Submit

narxfang
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:56 pm
I apologize for letting the guild die. It was 100% by fault. After my cat died, my dog, then both of grandparents all within 9 months of each other...I just could not take it anymore. Not to mention I got laid off from my job.

Those are reasons not excuses. I let you all down and I am sorry. Though something good did come of it. I have near legendary skills with guild management and system creation (That was meant to sound overly cocky) and realized something wrong with my precious Note...It is far too large. It is not simple enough. Roleplays THRIVE when they are in a few topics at most. NOT multiple forums. I plan revamp this guild in a way that will make it the best role playing guild ever. Here are my reconstruction plans.

(1) I plan to have most forums left blank. I will have a SINGLE forum for topic role plays. This is simple and compact. Ideal. Truth is not even the largest role playing guilds need multiple forums for topic role plays.

(2) The main Rp will change. I want it to be simpler, yet themed after some major anime. It will change from time to time.

(3) Maybe we should just create a new guild altogether that has less subforums? Let's discuss!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:59 pm
narxfang
I apologize for letting the guild die. It was 100% by fault. After my cat died, my dog, then both of grandparents all within 9 months of each other...I just could not take it anymore. Not to mention I got laid off from my job.

Those are reasons not excuses. I let you all down and I am sorry. Though something good did come of it. I have near legendary skills with guild management and system creation (That was meant to sound overly cocky) and realized something wrong with my precious Note...It is far too large. It is not simple enough. Roleplays THRIVE when they are in a few topics at most. NOT multiple forums. I plan revamp this guild in a way that will make it the best role playing guild ever. Here are my reconstruction plans.

(1) I plan to have most forums left blank. I will have a SINGLE forum for topic role plays. This is simple and compact. Ideal. Truth is not even the largest role playing guilds need multiple forums for topic role plays.

(2) The main Rp will change. I want it to be simpler, yet themed after some major anime. It will change from time to time.

(3) Maybe we should just create a new guild altogether that has less subforums? Let's discuss!

User Image
2018 HAS COME AND SO HAVE I!

First the idea of having single topic rps is a good one as multi topic are intimidating for new people and are more hassle as jumping between and interactions can be hard.

Second, switching the topic can be good or bad, while simple topic are simple to get into a more advanced one can really draw someone in, though simpling this down would probably really help

Third, Your choice bro!

Fourth, you may want this to be a announcement not everyone is a professional lurker as I am  

120Damian120

Skilled Tactician

16,100 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500

narxfang
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:37 pm
120Damian120
narxfang

User Image

First the idea of having single topic rps is a good one as multi topic are intimidating for new people and are more hassle as jumping between and interactions can be hard.

Second, switching the topic can be good or bad, while simple topic are simple to get into a more advanced one can really draw someone in, though simpling this down would probably really help

Third, Your choice bro!

Fourth, you may want this to be a announcement not everyone is a professional lurker as I am

So happy you replied Damian! You are the guy I was gonna PM pretty soon. So I have decided to make a new guild entirely. Though I will honour all post counts from this guild as well! The legacy bonus! here is a link to the new guild: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewforum.php?f=305467

I also decided the new RP will start VERY SMALL, but be designed to where it only expands when players cause it. NOT me. I made arkverse expand slightly too fast to be honest and so I'm going to implement a system where only players can unlock new topics and forums.

Also the main rp will be RWBY! Have you watched the series? Its free on youtube and roosterteeth's main channel. some episodes are 3 minutes! Super small anime-like show. I was forced to watch it for an RP with another friend and fell in love. Its a great plot.

Now the new guild will have the same basic combat system. Though I plan to make the overall plot of the RP MUCH simpler than even Arkverse. People need simplicity to thrive! They create their own complex plots. I need to stop overthinking my plots.

I was hoping you'd join me in my guild as a crew member! Though if you don't know RWBY you'll have limited ability to approve abilities, but you can still be of great help, and the plot is simple enough where I can explain what you need to know to RP if you like. BUT if you are too busy or just don't want to that's fine!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:46 pm
narxfang
120Damian120
narxfang

User Image

Third, Your choice bro!

So happy you replied Damian! You are the guy I was gonna PM pretty soon. So I have decided to make a new guild entirely. Though I will honour all post counts from this guild as well! The legacy bonus! here is a link to the new guild: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewforum.php?f=305467

I also decided the new RP will start VERY SMALL, but be designed to where it only expands when players cause it. NOT me. I made arkverse expand slightly too fast to be honest and so I'm going to implement a system where only players can unlock new topics and forums.

Also the main rp will be RWBY! Have you watched the series? Its free on youtube and roosterteeth's main channel. some episodes are 3 minutes! Super small anime-like show. I was forced to watch it for an RP with another friend and fell in love. Its a great plot.

Now the new guild will have the same basic combat system. Though I plan to make the overall plot of the RP MUCH simpler than even Arkverse. People need simplicity to thrive! They create their own complex plots. I need to stop overthinking my plots.

I was hoping you'd join me in my guild as a crew member! Though if you don't know RWBY you'll have limited ability to approve abilities, but you can still be of great help, and the plot is simple enough where I can explain what you need to know to RP if you like. BUT if you are too busy or just don't want to that's fine!

Oh? I was? Cool! might be a good idea to let it be the player expanding it hower, you have to watch the line if things become to slow implement time skips to free people up, it helps if done right. The combat system was good though it may need some tweaking some people are not as active due to life and such so perhaps another system? Maybe get a few to keep an eye on people and level the up as rewards and such? I dunno I'm just spit ballin here.

I'd love to join your guild, Sadly though for some reason Gaia isn't letting me I keep getting errors everytime I try.

Also as for rwby, heh, I'm a professor in the ways of remnant  

120Damian120

Skilled Tactician

16,100 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500

narxfang
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:33 pm
120Damian120
narxfang
120Damian120
narxfang

User Image

Third, Your choice bro!

Oh? I was? Cool! might be a good idea to let it be the player expanding it hower, you have to watch the line if things become to slow implement time skips to free people up, it helps if done right. The combat system was good though it may need some tweaking some people are not as active due to life and such so perhaps another system? Maybe get a few to keep an eye on people and level the up as rewards and such? I dunno I'm just spit ballin here.

I'd love to join your guild, Sadly though for some reason Gaia isn't letting me I keep getting errors everytime I try.

Also as for rwby, heh, I'm a professor in the ways of remnant
Awesome! Happy you know know RWBY! That is great. What kind of character would you like to be in my RWBY guild? a professor as well? or a student? I think It might be fun to start everyone off as students. Make it mandatory. That way we have character development.

Right now I am working on the profile for it. I'll figure out why it won't let you join and re send an invite. It'll be good to have a fresh air of eyes on it to help create stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:36 pm
I think I'll eliminate the combat forum. I don't think its necessary. I'll keep the level system though.

Time skips are a good idea. I might do time skips in waves for certain people actually. Hmm we'll see. I agree though.

The plot will be fun too though. Retaking the world from Grimm and freeing up cities.

narxfang
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

xLulie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:01 pm
4laugh 4laugh

IM HERE

I know I'm still relatively newer to the guild, but I'm happy to help with whatever you need!

Sorry to hear about your awful news, I hope you are OK. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:28 pm
xLulie
4laugh 4laugh

IM HERE

I know I'm still relatively newer to the guild, but I'm happy to help with whatever you need!

Sorry to hear about your awful news, I hope you are OK. heart
<3 if it isn't my European sweetheart of a friend! I am so happy to see you. Do you know what RWBY is? I can definitely use your help regardless of your familiarity with it though! I'll invite you to my new guild!  

narxfang
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

xLulie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:58 am
narxfang

<3 if it isn't my European sweetheart of a friend! I am so happy to see you. Do you know what RWBY is? I can definitely use your help regardless of your familiarity with it though! I'll invite you to my new guild!

I'm afraid I haven't watched it before - sorry! I would be more than happy to learn about it though, would it take me long to watch all the episodes? I would try to watch at least some before we got started but couldn't promise that I'd be able to watch the whole thing!

Thank you for the invite! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:35 pm
xLulie
narxfang

I'm afraid I haven't watched it before - sorry! I would be more than happy to learn about it though, would it take me long to watch all the episodes? I would try to watch at least some before we got started but couldn't promise that I'd be able to watch the whole thing!

So some episodes are only three minutes long believe it or not! I started watching it last week and I'm already done with the series! Well nearly I haven't watched it for three days due to a new job and whatnot. The animation sucks but gets better after the third season (seasons are short since episodes are short). I could also explain the whole basic idea pretty simply. I'll do that in the guild I'm making for everyone.  

narxfang
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

xLulie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:55 pm
narxfang
xLulie
narxfang

So some episodes are only three minutes long believe it or not! I started watching it last week and I'm already done with the series! Well nearly I haven't watched it for three days due to a new job and whatnot. The animation sucks but gets better after the third season (seasons are short since episodes are short). I could also explain the whole basic idea pretty simply. I'll do that in the guild I'm making for everyone.

I'll give it a watch so I understand some things! Very excited to get started 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:53 pm
xLulie
narxfang
xLulie
narxfang

I'll give it a watch so I understand some things! Very excited to get started 4laugh
You have been promoted in the new guild :] I like this team so far to be honest.

What do you guys think about a focus on romance in the new guild? I think it draws more people? But I don't do those RPs usually.  

narxfang
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Deadly_Tiger

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:52 pm
My Siggy is RWBY....so yeah.....

I like action RPs with a bit of a romantic twist personally, but I don't like RPs that just focus on romance.

Also really sorry to hear about all the stuff you were going through Narxfang. That's rough.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:47 am
narxfang
xLulie
narxfang
xLulie
narxfang

You have been promoted in the new guild :] I like this team so far to be honest.

What do you guys think about a focus on romance in the new guild? I think it draws more people? But I don't do those RPs usually.

I have to admit I don't usually do too much romance, I mean I do love a mixture of everything and if there was a romantic moment then yes of course! I'm much more about the action and character development, but then I suppose I am also used to playing much younger characters that it might have just been a bit strange for romance to be an option! rofl  

xLulie

narxfang
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:58 pm
xLulie
narxfang
xLulie
narxfang
xLulie
narxfang

I have to admit I don't usually do too much romance, I mean I do love a mixture of everything and if there was a romantic moment then yes of course! I'm much more about the action and character development, but then I suppose I am also used to playing much younger characters that it might have just been a bit strange for romance to be an option! rofl

I agree. I just don't find the pure romance genre very apealing, but it seems to attract a lot of people. We got Action, Teams, and cool weapons going for us already which is good. RWBY is a good blend I think. I kinda hope to reignite that Angels RP in the NARxRP guild. I wonder if Damian is up for that? WHat do you say man! eh?  
৳ℍℯ ℕo†ℯ

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff