[PRP Yael] Intimate Family Matters [Niva/Pruu] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:12 am
Fury like she had never known coursed through Nivalis' blood. In all her years, she'd never even heard of such injustice- such stupidity and cruelty! It was true that much annoyed the young mystic, and she did tend to pout when things didn't go her way, but as far as she was concerned, she was quite lenient and acquiescent as compared to most of her tribe. So to feel like this was almost an entirely new concept.

One of her beloved older sisters had been banished. By her Alkidike guardian no less! And during a time of strife when they should be rallying together to face a dangerous threat.

Nivalis could not think of any more foolish an action than she'd ever experienced, and she couldn't begin to comprehend who this woman thought she was that she held the power to banish in Elarian from her own home, on their island. It was perhaps true that she had little business intruding upon matters in the most intimate of family circles, but an Alkidike may as well have sent a girl she'd taken from Elzira's blooms and raised as a daughter to her death in the wilds beyond the camp.

Niva would not stand for it, but she had one matter to tend to first.

Pruu may not have had exactly the same mindset as her twin. Many looked down on Pyrrha for her more lackadaisical nature, which couldn't be said of Pruu. Pruu was strong. She was a warrior no one could be ashamed of, but still Nivalis felt the older girl might be keeping things bottled that she shouldn't. And she wanted to be counsel for Pruu as much as she wanted to be for Pyrrha.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:51 pm
As per usual, and even more-so as of late, Pruu would be found on one of the training fields. Rather than outright training though, she was trying to expand on ideas she had gotten during a previous discussion with a fellow sister. With a new threat came the need for new training. She wanted multiple angles of attack without making a bunch of the sisters sit around waiting. A series of spears and arrows and stones that could be launched or dropped with the pull of a rope... It was complicated and time consuming to set up, but if she could make it more efficient...

One of the younger sisters, only just a prentice, sat to one side, waiting with a rather bored expression. Pruu walked to a central area to spin and survey her work and nodded. "Okay. Remember to pull only one at a time. We have to make sure which ones work and which do-" Gasping sharply, she turned to dodge a spear that flew at her.

Instantly, the younger girl flared up. "I didn't even touch that rope! I swear!"

Pruu sighed and shook her head. "Remember also, an attack can come at any time from anywhere. Make a note of it and just start on the other ropes."
Fluffesu

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:40 am
Cornetified

Fortunately, her older sister was not difficult to find. Nivalis took a moment to stand at the edge of the training grounds, watching Pruu's interaction with one of their younger sisters. Pruu was, as ever, focused on the betterment of their tribe and all of the ways she could make their home stronger, more secure. It was a noble goal. For the short span that Nivalis watched them, she tried to quiet her temper. She breathed slow, even breaths and willed herself to ease.

Her sisters did not need to see her in a fury. It was not beneficial to them during this already-trying time. With one last, slow exhale, she steeled herself and moved forward.

"Pruu!" She called as she entered the yard. As soon as she was within arm's length, her fingers reached, threading gently about the other girl's forearm and clasping lightly. "I did expect I'd find you here, though I imagined you'd be alone." He gaze flicked to the younger girl at her side, and Niva sent her an ever-so-slightly strained smile. "As it is, though, I would like to speak with you privately, if I may. It concerns matters I feel may be more personal to you..."

Though she had to admit that she didn't fully understand Pruu's relationship with her twin or with her mothers. Last they'd spoken of her family, Pruu had been... concerned that one of her guardians was too soft to reside on this island with them. From what Nivalis knew, their family seemed a complicated one.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:22 pm
Turning at the sound of her name, Pruu's brow rose curiously. "Nivalis." The mystic seemed quite perturbed about something. She held her hand up toward her assistant to pause the progress when Nivalis approached. A personal matter to her? "Certainly, Nivalis. As you wish." She turned to dismiss the girl standing nearby, who looked rather relieved by the interruption.

After the girl left, Pruu guided Nivalis a little off to the side, just in case one of the prepped weapons went off without warning again. Once in a safe spot, she turned to Nivalis and firmly gripped the mystic's shoulder. "What is weighing on you so, sister?"
Fluffesu

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:32 am
Cornetified

There was no sense in beating around the bush. It wasn't the Elarian way. Once Pruu had dismissed her young aid and guided them to a more secluded spot, Nivalis launched into their discussion in a quick, sharp tone. "It's about your bloom sister," Niva informed the older girl in a hiss. Though she held no anger for Pruu, and she knew the matter could be quite a delicate one, she couldn't bottle her own frustrations. "And your guardian mothers."

"It has been brought to my attention that one of your Alkidike mothers banished Pyrrha from your home. This situation makes me-" 'Uncomfortable'? True that it was unpleasant, but such a calm-sounding word didn't properly explain the emotions roiling in her gut. Niva pinched the inside of her lip between her teeth and continued out as she grit them. "It offends me," she admitted.

"It is unacceptable. The home we have made beneath Elzira's branches is more for us and our sisters, Pyrrha included, than for any Alkidike. To banish her from her home, regardless of her actions, or inaction, as I'm sure your guardian sees it- I will not allow her to be cast out, ever."

She sucked in a breath. Her purpose here had not been to argue with or berate Pruu. Indeed, she wasn't the cause of this, and Nivalis didn't think it was much Pruu's duty to have stopped any of it... Nivalis shook her head and tried to temper her tone. "I have sought you out to make sure they are not treating you in a similarly unacceptable way..." She murmured more softly. "And to ascertain that this family divide has not affected you poorly, as well..." It was not her duty as Mystic to interfere in lives that didn't want her interference, regardless of how upset they made her on a personal level. "Are you well, Pruu?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:49 pm
The moment the subject of Nivalis' frustration was made known, Pruu stiffened up and dropped her hand to her side. The reminder of what was happening made her stomach fill with rocks and acid... but she did her best to keep her face expressionless while she listened. As angry as she was about the situation, she couldn't bear the shame if she were to be outcast herself... and that alone brought more feelings upon her than she wished to address.

When the discussion suddenly changed though, becoming about her and how she felt, Pruu was shocked. Perhaps unreasonably so, since Nivalis was who she was, but Pruu hadn't allowed herself the time to consider herself since that first day. It was easier to go about business as usual while checking under the radar on Pyrrha's condition. She still had the bruising on her arm from her mother, but she explained it off as a battle bruise. Nothing for anyone else to worry about. It was the only time her mother had ever marked her out of anger though, and she found herself covering it with her other hand self-consciously in front of Nivalis. It was a long moment before she sighed. She was too loyal to lie to the mystic. ..Neither could she open herself to her feelings and pull Nivalis into the mess. "So long as I do not attempt to mend what has been broken, I am well there," she said evasively, a subtle spike of anger making her nostrils flare before she took a calm breath.

"Please, tell me, if you know this.. does it mean that you have seen my sister? Do you know if Pyrrha has found safety?" Her resolve was weakening already, hearing the hints of desperation leaking through her voice. Tightening her throat, she shifted to stand a bit more at attention to solidify herself. "I have not seen her since before Kou's decision." There, her voice was flat again.
Fluffesu

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:08 am
Cornetified

Nivalis didn't consider herself to be the most observant among her sisters. Her attention often wandered freely to what she felt needed it the most, without the same honing toward intense focus as some of her more battle-oriented siblings shared. But Pruu's fidgeting, when she was usually such a composed girl, didn't go unnoticed. Niva's minty gaze flicked downward as Pruu moved to cover a bruise on her arm, then sharply up at a minute shift in voice and pinch of expression.

She was upset then. And rightfully so. Niva couldn't possibly know what transpired in their home after Pyrrha's departure unless this girl before her chose to speak of it. But she expected, just from the muted tone and quiet shifting, that it was perhaps as unpleasant as she'd feared.

"You can talk to me," she encouraged hopefully. "Even if you can't 'mend what has been broken' on your own, you don't have to. I want to help you and be there for you and see that whatever atrocities you and your sister are suffering have been dealt with..." Were the twins' guardian mothers being abusive? Niva's gaze darted back to Pruu's arm. Even if they were, she couldn't really imagine either girl complaining about it, particularly not Pruu, who Niva wasn't sure complained about much of anything if it was a situation she thought she could handle on her own...

Instead of demanding an answer outright or allowing her own frustration at the injustice of it get the better of her again, Nivalis nodded instead. "Yes, Pyrrha is here," she murmured. "She'd gone off into the jungle alone," the word came out as a soft hiss because she could have died out there, or been just as easily abducted. "And I had to send some of our older sisters to bring her back. She is staying in the camp now."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:19 pm
Belatedly realizing what a traitor her hand was being, Pruu tried to casually let it drop back to her side as though she definitely had not been trying to cover anything. Much had broken in her home, but how could she say anything of it? The urge to tell all that had happened, all that she felt, was surprisingly prodding her mind. She wasn't about to whine to the mystic though; ask her to make it all better.. "Kou's decision was final," she replied, as though that answered anything, "and I have suffered no atrocity." All of the uncomfortable silences and isolation within the home, even the bruising.. she felt she deserved nothing less while she continued to remain under that same roof. Pyrrha was the one suffering...

Her resolve nearly crumbled with relief when Nivalis spoke of Pyrrha though. Pruu's eyes closed with a sharp inhale of breath to silently hold her composure. Thank Elzira... Thank Elzira... Pyrrha was okay, back in the camp, and safe. "Thank you for watching over her, Nivalis," she said tightly. "I apologize for the frustration my family has caused you.. but I cannot express enough my gratitude for you helping Pyrrha." Since Pruu, Pyrrha's own twin, was utterly useless in the matter... "It is she who suffered the weight of our mother's decision.. not I." She had gotten off easy. A bruise? Silence? That was nothing.
Fluffesu

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:38 am
Cornetified
I'm always a month late. I'm sorry! *hugs*

Should she press? No, right? No, obviously not, because whatever pressure Pruu faced now would just be worse if Niva demanded she be told anything Pruu didn't want to tell her... Between her sister and her guardian mothers, Nivalis couldn't imagine that the girl didn't already feel as though she were put into a tight little box. "I know that you have always tried very hard to please your mothers and that you train your hardest to keep our people safe..." Nivalis murmured softly. Niva just wanted there to be more she could do than ask questions with no answers.

She was not as aptly trained in the warrior arts as any of her other sisters. Her only role was to see to the safety and stability of her tribe as a whole through the will of the Great Mother and through her own powers of intuition. Intuition told her that neither of the twins were happy, and it was her duty to remedy that.

Somehow.

"I am only too happy to watch after all our sisters in any way I can," Niva replied. "I would never leave anyone to suffer alone if there was anything I could do about it." Her gaze lingered intently on Pruu's face, silently willing the other girl to understand that her offer extended as much to her as to Pyrrha, and she wanted to be the one that could aid them in whatever struggles they faced with their guardian mothers.

It may be true that between her cousins and her sisters, Nivalis would always favor the side of the Elaria, but Pyrrha had expressed in interest in keeping her Alkidike guardians happy, despite what they'd done to her, and Niva didn't imagine Pruu wanted them upset, either. "If there is a peaceful resolution and compromise to be made, whatever it may be, I would be happy to help you find it..."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:38 pm
Pruu felt her cheeks warm with a mix of pride and guilt at the soft murmur. Pleasing and protecting her family was all she had ever wanted. Yet, here she was, not protecting her bloom sister. They had been born together to the prayers of their mothers... That had to mean something. They were both brought to the Alk couple for a reason! ..why couldn't the reason be clearer? Less painful?

Despite Nivalis' intention with her affirmation, Pruu only felt the guilt stab deeper. Nivalis had sent someone to find Pyrrha and kept her safe. Pruu.. had flinched from the task because of one angry woman and her pride. Pruu had left Pyrrha to suffer alone...

Though, that was why Nivalis was the mystic. Nivalis was willing and able to do what others could not. Nivalis had that strength.

Compromise... Something clicked in Pruu's mind, and she let herself face Nivalis a bit more directly. Since Kou would certainly never let Pyrrha back home, and since it was doubtful Pyrrha would want to return if given the option, Pruu needed to take her own steps. "Perhaps a compromise might yet be reached. ..I do not wish to strain the resources of the camp, but if there is enough..." she hesitated a moment. It would change much, but it would also allow her a more level field to work with. "If it is not too much trouble, I would like to move into a home of my own. Or with another sister, if that would be preferred by you to preserve space."

Out from under the roof of her mothers... Out from being under their watch and concern... Out from their direct influence... If she could do that, then she could do more for all of her sisters... It was an idea that had been floating around in her mind for a while now, and this situation just made it all the more credible.
Fluffesu
*snugs* ^^

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:42 am
Cornetified

It initially looked as though all Nivalis' efforts to make Pruu feel better only served to further fluster and agitate her. The older girl didn't quite manage to look at Niva directly, and there was a certain strain to her expression that lent itself to being more uncomfortable than confident in the progress of things. Niva's bottom lip disappeared between her teeth in thought. There must be something she could do or say to make these girls happy...? It was the role she'd been born for, yet somehow one she couldn't manage among even two people...

Not that she blamed either Pruu or Pyrrha for continued upset at the circumstances. Nivalis wasn't a mind reader and had no means with which to delve into any thoughts that were not expressly told to her. She couldn't possibly understand fully what the twins were going through, but she did know it was a cause for upset.

And for someone like Pruu, who was so dedicated to the strength of their tribe and the safety of all the Elaria, to have her own bloom-mate nearly banished from her life... Nivalis did understand that there was a certain brand of distraught that must come with that. Regardless of her assurances that Pyrrha was safe and that no harm would come to her, that she would be treated well and respected... Nivalis thought she understood that it wouldn't be enough for someone like Pruu, who was not used to being on the outskirts of that safety.

But then, as quickly as the offer for anything her sister might need left her mouth, Pruu's gaze was on her, more intent than it had been before and focused in such a way that Niva believed there was a plan there. Something the young woman before her thought would help smooth over the still-stinging upset.

"No, not too much trouble at all," Nivalis agreed quickly. "You are of acceptable age and even repute among our tribe that I can't imagine anyone would deny you your right to live alone or with anyone you wish..." It didn't even take much thought. The Elarian village was growing faster than it shrank, with several of her older sisters prepared to live their own lives. New huts were being constructed all the time, though Niva wasn't sure how Pruu felt about waiting on that. She knew if it were her she would want that freedom quickly. "If you'd like, you may select a plot of land on which to build, or..."

Nivalis was familiar with everyone in her tribe. She knew the names of all her sisters and made it a point to be as aware as she possibly could of any developments in their lives. "Senshari and Kimala have found their soul mates in each other and have opted to live together. Kimala is only a couple seasons older than you, but she had a hut crafted for herself before came the realization that she'd found her love. If you would like, her hut is empty and waiting for a life to be built inside it. You may also use it as temporary residence while you construct your own, if that is preferable."

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:01 pm
Steadily, the idea was settling into Pruu's belly. Maybe it really was time to take the steps to be her own warrior. It would be a new challenge to conquer if she were to take up a residence alone. Show that she could take care of herself while also getting out from under a pair of rather forceful thumbs... And as Nivalis mentioned that there was an open hut, it felt as though it were meant to be.

"I will take it," she said firmly. This should have been a decision discussed with her mothers. Even their older sister still lived under the same roof! Pruu.. could not abide being treated as though she were an over-sized youngling anymore. An additional weight lifted, and a softer smile rose. "And I am pleased to hear that they have found such a bond in each other's company. Such connection is special, for certain." She wondered when her turn would come...

"Thank you for helping me to make this choice, Nivalis; and for giving me this option." Her brow knit the slightest bit when she remembered why Nivalis had found her in the first place. "The.. situation... will not be so easily alleviated, but I believe this is a step that I need to take for myself." Sighing, she reached out to take Nivalis' hands and gave them a light squeeze. "I am sorry to have caused you to worry. Please let your mind be at ease concerning me."

Fluffesu
I could have sworn that I replied to this ages ago! I'm sorry!

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:20 am
Cornetified

Nivalis felt herself relax just slightly at Pruu's firm decision. Maybe it was only a minor victory. There was a long ways to go, yet before this family could be happy with itself. But truly Nivalis only cared for her sisters' happiness. Their mothers needed to learn what constituted as necessary training to promote strength and capabilities, and what constituted as cruelty that tore at the minds of their daughters. Pyrrha was more delicate in the latter aspect. But Nivalis felt a certain pride swell in her chest for Pruu's strength and resilience.

She beamed in delight and gave an encouraging nod. "I will see to any arrangements that need to be made, but the hut is already empty. I will need no more than the evening, I'm sure," Nivalis promised. "And hopefully you will have no problem getting out of your current residence." Pruu likely wouldn't stand for any nonsense, but just in case there was trouble, Niva tacked on a quick offer, "If you do, please summon me. I'm sure we'll be able to set it right."

Her gaze lit all the more in hope when Pruu squeezed her hands. "It is my job to worry, and because I do, I will always do everything in my power to see to the well being of my sisters, even if it doesn't always follow the way of the warrior we have been set on."

"For you, and for Pyrrha, please never be afraid to tell me if there is more I for me to help with."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:25 pm
That evening? So quickly... It did give a boost to her mind to believe in the power she was taking for herself, but she also did not want to rush the move and add too many waves to the already tumultuous waters the family was wading through. She didn't want to rush her mystic friend, either! "Perhaps not tonight, but within the week, for certain," she replied, expression relaxing.

The only sign of her nerves was a small exhale of her breath. "I will, but I suspect this will be a choice they will settle quickly with," she reassured. While she knew there would be tension, she could not see it being a real problem. Her family was all about being strong and independent. Moving to her own place was surely a logical step that rubbed between most mothers and daughters, but it was also just as surely expected to happen as a natural step in growing up.

Nivalis' sentiment warmed Pruu's heart. Leave it to the mystic to find a way through Pruu's rigid walls during even these tense conversations. "Well, do not worry yourself too much for me," she said with a small smirk and an understanding nod. After all, she knew well enough about worrying for loved ones. She could only imagine what it was like for Nivalis to have a whole clan to worry for all the time.

"Nivalis, know that the same extends to you as well. I will always come if you call in need of anything." What could she do for the mystic? Maybe not much, but she always felt better confirming that her loyalty and affection was just as solidly in place as ever.

Fluffesu

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:50 pm
Cornetified

"There is no rush, if you don't wish there to be," Nivalis replied gently. "I only meant to assure you that whenever you're ready, there is somewhere available for you." She did hope that neither Pruu not Pyrrha spent too much more time with their Alkidike guardians. Nivalis wanted to be impartial and fair to all members of her tribe, but... Her sisters' mothers rubbed her all kinds of the wrong way. She didn't think it benefited either girl to be under the Alkidike for much longer.

They were adults in their own right, by now. It should fall to them, to the Elaria, to decide when they were capable of supporting themselves among the tribe, and Nivalis was certain that Pruu's time had come.

Niva nodded slowly to herself. Yes, she was sure this was the proper path. For everyone involved.

"I worry just enough, Pruu," Nivalis replied, flicking one of her lengthy dreads between her fingers. "My sisters are the most important thing on this earth to me. It stands to reason that when I am capable of doing something to ease their burdens, I will. It pleases me to know that you would do the same for me, and it makes me proud to think that are family is such a dedicated unit. It makes me confident that no matter what we set as our goal, no matter how far away it is, we can achieve it." She felt her cheeks warm as she looked out to the forest beyond, feeling a heat blossom as pride for herself and her sisters.

But for now, this was a step enough. "Would you like to see your new hut?" Nivalis offered. "Perhaps you can show it to your mothers to reassure them that you will still be within camp. Never so far that they couldn't find you. I feel like that tends to help with these sort of moves."

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff