30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:35 pm
Username: FrostyPeaches
Kin I'm entering for: buck 4
Kin name: Extrasensory
Entry: He was born different, attractive and pleasing to the eyes, but actually lacking a lot of things compared to his siblings. While they can run around and chase each other, he was unable to hear well or see well, making it seem like he was a slow learner. The scents that his nose and tastebuds picks up often times do not work good together either, making it that much harder for him to find and eat something sweet. But he never once falls behind the pack playing with his siblings. Whenever he needed to find one of them, he would shut off all senses, and use his gift to detect them. He didn't even have to touch and feel around to know where they're at, and would almost always proudly walk forward right towards them with a smile.

Kin I'm entering for: doe 3
Kin name: Tousled
Entry: She tried to meet them as soon as she could, getting cuts and scrapes on her legs as she ran through the field. She arrived looking like a mess, her face flushed red, her hair all tousled. But she stood there, presenting herself nonetheless. 'Sorry that i'm late, i overslept.'

Kin I'm entering for: zikwa 5
Kin name: Stumble
Entry: Even with closed eyes, she will not stumble.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:44 pm
Username: fluorescein
Kin I'm entering for: doe 3
Kin name:Old Terror
Entry:

May the MotherFather help any kin who was told to "Eat [their] words" by a spry urchin of a female acha. Mischief-making at its finest, loose lips and humor were the preferred currency for her.

Username: fluorescein
Kin I'm entering for: buck 1
Kin name: Grit
Entry: It was the often the grit of sand that polished off a piece of wood, pretty stone or even bone to make something really shine. But it was the strength of a thousand ancient stars coursing through his old blood that gave the buck the temerity and spunk to achieve his dreams and boy did he ******** sparkle.  

fluorescein
Crew

space crawfish

Salty Garbage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:24 pm
OK WOW a lot of things happened, including my sinuses attempting to leave my face. First things first...

THANK YOU
to everyone who entered!

As usual, everyone tried to kill me with amazing entries. Every single year I wanna give something to everyone just because they're so good. I reaaallly agonized over some of these entries. gonk I was going back and forth, second guessing myself, closing and re-reading, thinking, and wavering. I hope that all of them end up getting used to make kin. There's so much creativity here that I'm blown away by it.

As per shop standards, I'll be posting for certs for the whole clutch. Crawfish winners can post for a cert whenever the fancy strikes them!

For people who win kin, please PM me with an address so I can mail your art out to you. I am going to be laminating these guys tonight, so they should be going out within the next day or two via USPS.

"shut up, craw, we wanna know who won" xd

And the winners are...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Prolixity
Username: Prolixity
Kin I'm entering for: buck 1
Kin name: A Map Of The Heart
Entry:

Here in the soft dark,
here in the center of everything,
here where the paths the heartbeat travels cross,
here is where you are,
here the numinous you;

the breathing silence,
the knowing sideways look at nobody,
the closed eye and the open eye,
the breath that is not quite laughter;

here is who you are and what,
the ecstatic celebration of all you are,
an abstract definition made flesh:

a map of the heart.

I loved the poem for this entry. It's so alive, breathing, moving. It seemed to fit him perfectly.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

phoenix kiss
Username: phoenix kiss
Kin I'm entering for: zikwa 2
Kin name: Red Tide
Entry: Rafting in on the tide, eyes staring up into the bright white sky, ears clogged with water until they were filled with the raucous cries of seagulls, he came into awareness. All around him the water was red, like blood or marrow, and he wondered at it. It was as red and warm as the womb as he drifted in against the beach, with the slow scrape of sand against his flank. And then he suddenly spilled out of his sac in a wash of red fluid, blinking awake as he came to rest against the soft brown ground.

This entry turned something normally associated with death and poison into joy and life. The double-meaning of the name combined with the kin appearance totally got me.

As if I even care
Username: As if I even care
Kin I'm entering for: Doe 3
Kin name: Wrought
Entry: "Listen," they said, "and follow."
As any good kid would, I did.
I bent myself to their will.
My thoughts shaped by their narrow perspectives.
I was defined by their predilections, but no more.
They'll learn what they've wrought.

There's an iron will in this one. It's so ominous, but overflows with strength and purpose. Strife builds character, and it sounds like she's had a lot of it. this name and short story tells of the past and the future at the same time.

Gl!tch~
Username: Gl!tch~
Kin I'm entering for: Buck 4
Kin name: Follow
Entry:
"Follow," they always said, making him huff. A name from a dream, the only time he could see. A name he gave himself. Foolish. Every day he grew more bitter. A command of a name. And with his lack of sight, what else would anyone expect he be able to do?

For a zikwa, being born without eyes was so normal it was second nature. Himself? Left with a challenge, and embarrassment. But he didn't want others to help, to pity him for his unusual existence.

He would have to prove that.

As his name was called again, he pushed past, feeling the body beside him and hearing them cry out in surprise.

"That's me," he said. "Follow," he commanded.

I never really thought about how tough it would be for a blind non-zikwa kin before I started reading everyone's entries. I loved how creative they were with trying to figure out how blind Acha would survive. It would be so easy for him to be led and cared for but so hard to forge his own path. He chose to lead.

Ruriska
Username: Ruriska
Kin I'm entering for: zikwa 5
Kin name: Empty Skin
Entry:

They welcomed her into the family.

They were Zikwa like herself and she had sought them out in longing for the warmth and knowledge they so readily offered. They were gentle with her, told her stories of their kind, taught her their songs, kept her warm at night. Everything she had thought she had wanted.

It should have been enough.

But it wasn’t.

They gathered together, voices rising as one.

Her own was amongst them but it wasn’t the same. It wasn’t right. There was an hollow place inside her that she had wanted them to fill but not even this would make her whole. She didn’t belong here.

Empty Skin left them in the night.

Alone again, stumbling in the dark, a chasm inside, searching endlessly.

This creeped me out so much. Zikwa are already so supernatural, wrinkly, and fleshy. The name reflected a physical appearance and the story told her own inner driving forces, compelling her to leave and seek within the darkness. I loved it.

THERE'S ALSO SOME MUD BUGS~

Scaramouche Fandango
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Scara I loved your entries, they were so good! Please please use them in the future to get some awesome rad kin!

Eevee Is Best

Eevee, your entries were awesome stories. The ideas behind them were super good, and I especially enjoyed the cantankerous 'ghost' that tried to keep all the kids off his lawn.

medigel

Your bouncy, peppy poem is so good, especially for an acha! It's too good not to use in the future!  
Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff