site?)

However, all of his research had led him to realize that you desperately needed other things for a wine and cheese party. He felt much better about these things, and so he found himself holding a rather darling wicker basket with a red and white checked napkin on top. It might not say that he was any good at following instructions- but it definitely showed off that he was darn good at choosing a napkin pattern.

"Thanks for having me!" Niner said, untucking the basket from where it was clenched under his wing. He followed Star into the kitchen, placing it gently on the table. "Sorry it's not quite what you expected! I was paralyzed by choice- you can't have cheese with the wrong wine and you can't have wine with the wrong cheese- but you need something solid that binds them and helps tie them together. So I went off the rails a bit and took a third option. I brought bread," he explained as he unwrapped his oh-so-crunchy, wafer-thin sliced baguette. "And some other things in here- there's sultanas and I bought a little prosciutto- I don't even know if you like prosciutto, but it's rather pretty, isn't it? Translucent, you can see the light right through it if you hold it up. Also, if you haven't any wine and you haven't any cheese, you can put it on the bread with the dried fruit and make a perfectly acceptable canapé." He nodded, satisfied with his explanation and hoping that Star would be satisfied with his offering. "So, this is a party, yeah? Do you need any help before the other guests get here? I can throw together a quick playlist if you need a DJ on the fly, or I can help clear space for coats or something. Anything you need, I'm your guy!" He smiled widely, trying to show how eager he was to be helpful. He really was quite grateful for the invitation; he certainly wanted to get to know this stallion better, and if he met some other neighbors too, well... he supposed that would be just dandy!  

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:03 am

The offer was far more appreciated than a sudden meetup when he was so ill prepared. Dangers Untold thanked the gregarious stallion and gave a bow of his head when he turned - the wink had not been lost on him.

He knew of just the thing to bring to such an occasion. Perhaps unorthodox in the standard world of wine and cheese, Danger was more inclined to make a lasting impression than perfectly match. Bubbles were more fun, a lighter color than the wine and a more pleasant flavor than any of the cheese that would be on display, Danger pulled the most aged and expensive bottle of rosé champagne he could for an influence of sweetness. Better yet, he assured himself as he stepped inside the welcoming abode, sparkling wine was notorious for brightening people up so it would be all the better in getting to know one another. Perhaps it would even lower Star's calculated guard, if there truly was one at all.

Empty as the home was, a curious smile returned to Danger just as Star rounded the corner. "That I am," he returned with a lift of his chin. Horn aglow while carrying the bottle, he set it beside the plate of cookies for further inspection. "It seemed more festive," he smiled as smoothly as the other unicorn, "and we do have quite a lot worth celebrating. My arrival, our fortuitous meeting, the neighbourhood..." His eyes flicked to the area around them and the silence that ensued. He was certainly not the first to arrive, fashionably late was his middle name and he had spent quite a lot of time showering and styling his mane. "Could it be that I've escaped the entourage? I'd hate to have missed other welcomes as warm as yours."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:26 pm

Centaur Fold walked in through the open door the so called party, holding a tray of appetizers he bought from the grocery store, "I hope you like finger foods."

The large stallion was too exhausted from his temp job to be bothered to actually cook something up for the party, cut cheese and too poor (he is a temp after all) to afford a fancy bottle of wine. After work, on his way over, he swung by an open grocery store and purchased a value platter with an assortment of cut vegetables and small bite sized morsels like mini quiche. Looking around at the empty party, he saw that it was just him and Star, "I hope I'm enough company for you until this party get's going."  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:00 pm

Peanut noticed that Star had also opened his door just a crack. Enough for him to peer into the neighbour's stable...

He shifted his saddlebag and slung it the front of his chest and walked on in. The tablecloth looked very fancy and he didn't want to dirty it ever."H-hello Star?" he whispered and spotted a shadowy figure in the distance. The shadow grew longer in the light and he knew the stallion was coming over towards him.

"Uh.. um.. H-hi, neighbour, I brought you a little s-something..." Nudging the flap over with his nose, his face dove into the bag and he took out...a tin of cat food...?

Worried, confused, and in shock, the earth stallion dropped the cat food onto the floor. There was a loud Thunk before it rolled off for a few seconds on its side before coming to a complete halt. W-where is my jar of p-peanuts?!

Face instantly flushing beet red, he let out a shy sheepish smile and spoke up. "I.. uh.. seem to have mixed up my bags. This...was n-not what i wanted t-to bring. I had a jar of homegrown p-peanuts...to go with the cheese and w-wine that you may have tonight..."

He watched Star put the plate of cookies down on the table. There weren't a lot of food put out and Peanut wondered if everypony else was going to bring something over to this welcoming party...

Picking up the tin of cat food off of the floor, he placed it onto the table at the very end, almost completely hidden behind the bottle of red wine...

"Uh maybe other guests will have interest in trying something fishy and jelly...." he laughed dryly, totally failing at making a joke. His eyes busily scanned the place for a couch or a fridge just so he could stick his face deep into it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:33 pm

That wink and that tone - wine and cheese? Hmm. - made it pretty clear, to Medalsome, that he and Star were on the same wavelength. Medal had promised dinner but he could tack some wine on, too. And the weekend was plenty of time to get settled before he needed to haul his meal over.

When the day finally came, Medalsome was definitely prepared. He'd called the fishmonger that morning to make a special delivery, and he was pleased as punch that it had arrived on time. He started his grooming by clicking on a lovely Marvin Gaye playlist to get himself in the mood for an intimate evening, and twirled into the kitchen to ensure that his own dish had been prepared adequately.

He'd gone with something luxurious but easy to prepare - a strawberry, fig, and arugula salad with an aged balsamic vinaigrette, arranged on a platter with a large roasted artichoke (lightly drizzled with olive oil, obviously) as a centerpiece. Of course, salads weren't really great for intermingling, as Medalsome was well aware, so he'd situated a large number of deliciously crisp crostinis around the border and added some elegant serving tongs. Beautiful.

He stuck the platter atop his cooler - a dark, stainless steel affair with gleaming gold accents, because his name was Medalsome, after all - and tucked his Sauvignon blanc under his arm. Time to wheel this over.

The banner was a little disappointingly family friendly - Medalsome had to admit he squinted at it, confounded, for a bit, before steeling himself for children and pushing through...to find a stable thankfully empty of children. Excellent. Just Medal and Star for mingling? Even more excellent, although he wouldn't really have minded a few more of those supposedly eligible stallions, on the off chance that Star wasn't interested.

Oh, and those cookies were certainly an acceptable upgrade. Medalsome inclined his head in a faux bow, wheeling the cooler closer for inspection. "I must thank you again for the invitation, Star," he said, setting the Sauvignon on the table before reaching back for the salad. "I'd promised dinner, but you asked for a wine...I think they'll pair excellently." He didn't acknowledge the slip besides a little wink - after all, he'd been angling for alone time, so why would he mind the current situation?

He placed the salad platter atop the counter, too, and then reached back to flip open his cooler dramatically. The top layer was a large collection of just-shucked raw oysters on the half shelf (he'd gone with mostly north Pacific varieties - it did seem like Star had a bit of a sweeter tooth, given, well, cookies) and a delicious mignonette, cocktail sauce, grated horseradish, and some lemon slices to accompany them. Perfect for feeding to each other - and, of course, like the rest of his menu, excellent for leading to something more. (The sauces were admittedly storebought, but with any luck the plating proved deceptive)

Underneath that was a Tupperware dish, which was seated on top of a wire rack, atop another platter. Ah, yes. The Tupperware contained Medalsome's favorite pesto, and the platter underneath carried a beautiful red bouquet of beef carpaccio. "This one will need some preparation," he admitted. "If you'll allow me?" He didn't actually wait for an answer, taking out a brush to smooth the pesto over the carpaccio, and drizzle on his olive oil. It certainly looked excellent.

Sure, his dinner was definitely mostly on the cooler side, and mostly didn't require any skill except for plating. Medalsome was a connoisseur in things that looked dazzling from the outside, after all. But they'd have other ways to warm up - especially given how many of these ingredients helped with...blood circulation.  

thyPOPE

Devoted Hoarder

Maxx D
Vice Captain

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:58 am
Just bleeding one person a round yay  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:00 am
cheese_whine dramallama  

Maxx D
Vice Captain

Garbage Cat

Maxx D
Vice Captain

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:01 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff