[Writing] What's Your Story?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noah Fence - Realtor
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What's Your Story?

With all these villagers coming to Big City, there's gotta be something interesting behind at least some of 'em, right? This is your chance to give us the gossip! Did they move from somewhere else? Are they here on business or pleasure? Or were they, maybe, wished here? We wanna know, so you tell us - in 500 words or less - and at the end of the event, we'll pick our favorite entries to win!

As with every game, please be sure you're aware of our rules! In addition, you may only win one villager from any single game.

Entry code:

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Villager you're writing about:[/b]
[b]Preferences:[/b]
[b]Story:[/b]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:15 pm
Username: Lady Angel Heart
Villager you're writing about: Majesty
Preferences: Majesty

Story:

Majesty comes from a small town called Cherry, which was odd since the town fruit was oranges. It wasn’t the nicest place to live. The town was constantly covered in weeds and it was a chore trying to keep any flowers alive. At one time they had a mayor but no one knows what happened to them. Majesty’s dream ever since she arrived in Cherry had been to be a fashion designer. This dream however was basically impossible since the local tailors wouldn’t accept any of her designs and any new clothes she tried to give to her neighbors ended up in the thrift store. You’d think with how often neighbors moved in and out of the town that she would’ve met someone likeminded, but most of the people tended to be jocks, or very grumpy.

The final straw for Majesty was when her birthday rolled around. She had posted a notice on the bulletin board and sent out invitations; she even prepared her home for the party. No one came. The next day she went to the accessory shop next to the tailor to buy herself a new scarf in hopes that would make her less glum. The shopkeeper Labelle seemed to be the only person in the entire town who had any taste, or style for that matter. Usually Labelle wore a cute checkered orange scarf, but today was different. Today, Labelle was wearing a super stylish blue scarf with orange spots and green rings. Majesty needed to know where she got this magnificent scarf! Come to find out, Labelle had once worked for a famous fashion designer named Gracie who lived in the Big City. If there was a fashion designer in the city, Majesty needed to meet her! So that night Majesty announced she would be moving. When no one asked her to stay, she packed up her things and took the train to the Big City.

As soon as Majesty got moved in, she made a beeline for the store Labelle had told her of; GracieGrace. It was even more amazing than she had imagined. The future was high class and clothing pieces were the finest stitched she’d ever seen. And then she saw it, a white satin scarf with black flower prints! As she was admiring the piece, a stylish giraffe approached her. “You obviously know quality when you see it." “We happen to be having a sale, so I can sell it to you for say 96,000 bells?” Majesty’s heart sunk when she heard the price, there was no way she could afford it. The women seemed to notice this and spoke once more. “Well if you can’t afford it, I suppose I could let you have it, on one condition, you work for me” “My name is Gracie Grace, world renowned fashion designer, and I am in need of a new assistant.” Majesty was speechless. She accepted the position and the scarf. Now she gets to live her dream everyday.  

Lady Angel Heart

Distinct Shopper

10,650 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:36 pm
Username: Chibi_Kokoro143
Villager you're writing about: Light Heart
Preferences: Light Heart, Majesty, Twilight Sparkle
Story:
Light Heart came from a big town named Skydrop. She was there from the very beginning, when their mayor first came in and made the tower grow. Yet she saw her friends come and gone as the quiet town life turned to a busy and high rich life and soon...she felt like a stranger. Even her mayor seemed to like the new villagers more, though she knows her mayor tries and she is happy for them. It wasn't enough for her though, yet she had no idea what to do.

One night, she was taking a break outside Club LOL. It was the Mayor's birthday party and other friends (fellow mayors) came to celebrate. Light Heart took a walk towards the other side of the shopping strip, where all the shops have closed down for the night. She spotted the bench that looks out towards the ocean, sat down and, closing her eyes, she felt the cool breeze wash over her. Then right then and there, something within Light Heart told her to look up. As she did, her eyes widen at the sight of a shooting star. Her heard whipped around, trying to keep track of the star, even soon after it disappeared. With the train horn sounding at it's arrival. She knew what she had to do.

With a heavy heart, Light Heart waited for her mayor to visit and say her final good-bye. As much as she wanted to stay, she knew her mayor has grown up and no longer needed her. She took her bag and hopped on to the train. Following the direction of the shooting star, she traveled town to town, trying to follow the feeling inside her. It was when she got off the train that the very feeling inside her settled down.

Light Heart's last stop was Big Town, her new home.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:35 pm
Username: Ishtadaal
Villager you're writing about: Light Heart
Preferences: Light Heart or bust, man.
Story: Frownadown was named for the way they appeared into the world– upside down, with a frown so wicked on their maw that it seemed like a smile. 'Turn that frown upside down' was a joke that was cracked at him repeatedly– such that when he finally got his bearings, he decided to do exactly that. With one well-placed rope trap, one that had the village grump suspended upside down over town square cackling in spite of himself, the newly-realized lindworm had found his life's purpose, and from that point on, he dedicated himself to the pursuit of his art.

A lifetime of being the lighthearted village prankster tends to lead everyone to expect the worst of you. Specifically, the best of the worst. It's all the pressure to perform and none of the respect, all the enjoyment of one's successes and all the ire at one's flops. A lifetime of hard work and constant creativity was never enough to satisfy the other residents who lived in Asleepy Hamlet
in Somewhere Else, and the weeks and years of childish clowning eventually saw the role of Class Clown eventually give way to something that felt far more like "Village Idiot".

This role was a far harder one to live with than the previous one– and even harder to shuck. After a time, the soft-hearted serpent made a decision– it was time to move onto something new, something bigger.

How big? The biggest. Only the biggest would do. A place so vast that he could prank someone every day for the rest of his life and never run out of people to surprise and delight, and would never make any one Animal feel scapegoated (except maybe that goat he manscaped). A place where, if he got tired of his reputation following, he could throw on something different to wear, catch a short bus ride and blend perfectly into the crowd, his reputation not preceding him.

Who knows? Maybe he'll take up a business selling home security systems... or curating youtube videos of the world's longest Rube Goldberg Contraptions. All he knows is that in a place that Big that he'll certainly find someone to keep laughing...

...and maybe, someday, someone to make him laugh.  

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Glass Pomegranates

O.G. Trash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:23 pm
Username: Glass Pomegranates
Villager you're writing about: Twilight Sparkle
Preferences: Light heart, Twilight Sparkle, Majesty
Story:

The owl...suddenly appeared one day. They said nothing as they slammed into the ground and stood patiently until the dust settled. On one wing, they carried a small white briefcase, and the other was holding a coffee. The owl looked around, took a sip, and held out a business card.

“My name is Walter Alforn, CRO of Feathers and Dust.” The owl took another sip, before pushing past the other villagers.

-

The villagers soon learned that Walter Alforn was from a town that was entirely industrial. It was made of high rises and steel buildings both small and large. Everyone owned a briefcase and they all shopped at the same Small & Round. There were twenty five of the same Starfeathers and apparently all the workers were Penguins.

The also learned that Walter was here on business. He was forced to the Big City because he was the only worker in his entire company that forgot to take a vacation and they wanted him to have a good time.

They also learned that Walter brought some of Starfeathers prized plum candies, Plumkins. They were tiny purple candies made to look like pumpkins, and they were amazing.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:55 pm
Username: RuddyPup
Villager you're writing about: Majesty
Preferences: Majesty, Light Heart, Twilight Sparkle
Story:

BEEP

Oh…did it…did that beep mean it’s on? Oh…my, uhm. Hello. This is…this is Whoopsie-Daisy. I’m s-sorry I can’t come to the phone...well, I’m at the phone now, but I probably won’t be when you call. Not that I don’t want to speak with you! Things are just a little hectic right now. I’m so sorry! It would probably be best to send me a letter. I have my forwarding address all set up. Hmm…which is probably why I haven’t gotten any letters recently?

Anyway, uhm…yes. So, I’ve been told that…that getting out and experiencing new things can do wonders for a villager’s self-esteem and…and that I’ve been in a rut. And how can I ever expect to…find my place in this world if I don’t go out there and look for it? So, I’m moving to Big City. There is so much to see and do there, and so many…people.

Too be honest, I’m a little nervous. I…worry. You know I do. And I don’t…w-want to mess anything up. Again. I’d really just like a fresh start.

Oh my, I’ve been talking for a while now. I-I’m rambling; this will probably cut off any minute! I’m so sorry! But yes, please send me a letter and I’ll get back to you as soo...”

BEEEEEEEEEEEEP  

RuddyPup

Random Nobody 13

Lupine Superfan

13,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:39 pm
Username: Random Nobody 13
Villager you're writing about: Twilight Sparkle
Preferences: Twilight Sparkle, Majesty
Story:

The village she came from, Swiftrest, was small. Quaint. There were never more than ten people in the area she lived in, so everyone knew everyone else's business. Her closest neighbor snored and had trouble getting out of the house. The next closest was a busybody who got into everyone's business. She had lived in town for six months and finally decided enough was enough. There just weren't enough people in town, wasn't even a decent library to find a good book. The closet bookstore was two towns over. So she'd packed up all her things while the mayor was out on vacation and left town on the first train of the day. Sure, it might have been a bit cowardly, but she didn't want anyone to convince her to stay.

Big City was supposed to be where everyone could find something for them. So that's just where she would go. Twila thought she had relatives there. Hoped she did. She could crash at their house for a bit, find a job at a bookstore or library, and then get her own place. It would be fun, exciting even. And, best of all, there would be so many more villagers. It would be a breath of fresh air to not know everyone's habits quite so well. It was one thing to know that about your friends, but people you didn't even like? Uck.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:01 am
Random Nobody 13

Ishtadaal

RuddyPup

Congratulations, we've chosen your entries as winners! Look out for prize drops soon~  

Noah Fence - Realtor
Captain

Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces