Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:51 pm
Eurig was so dead when he got home.

He should have been back to the tavern hours ago with his mother's hammer, but the teen had chosen to dawdle in the village instead. It was so rare that he got out on his own that he selfishly wanted to take full advantage of it. An afternoon where he wasn't being pushed to train or study, asked to watch his younger siblings, doing some sort of chore...It was almost too good to be true.

Ujana had just asked him to pick up the weapon from the smith and nothing more. He was supposed to make sure it was fully repaired after her latest fight, pay the craftsman, and head home....Now he was looking over a stall of pretty, spiraled matorian sea glass with wide, hapless eyes. It was just so amazing to think that something like this was formed in nature, without any hands to shape it.

Gently, he lowered the massive weapon to the ground and picked up a piece. It fit in his palm easily, and as splintered as the design was, it was as lovely as any flower to the boy.

The vender, upon seeing his interest, moved a little closer. He was a portly shifter, one known for selling 'exotic' wares, but his prices had always been so high that Eurig was told to stay away. Naturally on his own 'day off' he'd sought the swindler out. "Amazing piece, that; easily worth more than you can afford."

Eurig bristled for a moment before taking a deep breath and setting the glass back onto the stall's chipped wooden top. "Humor me. How much is it?"

The shifter stroked his lower, ill defined jaw and looked Eurig over. Whatever he was searching for wasn't there, apparently, because he kept up the search until the noticed the hammer leaned up against the side of his stall. "How about a trade? A rare, lovely piece of sea glass for that old, beaten hammer?"

"Not a chance." Even if it wasn't his mother's Eurig wouldn't have given up something he knew to hold value for something as base as glass. It was lovely, sure, but it didn't do anything and it was definitely something he could have lived without. Scrunching his features, he bent to pick up the heavier weapon, and with a grunt, shifted it's weight to his shoulder before moving onto another stall.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:02 pm
What she wouldn't give to be back in Oba by now. Her journey North from the tropics and desert had not achieved anything. Masika had not found her mother as she set out to do and she hadn't been able to find the courage to cross to the isles to ask about her. And somehow along the way she had lost her pretty dress and was now walking around in nothing more than a mock version of princess jasmine's outfit. A much better shade of teal and slightly see through fabric though instead of the heavy stuff.

With a sigh the hybrid moved along through the town she'd come across and eventually found the market. If she was lucky then she might be able to find something pretty to cheer her up. So Masika walked along and gazed at the various stalls and their wares.

She had little interest in the weapons that were displayed for sale since she was a magic user. Not to mention she already had a set of runes. They were old and a little scratched up but she likes them. Masika wasn't going to exchange them anytime soon. When she came upon a stall that had some things that looked to be from Matori she paused and took a closer look. What seemed to interest her the most were the beads. Sea glass and pearls of all colors.

((Edited and added a little. <3 ))  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:05 pm
Eurig was close enough the sea glass vendor to tell tell when someone else dared stop by to look at his overpriced goods. For the most part he gave it little thought; just a vague awareness of another body close to him, shopping with funds he didn't have. Maybe they would be able to appreciate the spikes of natural beauty left behind in those storms, but a spike of bitterness left Eurig with the truth; that no one would be able to love them like he did. Maybe, just maybe, when he got back home he could convince his mother to 'hire' him. Surely he was old enough to work in a tavern by now?

The shop owner, having gotten rid of the little leafling brat, turned his attention to the newcomer. "Pretty little baubles, aren't they? Just be careful not to touch what you aren't prepared to pay for."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:18 pm
Painted Moose

When she heard the vendor tell her not to touch what she wasn't prepared to pay for she looked up at him. "Excuse me?" Masika wasn't used to such statements since none of the shopkeepers in Oba were so rude. They were pushy for sure but they never said anything close to what she just heard. "Why would I pay for such things when I can have all I want when I return home?" Giving the man a stern look she turned away from his stall and moved along. Clearly her money was better spent elsewhere.

After taking a deep breath she decided to look for something better to wear than what she had on. If she wanted to make the trip back south then she wanted something that would cover her skin and protect it from the sun. In the tropics she didn't need to cover up. The heat was too moist for all that. Masika wasn't all that fond on the jungle. She preferred the beach.

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:28 am
Heras Box

Why would I pay for such things when I can have all I want when I return home?

It was difficult not to hear something like that. Eurig lifted his head and caught sight of the hybrid as she stalked away from the sea glass vendor's stall. The man himself seemed smug, prideful even, now that he'd gotten rid of two unwanted customers which caused Eurig's lips to pinch. He was used to being pushed to the side, but that didn't mean he cared for it to happen to others. There was just no call for it.

He moved to follow after her, and when he came close Eurig hesitated. What was he supposed to say? It wasn't his place to apologize for a grown man, something his mother had reminded him more than once.

"Some adults are better at being brats than their own kids."

"Ex-excuse me? Miss?" He couldn't fully look at her, and it wasn't because of her mixed blood. Rather, in his adolescence, Eurig was struggling to look any girl in the eye. "I hear what happened, and I just want you to know he didn't do it because of your....because....well, he did it to me too so I know he's not fond of anyone who isn't a shifter."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:02 am
Painted Moose
Sorry it took so long!!

She heard someone calling for her attention and it made her pause for a moment before turning. Masika only half turned so that she could see who it was that was speaking to her, but when she noticed it was a young man from the leaf tribe she turned fully to face him. "I see. Well, I've dealt with worse in Oba. There are some there that will chase you off with a stick." Of course none of those were near where she lived but she had seen them. Still, most of the sellers in Oba wanted the money to buy status more than they wanted exclusive clientele.

After a small breath she gave the young man a smile to show she was not displeased with him. After all he hadn't been the one who had told her not to touch things. "Thank you for the reassurance." Masika lifted her right hand and held it out in front of her, though it was facing down in a relaxed position, waiting for him to take it. The hybrid figured she might as well introduce herself to the kind gentleman.

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces