Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die
HALLOWEEN 2017: INTO THE WOODS CYOA Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:38 pm
. HALLOWEEN 2017 - INTO THE WOODS .

You've heard rumors, whispers really- something lurks in the woods outside Phony City. There have been reports of a strange creature flitting through the trees- a dark omen, no doubt, with eyes like coal and wings like arson. The sightings have been brief- all accounts are short tales told by terrified phonies.

But you are not one of them. You've not seen this beast- and maybe you want to keep it that way. Or maybe you don't, and you're truly curious. Maybe you're brave, or you think you're brave. Maybe you want to hunt it, identify it, study it- you want to prove it's natural, not supernatural. Whatever your reason, you stand now on the edge of the woods. The sun is sinking; it'll be dark soon. Balding branches creak and sway as the trees' shadows grow longer and longer. What lurks in the forest? What forbidden things emerge from leafy cairns and deadwood hollows when the sun goes down? What nightmares dare tread where the light no longer touches?

You can turn back now. It'll be ok. There's no shame in it, not when the trees seem to have grown eyes and fangs and grasping hands. No shame when the thorns claw at your mane and tail, pawing and beckoning and dragging and scratching. The last crickets of summer chirp their swan song; the cicadas sing a dirge as they sink into slumber.. Night might be falling, but the forest doesn't sleep- and neither do its occupants.

Dare you spend a night in the woods?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:02 pm
. RULES .

The rules are as follows:
  1. This game will have thirteen rounds. The first round is the signups, which will go until 11:59 PM CST on Halloween night.
    Aside from that, rounds are 24 hours; they'll generally end at midnight CST. (Should something happen, deadlines will be pushed back; you will never have less than 24 hours to enter.
  2. The first line of your post must make it clear which choice you make!
  3. You must roleplay in your post! A line or two at least; you don't have to write a novel, but you can't just write down the letter of your choice.
    - You may revise your entry before each rounds' deadline, but not after the specific round has concluded.
  4. This game is open to everyone, regardless of Phony ownership status. Those without Phonies can play as a Phakie - check out the next post for details. (However, Gray or Blacklist status does preclude you from participation.)
    - This game is open to babbens and adults - sadly, blister packs can't participate. That would be kinda weird, somebody dragging a blister pack out into the woods.
  5. This is a round elimination game, meaning that if you do not post, you will be out! Your character will be written out of the game.
  6. At the end of the period, your choices will be scored to determine a winner. Jellies will be distributed amongst runner-ups.
  7. The game will run in CDT.

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:46 pm
RENT-A-PHAKIE for this CYOA

Phakies are Remote-controlled Robo-Phonies for Rent, Phakies are made with the latest Phonyland robotics - no Phony will be able to tell the difference once the customised nano-skin goes on!

These Earth-Perma robots can be rented - BY NEWBIES ONLY! - for each event in the colour of your choice (solid body and hair colours excluding black and white in any combination).
Controlling the Phakie from a VR environment at the Rental Station, you will be able to experience everything the Phakie experiences, as if you were there!
Each event where Phakies can be rented will have opportunites for a few Phakie points - if you keep renting the same Phakie and gain enough Phakie points,
your rental could even become...a real perma Phony!

Permababby owners can choose to complete 6 specific RPs once they become a Permababby
- to grow them into a fully functional unique lineart adult Earth Phony!

Those who only have blisterpack(s) at the start of this CYOA may also rent a Phakie, though since you are no longer a newbie, you will not be eligible for Phakie points.

To rent a Phakie, please fill out and post the following form in this guild thread, together with your Round 1 sign-up details:

[b][size=24][color=salmon]RENTING A PHAKIE![/color][/size][/b]
[b]Controller:[/b] [ your username ] - I hereby confirm that I have no Phonies at all, adult nor perma. OR I hereby confirm that my Phony is currently a blisterpack, and I am aware I am not eligible for Phakie points.
[b]Phakie Type:[/b] Earth Boy . Earth Girl
[b]Phakie Name:[/b] [ will be vetted by admin to ensure naming convention compliance]
[b]Body Colour:[/b] [ single colour - no black nor white ]
[b]Mane Colour:[/b] [ single colour - no black nor white ]
[b]Eye Colour:[/b] [ single colour - no white ]
[b]Phakie Personality:[/b] [ one-line description of how your Phakie will be played - you can play the Phakie as if they were a real Phony, if they were ever to become a real Perma, the Phakie's RP experiences will be naturally assimilated as the real Phony's actual RP experiences (though these are not eligible for Growth RP Requirements) ]
[quote="Your Little Phony"][/quote]

Once you've posted the form, you can start RPing and playing in this event!
However, if there is anything that doesn't fit Phonyland e.g. name, admin will notify you and ask you to change it.

Remember to return your Phakie to Rent-a-Phakie at the end of the event!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:47 pm
. Rounds .

Round 1: Fearless?
Round 2: Home Sweet Home Base
Round 3: Clearly, It's a Monstrous Alien
Round 4: Bats All, Folks!
Round 5: Let's Split Up, Gang!
Round 6: oh my god why didn't I call this one "Stranger Things" GOD that was a failed- wait, I can go back and change it, we're calling this one "Stranger Things... Get Stranger."
Round 7: Mystery Solving Duos
Round 8: Reunification!
Round 9: Scaramouche Fandango and the Pretentious Literary Reference
Round 10: Phonyland Chainsaw Jamboree
Round 11: Didn't We Already Have a Cookie Jam Event?
Round 12: Slime Ranchers
Round 13: Like Flames to a Moth

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:51 pm
. Round One: Fearless? .

You stand at the edge of the woods, milling quietly around with a small group of phonies. Some you recognize, some you don't- but you all got the vibrant handbill somewhere, and you were intrigued. Everybody had been talking about the rumors in the woods, and frankly, you couldn't resist the event that had popped up on every social network. The plan was simple- bring camping stuff, meet at the edge of the woods, and go in together to find out what was going on. It sounded like a great idea during the day, but now? Now you're not so sure. It was one thing to say you were going to go in the woods with a monster...

But to actually go in there... was something else entirely.

This seems entirely lost on your guide, the mare who spearheaded the expedition. She's rifling through a bag of assorted items- you can see marshmallows, matches, a machete, and... is that a microphone? It's not too late to leave- but oh no, she's spotted you.

"So!" she chirps, looking over the lot of you with an eagle eye. "You all came. That's great- I wasn't sure anyone would actually show up and I'd be doing this alone. I'm Skirmish, and I'm your fearless leader. But who are you? I must know!"

For Round 1, fill out this form for your phony or phakie! Feel free to give a little RP as well- mandatory RP begins in the next round.
[size=20][b]ROUND 1: FEARLESS?[/b][/size]
[imgright]your Phony's CERT; if Phakie, please delete this field.[/imgright]
[b]Name:[/b] [ your Phony or Phakie's name - again, Phakie names will be reviewed for your naming conventions and may need to be changed!]
[b]What's your greatest fear?:[/b]
[b]What gives you courage?:[/b]
[b]What's the strangest thing you've ever seen?:[/b]
[b]What [u]one item[/u] did you bring with you?:[/b] [Note: this can be almost anything- within reason! It must be an item a phony would be able to carry- no pianos- it must not be alive, undead, or sentient- no pets!- and it must [b]not[/b] primarily be a weapon.]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:43 pm
RENTING A PHAKIE!
Controller: Midnightglow18 - I hereby confirm that I have no Phonies at all, adult nor perma.
Phakie Type: Earth Girl
Phakie Name: Spooky Sweet
Body Colour: Orange
Mane Colour: Purple
Eye Colour: Green
Phakie Personality: Sweet, kinda silly, forward. Spooky sweet likes to play and loves adventure.
Your Little Phony

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:46 pm
ROUND 1: FEARLESS?
Name: Spooky Sweet
What's your greatest fear?: Lightning
What gives you courage?: Friends
What's the strangest thing you've ever seen?: A turtle with two heads
What one item did you bring with you?: A lantern

Spooky Sweet carried a lit lantern in her mouth, she was ready for adventure, she hoped she would make some friends on this trip. She nodded her head at Skirmish Flamenco, the fearless leader. She wondered if this trip would be filled with adventure and danger.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:55 pm
Name: [Comet Chaser]
What's your greatest fear?: Something happening to my wife or son
What gives you courage?: My son, have you seen him? He's an absolutely perfect ange-- (removed for everyone's sanity)
What's the strangest thing you've ever seen?: Well, gosh. I've seen quite a few weird things, you know? But I guess if I had to name something, I would say... I saw someone who didn't love hotdogs!
What one item did you bring with you?: A flashlight!  

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:56 pm
Name: Nightvine
What's your greatest fear?: Waking up somewhere strange.
What gives you courage?: Being well prepared.
What's the strangest thing you've ever seen?: Phonies who sleepwalk.
What one item did you bring with you?: An empty canvas knapsack for collecting mushrooms or various night plants.

Nightvine yawned, it was pretty early in the night and he'd just woken up. His eyes were fairly adapted to low light, so he carried no lanterns or torches.

"Nah, I wouldn't let any of you wander the dark alone," he said between a large yawn. "I'm Nightvine, pleased to meet you all."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:14 pm
Name: Torte Bar
What's your greatest fear?: Losing!
What gives you courage?: Knowing I'm right
What's the strangest thing you've ever seen?: Saw a gal chug a whole bottle of booze in one go - and I ain't talking about one of those little ones!! She walked out straight faced after that.
What one item did you bring with you?: Large thermos of coffee.

Torte wasn't afraid of anything! With a thermos of hot coffee, she was ready for a long night in the cold woods - nothing to hold her back. Not sleep, not hunger. Nothing.  

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:19 pm
User Image
Name: Rising Sign
What's your greatest fear?: Being useless
What gives you courage?: Knowledge
What's the strangest thing you've ever seen?: Aliens (It was actually just a meteor breaking up in the sky but she's SURE it was aliens)
What one item did you bring with you?: A small, portable telescope

Rising Sign peered around the legs of the older Phonies around her, staring up at the Phony that would lead them into the woods. She wasn't afraid of the dark - she was much more comfortable in it, for sure - but she was glad they weren't heading in there alone.

"Rising Sign," she said from the little crowd, her voice higher than the others that had spoken. She might be little, but she knew even babbies could be helpful in the right situation!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:30 pm
Name: Fright Night
What's your greatest fear?: Loosing passion for anything spooky.
What gives you courage?: The excitement of the unknown!
What's the strangest thing you've ever seen?: A family that didn't celebrate Halloween or partake in any haunting festivities. Can you believe that?! HAH! Mind blowing, am I right?!
What one item did you bring with you?: A plastic bat on a string.

Fright Night laughed jovially as he entered the small crowd of ponies that had already gathered near. His laughter, for a moment, almost drowned out any other sounds being made until he finally allowed himself to calm. He smoothed back his bangs and flared out the collar of his vampire inspired outfit...

What?

Of course he came dressed for this!

His dark purple eyes light up with wonder and excitement at the proposal of supposedly finding a monster. "Greetings everyone! Fright Night is at your service!!" he declared loudly and proudly for all to hear --- even any lurking spooks.  

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:42 pm
Name: Roller Riot
What's your greatest fear?: Being alone (also spiders)
What gives you courage?: The scarier something is, the more thrilling it is to beat it
What's the strangest thing you've ever seen?: Two gals dressed head to toe in mascot costumes having a full on brawl. They never took the heads off.
What one item did you bring with you?: Her Helmet with a flashlight duct-taped to the top. A makeshift headlamp.

Pffshaw, scary stuff was no big deal. It was probably some guy in a costume paid off by little-miss-spooky-pants over there. Riot took pride in not being an easy scare, the kind of person to head the front of a group for the sake of showing off.

"Roller Riot," she introduced herself, looking a lot less charming than usual in her dumb get-up.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:02 pm
Name: Labyrinth
What's your greatest fear?: Becoming hopelessly lost forever
What gives you courage?: Myself! I grew up doing risky things alone and the only one there to psych me up was me!
What's the strangest thing you've ever seen?: Omg so many things! You can't even imagine what you can dig up sometimes! But the strangest thing I saw was my sister Fantasia's first designed outfit. Cowboy boots, a zebra printed skirt, a hot pink blouse and a giant floppy sunhat and she was WEARING IT!!!!
What one item did you bring with you?: Her handy dandy multi-tool!

Labyrinth padded up to the group and looked around at the others, trying to see if she knew any phony. A few familiar faces here but no one she knew well.

"I'm Labyrinth!" she flashed her signature bright, fangy grin. "Let's have a lot of fun and solve all the mysteries!!"  

Astraea Pandora

Crew

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:09 pm
Name: Torchwood
What's your greatest fear?: An untameable wildfire engulfing the park, destroying everything.
What gives you courage?: A healthy dose of caution, if you actually look before you take that leap the chances of landing safely are much better.
What's the strangest thing you've ever seen?: A green flash at sunset over the lagoon. Science says it's a trick of the light, but it might have been aliens, with how quickly it came and went, not mention the disc like shape. Nobody has specifically ruled out the possibility it was an alien yet, so it probably was.
What one item did you bring with you?: A tightly rolled sleeping bag. It's best to be prepared for a long, cold night.

The lure of such a dark, foreboding creature in the woods was like catnip to Torchwood. His interest was two-fold; on one hoof he wanted so badly to believe that a creepy creature like the Mothpone lurked in the park's woods, but on the other hand he wanted to make sure the park was safe. If it was real, it gave Torchwood proof that all conspiracy theorists and true believers wanted to find. The more information Torchwood could gather the better prepared he would be to tackle it! If it turned out to be a hoax, well he could sleep easy that night knowing the residents were safe for now...

The tan colored unicorn tugged at the sleeping back secured to his back, double checking that it was fastened tightly. When he was sure it wasn't going anywhere, he cautiously waved hello to the other members of this brave gang. "I'm Torchwood."  
Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff