Bubblehead0987654321
Vice Captain

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:38 pm
So our school is participating in this PBIS program that uses "positive reinforcement" for students that do good deeds/tasks, as long as the teachers see. Something like saying please/thank you to everyone, pardon me, pushing in chairs, helping anyone in the school, really anything nice we will get "quaker cash" which we can throw in this box that could get us prizes. They literally had 6, 30 minute training sessions to teach us how to walk in the hallways, get on and off buses, how to act in the bathrooms, how to act in the cafeteria, how to use our laptops properly/no cyberbullying, and something else that I forget. They're doing the exact same stuff in the elementary school.

I already have 1 quaker cash. It's the fight for the quaker cash. Some people are trying to see if they can start a black market for quaker cash. This will get interesting. rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:11 pm
I would love to support a black market for that. the way you are describing things its like a monetized version of how they do things in Japanese schools, only in japan they do it because responsibility.

also what are the prizes? jolly ranchers or something just as valuable?  

sgt.Frosty

Scrap Metal 2.0
Vice Captain

Greedy Genius

10,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:57 am
You see kids, going a good deed for its own merits is pointless.
It only matters if someone sees you do it. What a great life lesson.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:02 pm
sgt.Frosty
I would love to support a black market for that. the way you are describing things its like a monetized version of how they do things in Japanese schools, only in japan they do it because responsibility.

also what are the prizes? jolly ranchers or something just as valuable?

If only we knew. If only the teachers knew. We've gave them suggestions, like gift cards or even a homework free pass, but they don't know. We were also told not to expect anything big (like $5 might be the most for a gift card). They don't even know when they'll pull them so.

And while we were doing trainings we were told multiple times "We know it's not your grade but we still have to go through this." Most of the kids that were terrible last year went to a vocational school (Vo-Tech) so they're not here anymore. It's practically useless as we just make fun of the rules, still follow them (mostly, besides walking on the right side of the hallway), and go on with our days. What a time to be alive.  

Bubblehead0987654321
Vice Captain

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Bubblehead0987654321
Vice Captain

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:04 pm
Scrap Metal 2.0

PREACH

My one teacher just asked me to help move a big marker board from the band room to the auditorium (choir is in there) and after that I was given quaker cash. I even told the teacher "No. I don't want one." .-. I didn't think something like that would give it to me. And so many people help others but the teachers either A. don't see it, B. ignore it, or C. expect us to do it anyways. There is no point in this.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:05 pm
I almost forgot an update: I have 1 quaker cash. I am special.

Second update: We've found our band directors stash of quaker cash. Another student grabbed one cash from the guidance counselors. We are slowly beginning our black market. We just need multiple teacher's signatures to forge.  

Bubblehead0987654321
Vice Captain

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:13 pm
Scrap Metal 2.0

^^^^^^^^^
THIS

----

Also, this reminds me of this concept they originally had for the new high school they built in my district (I was in the last graduating class from the old). They had this initial idea that each kid's ID card will be swiped at the start of class for attendance, and my one friend instantly said, "So, YOU don't have to go to class. Your ID does." emotion_awesome She wasn't even a troublemaker.

Trying to hyper control teenagers always backfires.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:36 pm
Scrap Metal 2.0

This school is clearly trying to create a bunch of rpg heroes. Senior year they'll teach you how to break people's clay pots for cash.

I hear quaker cash and think it can only be used for oatmeal lol  

kefkadragon

Learned Protagonist

31,525 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
Spam Central

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers