SUMMER 2017: ...STAR STALLY CYOA! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your Little Phony
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

. ROUND 5: STARCROSSED .
♥ Round 5 ends 11.59pm PST, 31st August 2017 - you may revise your entry before the deadline.

"Oh, you! You're too sweet. I like you terribly." He laughs and magics your glass away - just in time, you suddenly feel....woozy?
Suddenly you're very sleepy. So awfully sleepy. The weight of your Phony body seems unmanageable. Your legs slowly collapse.

"You've drunk too much. Or perhaps, just enough to stay."

gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star

He wasn't kidding, when he said he was moonshining. There is a vat and a distinct smell of ethanol.
You're comfortably situated on a couch with your legs tucked below you.
You release a distinct moan.

"You're awake," he trots up, a soft glow around a small cup. He tips the contents into your mouth - you cough from the burn.
"Oh sorry - that's probably not the best wake-up call. You were out for a while, dearest boy."

You stretch - or try to. As you start a hazy attempt to unfold your legs, you realise that they're...bound together. With rope.

"Are you trying to leave?" He asks, placing the cup of moonshine back on the table. Beyond them, silhouettes. You're not alone.
They look like Phonies, but are they - ?

"I would really love you to stay."

WHAT DO YOU DO?
FREEFORM ANSWERS!

Fill in the form below with an RPed response, and post it in this guild thread!
♥ Do not book posts with just the choice you've made before you have an RP response ready. We will dock your score.
♥ There is no minimum or maximum word count to your post, but please make your post a reasonable length.

Quote:
ROUND 5: STARCROSSED
WHAT DO YOU DO? FREEFORM ANSWER!

[ RP response here; remember you cannot dictate's Star's reactions, and you cannot tell for sure what those silhouettes are! ]

[size=20][b]ROUND 5: STARCROSSED[/b][/size]
[b]WHAT DO YOU DO? FREEFORM ANSWER![/b]

[ RP response here; remember you cannot dictate's Star's reactions, and you cannot tell for sure what those silhouettes are! ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:11 am
ROUND 5: START!
Scaramouche Fandango x
The Semblance of Unity x
elvyralani x
purplerosesbeauty x
Ruriska x
Fea Line x
thyPOPE
zippedsiren
FrostyPeaches

Your Little Phony
Vice Captain

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:13 pm

Well. This was bucking bizarre. A million thoughts raced through Warp Nine's head- how do you even settle on something to say in this situation? He always thought he'd scream in a situation like this, but the brain fog from... whatever had been in that wine was messing with him something fierce. His thoughts were fleeting, but the real world seemed to move slowly. He flexed at the rope, wondering several things (why of course being at the forefront.

But instead of doing something heroic or even in the slightest in response to his instincts for self-preservation, all he could do was laugh nervously. "How's the joke go, you didn't even buy me dinner first? Cheese and wine, I suppose, but is that really dinner? When I said I wanted to see your apparatus, I meant the still. Not your uh. Rope collection."

He tried to think of something else to say. Could he logic his way out of this? Probably not. He wasn't a unicorn, so he couldn't just use magic to untie the ropes. He wasn't exactly strong, so he wasn't just going to hulk out and snap them. He didn't have thumbs, so untying them with anything but his teeth would be next to impossible, and if Star was planning something awful, he'd notice and stop him. Struggling hurt- turns out that even with fur, rope burn's still a thing- and saving his energy seemed to be the only smart thing to do- maybe he could flail and hit something tender if the other stallion got too close.

But this whole thing was just so weird. Totally out of left field- he'd not expected anything like this. He'd been hanging out with Star for a month now and he honestly hadn't seemed creepy. But then, if he did seem creepy and he was a serial killer, he'd probably have been caught by now, right? His cutie mark was a star, not an axe or chainsaw or ice pick or whatever else serial killers used. But again, wouldn't a serial killer with a cutie mark like that already have been caught?

He looked around, trying to suss out more about his surroundings and desperately hoping he wasn't going to see copies of the Style section on the floor or hear the intro to Hip to be Square. The darkness of the basement really didn't divulge anything new, despite his desperate attempts to blink the grogginess out of his eyes.

"I'm going to hope those are mannequins. Like actual "I bought these at a store and the store doesn't sell taxidermy" mannequins. Because I'm down for playing dress up if that's what you wanted, you didn't have to tie me up. You could have- no, you should have asked first."

Despite everything, he still wasn't entirely sure that this was how it ended. His life, not the friendship- if this wasn't what it seemed, they were going to have a serious talk about the differences between good and bad surprises. It all seemed just... too stereotypical. Creepy basement? Tied up with rope? Attacking someone you met on social media? There was no way the stallion he'd been talking to would be so... gauche.

At least, that's what he hoped. Even if he was a biological construct held together with nanites and something akin to a soul, he really, really didn't want to die. He hoped against hope that this was just some kind of truly weird game that ended in good times and laughs for the both of them. Otherwise he was going to have to spend the next few moments crying- and not stoic, dignified, brave tears. He wasn't a brave phony, not really- no, this would be blubbery, ugly crying. Because, you know. Serial killer.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:29 am

Fool's Gold woke in a daze. By the time he had fully come to his senses, he was shaking. With fear, rage, and shame. Of course it would end this way. He hadn't really expected things to go well with his handsome stallion, had he? He wished now, that he had that armor... or something. Someone. To be protected. But now, Mr. Gold was tied up in someone's basement, vague, unsettling figures in the shadows. Terrified. He sputtered on the harsh moonshine, rough and strongly alcoholic compared to the earlier wine.

There was no way for him to escape. He was weak, frail, thin of limb and brittle in a way that made even just everyday life a sort of struggle. He was an accountant for god's sake, not a bodybuilder or anything. And not magical, or with wings, or anything. The ropes held him tightly, digging into his body. Mr. Gold's sparkling eyes were dull as he looked up at Star.

"I... I w-w-would have st-stayed... if you asked me to..." he whispered, unsure of what else to say. If he begged for his life, what was even the purpose? To run back to his own stable with his tail tucked between his legs? To a friendless, loveless life? He wasn't sure what he was supposed to do in a situation like this.

Maybe giving in was easier. "Wh-what do you want with me... anyway?" he asked, shaking his head. He needed to demand some answers. If he was gonna die anyway or something, he might as well know what he did wrong, what made his pathetic life deserve something like this. "Why did you tie me up?"  

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

elvyralani

Fashionable Rabbit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Unfortunately for Overboard when he awoke his mind went in to over drive. He knew this was too good to be true. The perfect house he had moved into, the perfect neighborhood, the perfect neighbors, all of it. Of course when he had tried to make for the bathroom to call the police he'd passed out, the wine was totally drugged, and this all confirmed his suspicion. Confirmed it too late for him though.

Overboard would try to play it cool, yeah, that would totally work. "I uh, sorry, can't contain my alcohol I guess, that stuff was strong."

His eyes go wide has he tried to get up but couldn't, he looked down and saw that he was tied up. Um what. Also apparently the idea of using his magic to untie the ropes completely didn't cross his mind. And forget playing it cool, this was too freaky. "What's going on, why am I tied up, please just let me go!" Overboard struggled against the ropes.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:11 pm

Doppel coughed again and squinted as his eyes tried to adjust to the blur he was seeing. Were those really other phonies? Did that one have...arms....??

Shaking his head somewhat furiously, Doppel tried to play it cool. "You know... if I had known you were this kind of stallion I would have brought....other things." he chuckled, trying again to move his legs but still they wouldn't budge. His wings tittered lazily on his back almost as if they themselves were drunk as well. He groaned slightly, wishing he could press his hooves into his temples but he did his best to remain calm and collected. "I promise I'll stay if you just untie me. I can show you a whole new level of fun you've never seen before." he said again, trying to find the familiar blurry figure and toss Star a charming smile. Though it felt like his face wasn't quite cooperating with his brain.

Man, He knew this whole moving/online dating app whatever thing was a stupid idea! He should have just stayed with H.B. in the morgue... or hell, even had some of those crappy cardboard cookies with Wild Flour...  

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:45 am

As soon as he woke up, Dude Food wanted to be asleep again. His eyes dropped heavily, thoughts moving sluggishly. He’d never thought himself to be a lightweight, a wine with dinner was always nice and beer was the perfect compliment to a bucket of fried chicken, so whatever he’d drunk must have had quite the punch.

He was grateful for Star’s arrival, not so grateful for the drink tipped down his throat that he’d at first presumed would be water. He spluttered, swallowing it down with a grimace. “Thanks, I think,” he muttered.

Dude Food wished the night had gone a little smoother. After all the wining and dining, he’d had high hopes that maybe they could take it to the next step and - wait a moment. Dude Food tried to stretch his legs again, the earlier unconscious act halted by - rope? Yes, rope tied around his legs.

Well that was weird.

Dude Food focused on Star properly with the beginnings of a very slow frown. There wasn’t any fear yet, just a growing confusion and annoyance. “I wasn’t trying to go anywhere,” he said, each word rolling out in a slow drawl, “but I’m sure thinking about it now.” He looked past Star towards the strange silhouettes and then looked away before they became too alarming.

He cleared his throat, his disapproving stare only an echo of what his mother was capable of but effective enough. “I think we need to have a little talk about consent, buddy.”  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:38 am

Waterwing woke slowly, reminded of a time when he'd dived too deeply and how the pressure had begun to push in on his body. He'd seen stars, felt the squeeze of water around him like a deadly embrace. He had almost drowned. Blinking slowly, he watched as Star approached, tipping his head up obediently, even when the drink burned. It made his head a hair clearer and his eyes fluttered a bit before opening fully. He stretched, feeling the pull of being bound and looking down. Huh. For some reason, panic never did set in.

Star wanted him enough in some capacity to drug him and bind him. Logic dictated that Waterwing should flail, try to free himself - were those other phonies? - call the police, live another day. But lately, the only bright spots in his life had been, well, Star. Like some kind of Polaris, he'd guided himself by the days they'd hung out. Was it any wonder he'd tried to kiss him? It bothered Waterwing just a bit that he couldn't remember if he had kissed him or not. He opened his mouth to speak, voice feeling rusty and disused.

"I wasn't g-" His words caught on the jagged dryness in his throat. "Going to leave you, Star. Why would you think that? Is someone else here?" This was the part in movies where the protagonist died. Or some hero came busting through. He wasn't sure why his mind immediately raced towards murder (probably because of his legs being bound), but it was where he arrived. And, once arrived, he settled down into the thought like a familiar jacket, worn in the elbows, soft and warm. Waterwing breathed deeply, focusing as much as he could on Star. It was just so hard to see. Dying wouldn't be so bad; maybe Star would preserve him like in those romantic movies. Maybe they'd be together. Words swam through his head. 'Occasionally I drop a teacup to shatter on the floor, on purpose. I’m not satisfied when it doesn’t gather itself up again. Someday, perhaps a cup will come together.' He could be as frail as glass for Star.

Maybe, he thought fuzzily, this is all he ever wanted for himself. For both of them. Wasn't it beautiful?  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:17 am

Centaur Fold slowly awakened, assuming he was in comfort following a night of bless. Except, he didn't really remember what happened last night. The stallion tried to wipe the sleep from his eyes with his manly hands. Yet he could not move, his limbs (including the extra ones) were bound.

As his eyes started to adjust, he took in his surrounding of the dim basement. The hunter had become the hunted! Cent was just another trophy in the basement. Oddly, he somehow appreciates it. "Love is a dangerous game, perhaps the most dangerous and I concede. You've won this studdly body to add to your collection."

As Centaur Fold talked , he chuckled a bit of how silly the turn of situations arises. He was sure that if the night had gone differently it would have been him tying up Star; fingers were certainly helpful to have for those types of games. Perhaps, if he could just reach and cooly seduce his captor the tables could turn again.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:09 pm

What is happening?! Peanut freaked before feeling his whole body start to fall to the right being pulled and everything infront of him started to turn blurry and jagged.. One moment ago he was just fine. And now? He felt emberassed for being such a weak phony that can't take in more than a small glass of wine. "If you like me liike you say you do, please carry me to bed!" he yawned, and felt himself fall to the ground in a daze and then blackness hit him...

When he opened his eyes, he realised that he was brought to a room somewhere in the neighbour's stable. "S-star, w-where am i?" he asked sleepily, as he felt something cold being poured into his mouth. He swallowed and felt the intense burning aftertaste. Vodka? No.. No this was much stronger. "Star, i doubt i can be more drunk than i already am... the liquid burns but i can't taste what i am drinking anymore.. honest.."

the earth stallion wanted to stand up and lean into Star to go out and get some fresh air but felt the thick rope tied all around him. He looked ahead, still drunk, and thought he saw the other Phonies just at the end of the room, as if staring back at him, watching him. "Are the other neighbours still with us?" He just couldn't tell anymore. Squinting his eyes hurts his head. He moaned and didn't like this queezy feeling in his stomach. His legs were tied, lacking strength to break free anyway, so he didn't even bother to try and move and remained resting on the couch.

"..... " Peanut didn't know what to say next.

"....."

For a while, Peanut sat there on the couch just thinking back about the Studbook with the silly random questions.

"....."

"is..this.. your ideal date....??" he finally asked. "mine is to stay indoors to cuddle closely while eating fancy pasta or pizza..but this..this whatever you're doing.. it feels...strange......" he babbled on, wishing he could get some fresh air. "if i have to rate this date, it won't even get 5 stars.. seriously.. you won't even let me be outside..."

There was a slight pause before the alcohol in him spoke out again. "Y-you said it so many timess.. You. want. me. to. stay....... Have you always been alone? You scared I won't come back to visit...?"

Peanut giggled on the couch and hiccuped. he had no idea how much alcohol he had before he blacked out and woke up to this weirdness.

"Star.. this is the worst way to ask me out." He looked at Star with his head tilted, his back legs slightly flailing to show the uni that they were still tied. "What's your favourite movie genre?"  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

thyPOPE

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:39 pm

[ They'd caught up to him.

Who? Well, Medalsome wasn't sure. He hadn't thought he'd...recognized Star. Sure, he'd had a lot of phonies in his bed, but he remembered the attractive ones. Star was attractive. "Who do you...work for?" he slurred.

s**t. What had been in that wine? What was going on? He tried to adjust his limbs - tied, of course; that made a lot of sense. He hadn't - well, of course he'd found Star's placid ways pretty ******** weird, but he hadn't thought they were Medalsome's kind of weird. He was so...fluffy, in Medal's mind. Well, and then there were the times where it looked like he was catching on, but ended up ignoring it...but he'd thought the guy was a narc, not...this.

Ugh. Well, it didn't matter. Maybe Medal should have noticed something, but he hadn't. And...who were those? Star's allies? They were closing in. Star was still being...surprisingly affectionate. He sounded like someone who was in charge, actually - he was so unconcerned all the time, and it'd maybe explain the not having seen him before. Medalsome was pretty sure that these kinds of people liked to stay hidden and let others do the dirty work for them. Probably he'd accidentally ******** up a big underling's bet by taking a championship, or something. Wait, what was the guy even saying? Was this...an offer? He squinted. "I don't do anything," he said. Wait. s**t. That made it obvious that he did things. Amateur move, Medal! Well: "Nothing that could help...someone like you," he added, nodding. He sabotaged competitors and bribed judges; he didn't deal in...businesses or mafias or whatever. This was a kind of mafia thing, right? It was just like one of those movies. Eerily like one, in fact.

But all Medalsome did was ensure that competitions turned out the way he wanted them to - he wasn't...useful. What was going on? Blech, that moonshine was quite a bit stronger than the wine had been. Oh, right. A moonshine contest, maybe? That could maybe explain it, although Star should've realized that Medal didn't really need to be extorted into cheating, at any time. "Or - you have to know I'm into you, babe. You could just...it's not like I don't do favors for my arm candy." Even if usually it was just to show off.

He rolled his body onto its side, to face Star just a little better. "Come on - what's going on here? You know I'm right next door." He could've said it plainly - if Star was any kind of mastermind, he had to have been picking up what Medal had put down, at least in his Studbook. "Come on, get me out of these and we can talk...and maybe we'll try some more later," he added, leering, at the end. ]  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:33 am

. CONCLUSION: STARSTRUCK .
"What a mouth on you," he muses, eyes full of - what seems to be tenderness, but right now you're not sure.
You're especially unsure as he rises on his hind legs, his unicorn's glow now effortlessly lifting a sledgehammer.
"All right, we can go for a quick blow. Then, we can preserve this moment."

A tinkling laugh. The ethanol in the air seems to permeate your core.
You're wide awake.

"I'd love you to stay for much longer."

With the ominous magic glow, you can now see the figures beyond the table:
they are Phony-shaped, it's true, but poorly put together. Patchy fur.
Bulges here and there in the wrong place. Misshapen limbs.
You can even see the mannequin base for some of them, and some of them, more worrisomely, not.
Some of them looked rather close to Phony.

You pause, looking between the...things, and the sledgehammer, and decide to make a break for it.

"STA -" his clear voice soars to a new high, and suddenly -

- suddenly -

- the last of the word shudders in his fine mouth.

The sledgehammer falls before he does, and it makes much more of a crash, but your eyes are drawn to the limp Phony.
His brilliant eyes are dim. Your mouth is dry.

"Oh f gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star ," comes from the top of the stairs.
"After all this time - I can't believe we've had to use the killswitch."

A yellow Phony takes a few steps before deciding to fly down the stairs.
He's prodding what-was Star. "Oh b gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star s. He was such a looker too. Maybe if we grind him down, start him all over from pack -"

He looks up at you. You scoot back a little, because that just seemed too convenient.

"You're gonna - " he waves a hoof. "You're gonna have to forget about all of this. But you will. Nanites, you know? Can't trust them."

And he laughs.

His laugh is nothing like Star's was, but maybe that's a good thing.

You can't remember how his laugh sounds like now, actually.

gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star

When you're relaxing on the outskirts of the stables, nothing really bothers you.
You're not sure why you wanted to move closer to the city all that much.
After all, from here, you can see the stars.

Your Little Phony
Vice Captain

Your Little Phony
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:41 am
CYOA ENDED!
Well done: you've made it to the end of Summer Stallies' CYOA with no permanent damage!
Phew! That could have been traumatic if they'd remembered anything!
Please be patient with us while we sort out the final scores.

Thank you so much for playing, and for your amazing, hilarious posts!

Scaramouche Fandango
The Semblance of Unity
elvyralani
purplerosesbeauty
Ruriska
Fea Line
thyPOPE
zippedsiren
FrostyPeaches

Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items