Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:17 pm
The Princess In The Mirror

Sajahka had intended to tell Leukos near immediately what he had seen upon investigating into Lord c**k Head’s affairs. That particular evening, however, when he’d returned home, Leukos had already seemed especially stressed, and Sajah found himself putting it off. He wasn’t sure what they could do yet, or even if what was being done was strictly illegal, or simply immoral. And if it was only the latter, it might only upset the man further with no recourse. So, somehow, days passed, and Sajah sat on the facts, waiting for what felt like the ‘right’ time, if ever there would be one.

He stopped following the lord because he seemed to have gotten all the information he needed for the moment already — it now just being a matter of what to do with it now that he had it — and some four days or so after his most fruitful investigation, he was at market legitimately for food to do their evening’s grocery shopping, when he ran into a different familiar face.

Naz, he noted immediately, looked—more upset than usual, though she seemed to be doing a decent job of masking it. He couldn’t put a pin on exactly what was riling her or even why it seemed that she was, and she didn’t seem keen on telling him. But she did take to following him through market, babbling on about whatever else came to her mind. When it became clear he was through with his purchases and ready to return home, she hesitated before, in a quick blurt, making a request he had never heard from her:

“Do y’ think you could walk with me home? It ain’t so far…”

Had the circumstances been any different, he might have dismissed it. Just a child wanting a little more attention… But some combination of the newness of the request, and undercurrent of something else he had sensed in her mood that evening made Sajah feel that this wasn’t something he could deny. In any case, surely it wouldn’t take long. So, with a slight nod and food in tow, Sajah followed Nazumi’s lead, trailing in her wake.

He ought to have anticipated it, and surely had on some level—but that did not make it any more comforting to watch as the quality of the surrounding buildings seemed to deteriorate the further along they made it towards the space she called ‘home.’ Nazumi also seemed to slow her pace the closer they came.

The building itself, when it became clear which they were coming to, looked derelict, and he might have thought it abandoned if not for the clear signs of life along the perimeter—if it could be called that. There was a body, filthy, slumped against an outer wall. Drunk, probably. Hopefully-

Then, someone screamed. Sajahka’s eyes snapped to the upper story. Naz froze where she stood. The screaming became shouting, which — Sajah supposed — was likely a good thing, for at least it meant whoever was involved was still alive, pitching a violent verbal fit against someone else who seemed just as keen on shouting back. Only parts of the words were cognizable, but it didn’t seem to matter.

Someone came tumbling out of the front of the building—bloody. A second figure, still standing, followed, knife drawn-

And Sajah supposed he couldn’t have said what exactly in retrospect inspired him to do what he did—but he felt certain in that moment that he couldn’t leave the small, bristling and tense child at his side in the midst of this. Not tonight. Perhaps it was her world most every night—but not on this occasion. Not now. He refused to do it. So, instead, without waiting to even attempt to convey some point to her, he took up her wrist, tugging and turning heel in a manner that said as firmly as words ever could: We’re leaving.

If Naz had any objections, they petered out quickly, and Sajah paid them no mind. Though he knew Leu had taken a liking to the girl in his own way, he still couldn’t say with conviction that he would necessarily approve of the choice not simply to feed but to lead her to their own home. But he felt in this instance he had no other choice he was willing to make, and surely, once explained, Leukos would understand—or at least tolerate it.

He had the full walk to their apartment to attempt to decide what he was going to say. By the time he arrived — a befuddled, squinting, and stinking Naz in tow — he still hadn’t come to a brilliant conclusion.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:12 pm

User Image

Ever since Sajah and Leukos had moved themselves from the original inn Leu had first been staying at, to their very own rented flat, Leukos had started getting into the habit of tidying the place up while Sajah went to get groceries. He’s never owned property before, and even if it was only under lease, it still felt immensely liberating to be able to call a place his. Theirs. He wanted to take good care of it, and dress it properly, and keep it looking as good as the day they’d moved in.

Sometimes they had coworkers over. Usually, it was just the two of them. But they didn’t need much space, and the one bedroom flat had long since burrowed its way firmly into his heart.

It was the first real home he’d ever had.

After cutting assorted tubers up to throw into a pot to slowly boil, he’d set about cleaning the place, sweeping and dusting in those hard to reach places, until there was nothing else he could think to work on. And then it came down to simply waiting for Sajah to come home with the meat, occupying himself with tending to the little herb garden he’d started growing on the window sill. Kyro watched him work from on the ceiling, ever searching for any insects that might stray in through the open window. Just one of the many benefits of having an insectivore as a roommate~

And then came the knock Sajah always used before he entered and the lock clicked, announcing the silent man’s presence. Leukos brushed the dirt off his hands on the hand towel he’d brought over, turning to greet him.

“Hey babe, were you able to get the cut I asked for-” he stopped, seeing Saj’s little guest at his side. “Umm…” He looked up at Saj, frowning. “I was not informed we would have a guest tonight.”

[1/10]

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:41 pm
There were perhaps two seconds of blissful, normal greeting—before that next moment when Leu’s eyes flit sharply to Naz, and Sajah felt himself flush in spite of himself, grunting almost guiltily at the look Leu gave him. He raised his hands to sign, and at least attempt to explain on the fly-

“Someone got stabbed,” Naz blurted.

Saj glanced down.

And then he cleared his throat, curbing the frown tempted to overcome his features and raising his eyes again to Leu instead with slightly more determination.

«It wasn’t safe tonight for her, I don’t think,» he signed. «She found me while I was at market and asked me to walk her home, and so I did. I was not planning to bring her here, just to take her there, as I knew you probably…wouldn’t want the surprise company of this variety.» The frown came then in spite of himself. «Perhaps I should not have, but I couldn’t leave her in that space. It was violent when I arrived…» His ears flicked abashedly. «And I do have the meat. We can give her a bath, and there is enough she can eat with us…»

“It’s not so different though…it’s happened before, when people get mad.” Naz’s look reminded Sajah of the feeling he had gotten earlier, before he had seen her home or the goings on there, and he had to wonder what had inspired her request in the first place—why she had already seemed anxious.

But perhaps that was a question they could work their way to, now that they already had her here.

In the meantime, he could smell cooking vegetables, at least, and just being back in their space had a relaxing effect in its own right. «Is there anything I can do to help with—?» If there was more to that sentence, however, it never made it, Sajah’s hands pausing instead at a verbal outburst from his side.

“KYRO!” And quickly as that, Naz darted past Saj and Leu without invitation, such that Saj could only blink to watch her as she beelined in, and made hands at the reptile, high overhead and well out of her reach. “C’mon, Kyro! You can come down…”  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:09 am

User Image
It was probably to his credit that Leukos only looked minorly shocked by Naz’s honest revelation; he’d started to grow accustomed to the unpredictability of what the child might say. It still left him with more questions than they started with, so he crossed his arms and waited for Sajahka to elaborate. And he supposed it all made sense in the grand scheme of things, for Saj to want to keep her from obvious danger. They didn’t always have the constant visual reminder of what her life was like, so it was easy to let it drift to the back of his list of priorities. And it wasn’t like he was opposed to keeping her occupied while things blew over.

Just not, maybe...in his house.

He needed to talk to Sajah, and luckily enough the universe saw fit to give them a chance as Naz darted towards the gecko hanging from the ceiling. Quiet despite himself, Leukos felt hairs raising on the back of his neck as she darted by, right across his clean floor. Kyro seemed quite content to blink down at the squirming creature, tail slowly wagging back and forth as it pondered the child’s complexities. Leukos edged by her, giving the urchin space to prance in place with all her dirt and rags.

«You know I like her...» he signed, frowning at Sajahka. «But I don’t think it was a good idea to bring her to our home. Now she knows where we live. She wasn’t supposed to become reliant on us Sajah, I thought we talked about that?» He glanced back at the child, trying to keep the distaste off his face. «I don’t want her in danger, but couldn’t there have been a better place? She’s so dirty...»

[2/10]

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:56 am
Sajah watched, and he could see, even before Leukos signed, that it wasn’t sitting particularly well with him. Quite in spite of himself, he felt a defensive surge in his gut—it was just a little girl, not an infested rodent, she wasn’t that bad—but he kept his hands still at least until after Leukos began to sign and said his piece. Unfortunately, everything he said was in line with his expressions, and Sajah found himself pursing his lips.

«What better place? I was dirty. Now I have the opportunity to wash, and she can too. It isn’t her fault she hasn’t before. I’ll clean the floors if you want. It is easy to clean off dirt a small mess. If something had happened to her, though…»

He frowned. And then shook his head.

«I could not shake the feeling that I should not leave her,» he signed eventually. «Not tonight. If there were somewhere else to take her, I could have, but I do not know where that would be…» He rolled his shoulders, watching as Naz cooed insistently — to no persuasive affect thus far — at Kyro, attempting to cajole him down.

“I just wanna give you a few pets! Come onnnnn, come!” She bounced on the balls of her feet.

A smile pulled just barely at the corner of his mouth before he sighed at unavoidable seriousness of the situation, gaze returning to Leu. «She may not even remember the way here. And even if she does…it is a risk already taken and there is nothing to change that now. I do not think she would come to us unless she truly needed it…she had never asked me to walk her there before, and she did not say why, but…I think that something was different tonight.»  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 am

User Image
It wasn't like Sajah could say he was displeased, with no tone of voice, but it was evident he was not impressed with Leukos’ reaction to the child. And he might feel a bit of that towards himself as well, but he just couldn't help it. It was not Naz's fault she was in such a sorry state. She didn't know better, hers was the only situation she'd ever known. She couldn't be expected to have the same reservations as himself when in came to hygiene.

And this he kept to himself, but…a part of him was worried about sticky fingers. And not just the kind that left marks on the walls; but small, wandering digits that could easily pluck something up and tuck it away for bartering later. Which might not be fair. He recognized that. She'd never stolen anything off of them before. But she still could.

Maybe he needed to stop worrying about it. Even if she did take something, it wasn't like they needed it more than her. It would buy her food. Or instead, drugs for whoever took the money from her when she got home. But that was negative thinking, and beyond his control.

He'd just have to give her the benefit of the doubt, and trust that she would not abuse their generosity.

«I'm sorry, you're right,» he admitted, glancing guiltily at Sajah. «I'm glad you kept her safe. It is just in my nature to worry where there is no need for it. Don't even bother with the floors, it's not like she's made much damage yet anyways.»

But speaking of that, since the air was clear with Sajahka now, Leukos turned his attention to the tiny elephant in the room.

“If you try holding still and saying his name a bit more calmly, he'll come to you,” he said, stepping over to her. He reached up, and after snapping his fingers together, Kyro dropped to cling to his arm. Leukos then offered the reptile for Naz to take, peace offering in hand. “You aren't allergic to anything, are you Naz?”

[3/10]

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:43 pm
It didn’t help that Sajah knew Naz was a thief, at least when pressed. It was how they had met, after all, and other than just ‘dirty’, if some item or coin of theirs went missing—he likely wouldn’t have been too surprised, much as he hated to admit it even to himself. So it was not as though Leukos’ concerns, spoken and unspoken, were not understood. He knew Leukos had valid concerns woven in with things he didn’t think were as important.

But in the end, all of it mattered less than this.

He had weighed those factors already, and while on the one hand, he hoped Naz would behave herself, even if she didn’t, they would manage without struggle. They were not wealthy by any stretch of the word, but they both had steady employment that wasn’t going anywhere, and their standard of living would not be drastically affected — or likely affected at all, hardly — by whatever the child might scurry off with. Until then, however, he was going to hope for the best and keep an eye on her.

As Leukos went over to speak with her, though, he moved towards their minute kitchen space, and began washing and cutting their meat.

Naz, for her part, blinked and glanced back when she was addressed, and quieted instead, watching with solid interest as he snapped, and—she made an excited noise as Kyro dropped, before quickly tempering herself. “Ooooh,” she said softly as the beast was offered over, and took him up readily with the care one might expect of a child being given the chance to carry an infant. “Hullo, Kyro…” At the question, she gave a quick shake of her head, stroking him. “I think I c’n eat anything.” After saying so, though, her eyes began wandering the place in full for the first time. “D’ you live here by yourself?”

Obviously the two of them called it home together, but it still seemed like a lot of nice space for just two people.

“It’s so clean…”  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:38 pm

User Image
Kyro shifted in her tiny arms in an attempt to get a solid perch, and after it became clear she was not going to be dropping him, rested his chin on her shoulder, chirping contently. He was an easy to please creature~

Leukos made a mental note at her answer, which he had suspected anyways, but still felt inclined to clarify, just in case. He didn't want a puffy, gasping child at their dinner table; that would spoil any meal he might make, and would be an unpleasant experience for all involved.

At her question however, that he did not expect, tipping his head in surprise. “Of course I don't live here alone; this is Sajah's home too. We're renting the place together.”

And yes, it was very clean - a detail Leukos was proud of - and raised an obvious point. “I just got finished cleaning before you two arrived. There was not much to do; I would throttle Sajah if he made a mess of the place, but lucky for him-” He looked up across the room at his lover, smirking. “He is a pretty neat fellow; he cleans up after himself.”

“Which brings us to you, little miss,” he said, looking down again at Naz. “If you're going to be eating here with us at our table, you're going to have to take a bath. That is simply not up for debate, so don't even try.”

[4/10]

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:21 pm
Nazumi blinked, and then visibly beamed as the alol settled at her shoulder, practically aglow with satisfaction that he had accepted her attention. Her eyes peeked towards Sajah at the comment, and she nodded. “Just you two I meant…you gotta lotta space. It’s nice. And it smells nice…”

It went without saying that it was nicer than where she lived. But, more than that, while it was not ‘fancy’ — she had never witnessed fancy in person, but had some idea that it involved much more extravagance — her favorite part was that it simply felt happier here. And didn’t reek of sickness. Sometimes it felt like anger and sadness had seeped into the walls in the other places she resided, and thus she avoided them for as substantial periods of time as she could manage. It wasn’t the same here. She imagined you might even want to come home to here, if this was home.

Sajah, after finishing his task with the meat, cleaned his hands and approached as a bath was mentioned. An unsurprising prerequisite, coming from Leu. It didn’t stop Naz’s initial squint, however, as her little mind clearly buzzed in its attempt to process ‘don’t even try’ and weigh whether or not argument was worth it despite all. In the end, she scoffed lightly, mumbling, but without much fire to the words.

“I’ll only get dirty again…” She was already looking about, though, and Sajah helpfully pointed towards the bathroom, which she eyed for a moment before glancing toward the kitchen, and back up to Leu with a hopeful curiosity. “What’s for dinner? Are you makin’ it yourself? Can I help?”

Behind them, Sajah snorted, and moved to begin filling her a tub and double-check that a towel would be available for her. When he returned, he bumped Leu’s hip lightly and notched his head. «The tub will be ready in a moment…remind me after we eat that there is something I need to speak with you about. Nothing you need to be concerned about now, but…you should be informed just the same.»

“Does Kyro take baths…?” Naz asked meanwhile, taking two small steps towards the bathroom as she peered that way and not yet releasing her hold on the alol.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:01 pm

User Image
Naz's attempts to change the subject were a valiant effort, but were met with little success. Leukos was glad to see that Sajah was supporting him on this regard, doing his part to get the process going. Well, at least doing it on his own without Leu telling him to: which he would have, if Sajah had not gone into action without instruction. Because this was non negotiable. And as a bit of a pleasant surprise, Naz did not seem opposed to the task anyways.

He'd have tossed her in there himself kicking and screaming if she had tried putting up a fight. This current situation was much preferred.

“You may get dirty again, but at least for tonight, we'll be able to see if there is a little girl living under all that grime. Who knows, she might even be cute~” Leukos said, shrugging with a grin. “And she'll just have to wait to find out what's for dinner. Maybe there will be something you can help out with at the tail end. We'll just have to see.”

Leu looked Saj's way as he vied for his attention, curiosity cautiously piqued. “Thank you. I'll try to remember,” he said, ushering their ward towards the bathroom. The way Sajah said it had him sensing it was going to be something serious, but hopefully, not something too distressing. Maybe it was good news. It could be anything really, he'd just have to see.

“Would you get one of your shirts out for her, preferably one that runs tighter on you, and more like a tunic? Something with a narrow neckline. And a scarf…but none of the good ones in the red box, look in my top drawer, okay?” Leukos said to Sajah, directing Naz into the room as he started pulling supplies out. A fine tooth comb, terry cloth, pomous stone…all the things she'd need for a thorough cleaning. The tub was filling up nicely, steam wafting around the small space like fat little clouds. He set a bar of soap on the counter, tapping thoughtfully.

“If you focus on getting yourself clean, and he's only there as company…then I don't see why Kyro can't join you. He likes water well enough, but don't dunk him: he might get suds in his eyes. Let him do what he wants, and he'll be the happiest.”

[5/10]

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:06 pm
Naz huffed softly to herself, still skeptical—but it did seem clear that Leukos’ mind was made up, and his mate was cooperating in the effort, which left her no choice. Fortunately, she wasn’t opposed to water — that much had been demonstrated already — she just wasn’t sure what the point of it all was when it seemed so temporary. But maybe, like having a clean house, having clean skin would feel alright.

And it would probably smell better, if the way Leukos smelled all the time was any indication.

Strange, but pleasant. If smells could be pretty, she was fairly certain Leukos smelled pretty on a regular basis. As she made her way into the bathing space, though, she found she could only stare, mouth making a little ‘o’ of surprise. There were- “So many things…” she blurted, mostly all arranged on the small shelving boards over the sink basin, but some decorating the wall by the wash tub. Brushes and pads and too many little bottles to make sense of all of them. “How much stuff-”

Her eyes flit abruptly to the water, though, squinting with new suspicion at the billows coming off of it, and how warm the room was.

“Is it hot?” ‘Baths’ in her experience were wet dunks into a basin of cold water after which she was instructed to scrub her fingers as viciously through her hair as she could to ‘try to get some of that grime out before we have to cut it all off.’ This looked like it would be a much more involved process. At Leukos’ comment to Sajah, however, she still managed the briefest amused look. “It’s ‘cause his clothes are smaller, huh?”

Sajah for his part ignored the side commentary, instead stepping out to fetch what was asked. At least he did now have a suitable selection, and the more ‘tightly fitting’ among his garments were mostly selected by Leukos, so they were new, and of good quality. Anything that would suffice as a dress on her would likely work, so he went with that aim in mind, plucking something out, before heading to Leukos’ drawer and fiddling through for something from there, too.

While Naz might have been guarded at one point initially, her initial ‘secret’ was long since blown and she had already been to the beach with this pair, so it was only a matter of finding a suitable spot to temporarily set Kyro before wriggling out of her grunge wear—and then squinting again suspiciously at the tub which definitely radiated heat.

“It’s gonna cook me…”  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:19 pm

User Image
Leukos kept his amused grin to himself as Sajahka departed to retrieve clothes for the girl. It was made all the more humorous by the fact that she was correct: it's because Saj was smaller. Significantly. And while it would have been nice to see her in some of Leukos’ more vibrant shirts, Sajahka's subdued pallet would probably be less overwhelming. He liked everything more simple. And would probably not cry when she left with the garment, as there was no way Leukos was letting her leave in the same disgusting collection of rags she has shown up in. Not after they'd taken the time to clean her up.

In fact, that detail might need some clarifying, as it might not have been something Sajah even considered while making his selection.

“Saj, make sure you don't pick anything too…flashy. One of your regular work shirts should be fine,” Leukos called over the running water. He resisted the urge to say ‘please don't give her one of your nice shirts’, as that might come across as rather…insulting. He probably got the idea.

Leukos leaned over the tub, dunking his fingers as Naz voiced her concerns. He was tempted to act as though his hand had been scalded beyond repair…but that might only make her embittered, which would just make everything harder. No, sincerity would be best.

“It's at a very nice temperature right now; if I didn't have food cooking, I'd be tempted to kick you out of here and steal this bath for myself,” he teased, turning the knob until the water shut off. “But alas, I do. So you'll just have to enjoy it yourself: in.” Leukos patted the rim, pointing into the tub with an air of finality. Kyro climbed up the side, making a lap around the perimeter as he inquisitively sniffed at the liquid filled vessel, rubbing his cheek on Leukos’ hand as he came back around.

[6/10]

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:14 pm
Sajah, still in their room and having just made his selection from Leu’s scarves, blinked at the further instruction. Nothing too ‘flashy?’ A work shirt. Were they going to permanently gift over this ‘outfit?’ He supposed it would have been strange to put her in something clean and then force her to re-dress before returning home, so he glanced down to what he had selected of his own things and — well, perhaps he would like to have that particular one again later, so — heeding Leu’s warning, he returned to shift and replace with something more disposable. It wasn’t as though he was finicky with what he wore, and if necessary he could have given up on anything in his closet.

But, some things had been gifts and by virtue of that were more important to him, and others, even if they had been purchased on his own coin, were often there thanks part to Leu’s input. So, Naz could settle for something simply clean and comfortable that wouldn’t be missed.

Meanwhile, Naz watched Leu test the water, and then eyed as Kyro skittered around the tub’s rim—that was encouraging, at least. So, tentatively she dipped a finger. “Tchh…” It was hot. But, perhaps not unbearably so, if he insisted it was alright.

Thus, very carefully, she edged a toe, foot, leg in, hissing and then wriggling her toes at the foot of the tub. It was certainly a new concept, but not wholly unpleasant, particularly after her skin began to adjust. She shifted more in, and eventually down. “HHHHhhhhhhn…”

Sajah dropped his selection on sink-side table as he entered, sending one amused glance to the faces Naz was making as she adjusted to the idea of hot water before tapping a finger lightly to Leu’s shoulder. «Well, she is not melting…were you intending to send her home with these?»  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:28 pm

User Image
Rolling his eyes at the girl's theatrics, Leukos took up the bar of soap and the wash cloth, dunking it in the water to get a nice thick lather on the fabric. He looked up at Sajahka, nodding before getting back to work. “Those are going to be Naz's clothes for the evening, and then she can keep them afterwards. It wouldn't make sense for her to get back into the dirty ones when she goes home.”

He handed the soapy cloth to Naz, smiling. “Don't worry about giving them back, alright? They're yours now; it's a gift from Saj and I. Try not to ruin them too fast~” And then he got onto his knees, vigorously scrubbing his sudsy fingers onto her scalp. “Now wipe off your face and neck with that while I get your hair. And then work on your shoulders, the soap is sitting right here at the side. Sajah, could you toss her old clothes into the waste basket?”

Despite any squirming, he kept at his task, tutting under his breath as he encountered a fair collection of knots and matting. The water was already getting murkier, and they had barely even started. “I swear, does your mother ever make you bathe, Gods above-” And then a sharp intake of breath as he caught movement of something tiny in amongst the suds, scrambling for his comb as he hunted the ******** down. And any of his friends that might be hiding in the tangled mess.

[7/10]

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:27 pm
“Mm.” Sajah nodded and eyed the procession. The girl certainly didn’t look especially accustomed to warm water, based on her initial expressions, but she did seem to adjust fairly quickly, with just some minimal squawking as Leu’s fingers first worked into her hair.

It was so tangled, it must have rivaled his own when he’d first made it out.

In the water, Naz burbled, and squinted upwards at Leu with a wet puff. “Oi—thank you…? What am I gettin-?” She managed to peek before scrunching her eyes shut at water and soap, and then splashed some onto her face to clear it. “Oooh, clothes! But what are y’ doing with my other-”

Sajah picked up the girl’s ratted clothing without a word, despite her background objections, and tossed them into the waste.

“I don’t got so many more o’ those as you—” She tossed a new look at Leu. “Not so often. Only when she says I smell too bad. But we don’t gotta tub like this, she just puts me in a bucket and dumps the water on my head, and tells me to scub my skin real good.” Obediently, though, after one more fleeting glance to Kyro and the waste basket with her clothes, Naz began cleaning her face with the damp washrag, and then around her neck and behind wiggling ears. The warm water was strange still, but certainly not unpleasant, and she could even say it wasn’t so bad as her toes stretched beneath the surface.

Sajahka caught sight of the sudden moment of tension in Leu and attentive search to follow, and grunted. «Does she have fleas?» It might, on second thought, be a good idea to take all the waste out now, in case any of her hair or body critters had made it onto the clothing. They didn’t really need it in the house any longer than necessary. He remembered an outbreak of bugs among his slave ranks—it had lead to everyone having their hair chopped and ordered through daily baths with a stinging soap to purge them, as the Masters hadn’t wanted to catch anything by exposure. He could only imagine they must have been a worse thing to deal with the more hair and the less you were ready to be rid of it all.  
◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff