BLACK CIRCUS 2018: BIG TOP SCAVENGER HUNT

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your Little Phony
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

. HALLOWEEN 2018: BIG TOP ACTS - SCAVENGER HUNT CONTEST & FREE RAFFLE .

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Earth with Phonywear & Facepaint ♀ Acrobat
Draft Earth with Moustache, Phonywear & Facepaint ♂ Armstrong

Complete as many as you'd like (up to 20) for 1 ticket per task, in whatever order you like.

For any mentioned media (images, videos, etc), unless specified otherwise, you are free to provide your own or Google 'em.
The 'you' in these tasks can be yourself (a human, presumably) or a Phony (you own, or a Phonysona I guess but seriously)

The overall contest winner gets first pick, while the remaining Phony will be raffled off with each task as a ticket.
Only someone who completes all 20 tasks of the scavenger hunt can win the contest, but each completed task is counted as 1 ticket.
- so even if you only post for the initial ticket, and/or a few tasks, you're still in the running for the raffle.

If you're joining the contest, remember that entries will be judged according to how cohesive and enriching
the full set of completed tasks is.

Post your master post with following code in this thread, and edit your entries in as you go:

Quote:
[ USERNAME ] IS RINGSIDE!
Preference List: [ acrobat girl . armstrong boy - you may list one, or both, but you must have a preference. ]

. SCAVENGER HUNT LIST .
1. Oh boy, the circus! How did you find out the circus was in town? Embed an image here.

2. What are you most looking forward to seeing or buying? Embed a video or gif here.

3. You and your local circus and Halloween stans are meeting up for the night out!
What accessory do you and your fellow 'Weenies wear to identify each other? Take your own photo and embed it here!

4. You've all met up and are browsing the Midway. What's the first thing you eat? Embed an image here.

5. Time to test your strength! Roll a d20 dice to see how well you did (1 - worst, 20 - you ring the bell) and roleplay your amazing/tragic/average attempt to hit the bell with a swing of your hammer.

6. Either out of pity or achievement, you've won a plushie. Take your own photo of the plushie and embed it here!

7. You wander into the hall of mirrors, carrying your plushie. It's all fun and games until you turn the corner, and see something horrifying in the mirror. What is it?! Doodle it and embed it here!

8. You are lost in terror, before the sound of faint music leads you in what you hope is the right direction. Embed the music you hear here!

9. To your relief, it leads you out, and to the Big Top! You quickly fumble your ticket out of your wallet, only - it's not your ticket. What is it? Doodle it, or take your own photo, and embed it here!

10. It was awkward, but you found it. The show has started, which act is on right now? Embed a video here.

11. The acrobat comes on, and you're awed by her skill. You gape as she contorts into the shape of a - what is it again? Embed an image here!

12. Halfway through her unravelling, you see something in the rafters of the Big Top. What - what is it? Describe it in a haiku.

13. It makes you dizzy. You slump against your chair, and accidentally drop your phone through the stands because you bought cheap seats.
You gotta get it back - besides it being really expensive, it has an image on it you don't want anyone else to see. Embed your own image here.

14. During intermission, you scramble down to look for your phone. The circus orphans are playing with it because you don't use a passcode! How do you convince them to give it back?

15. Your phone is returned, along with at least 50 new photos. As you delete them, you see...take your own photo and embed it here.

16. Delete, and DELETE FOREVER. You return to your seat, and your plushie is sitting there with a new friend?! What or who is it? Embed a gif here!

17. You really liked that plushie, but that's just not gonna work out. You watch the rest of the acts, and take solace in this cute trained Phony Pet act near the end. Embed an animal gif here.

18. As you stumble out of the top, the place seems hazy. The lights of the carousel shine and call to you. What do you choose to ride on this carousel? Embed an image here.

19. It starts slow, but speeds up. Everything around is a blur. In a moment of primal fear, you cry out with a plea: what is it?

20. You wake in an open field, with no evidence of the circus, but the lingering notes of a song in your head to remind you of the wild - dream? you had. What is it? Embed the music here.

Total tickets: [ Please update this as you go along! We will not update your ticket total for you (but please don't falsify anything either D8 ) so make sure you do! ]

[b][color=red][size=24][ USERNAME ] IS RINGSIDE![/size][/color][/b]
[b]Preference List:[/b] [ acrobat girl . armstrong boy - you may list one, or both, but you [i]must[/i] have a preference. ]

[b]. SCAVENGER HUNT LIST .[/b]
1. Oh boy, the circus! How did you find out the circus was in town? Embed an image here.
2. What are you most looking forward to seeing or buying? Embed a video or gif here.
3. You and your local circus [i]and[/i] Halloween stans are meeting up for the night out! What accessory do you and your fellow 'Weenies wear to identify each other? Take your own photo and embed it here!
4. You've all met up and are browsing the Midway. What's the first thing you eat? Embed an image here.
5. Time to [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_striker]test your strength[/url]! Roll a d20 dice to see how well you did (1 - worst, 20 - you ring the bell) and roleplay your amazing/tragic/average attempt to hit the bell with a swing of your hammer.
6. Either out of pity or achievement, you've won a plushie. Take your own photo of the plushie and embed it here!
7. You wander into the hall of mirrors, carrying your plushie. It's all fun and games until you turn the corner, and see something horrifying in the mirror. What is it?! Doodle it and embed it here!
8. You are lost in terror, before the sound of faint music leads you in what you hope is the right direction. Embed the music you hear here!
9. To your relief, it leads you out, and to the Big Top! You quickly fumble your ticket out of your wallet, only - it's not your ticket. What is it? Doodle it, or take your own photo, and embed it here!
10. It was awkward, but you found it. The show has started, which act is on right now? Embed a video here.
11. The acrobat comes on, and you're awed by her skill. You gape as she contorts into the shape of a - what is it again? Embed an image here!
12. Halfway through her unravelling, you see something in the rafters of the Big Top. What - what is it? Describe it in a haiku.
13. It makes you dizzy. You slump against your chair, and accidentally drop your phone through the stands because you bought cheap seats. You gotta get it back - besides it being really expensive, it has an image on it you don't want anyone else to see. Embed your own image here.
14. During intermission, you scramble down to look for your phone. The circus orphans are playing with it because you don't use a passcode! How do you convince them to give it back?
15. Your phone is returned, along with at least 50 new photos. As you delete them, you see...take your own photo and embed it here.
16. Delete, and DELETE FOREVER. You return to your seat, and your plushie is sitting there with a new friend?! What or who is it? Embed a gif here!
17. You really liked that plushie, but that's just not gonna work out. You watch the rest of the acts, and take solace in this cute trained Phony Pet act near the end. Embed an animal gif here.
18. As you stumble out of the top, the place seems hazy. The lights of the carousel shine and call to you. What do you choose to ride on this carousel? Embed an image here.
19. It starts slow, but speeds up. Everything around is a blur. In a moment of primal fear, you cry out with a plea: what is it?
20. You wake in an open field, with no evidence of the circus, but the lingering notes of a song in your head to remind you of the wild - dream? you had. What is it? Embed the music here.

[b]Total tickets:[/b] [ Please update this as you go along! We will not update your ticket total for you (but please don't falsify anything either D8 ) so make sure you do! ]

Ticket Price - FREE

. Contest & Ticket-Claiming Instructions .
♥ We will be accepting entries and vending tickets until 11.59pm PST, 18th November 2018
- you may revise your task content any time before the deadline.
♥ Please ensure you have a preference list, or your entries and tickets will be disqualified.
♥ You cannot choose the ticket numbers as we are recording them down in the order they are posted.
♥ At the end of the period, we will judge the entries and pick a winner!
- Judging will take some time, so please be patient.
♥ After the 1st contest winner, we will roll for the 2nd winner.
♥ Winners will be announced in-thread and quoted.

theCorniest rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:16 pm
THECORNIEST IS RINGSIDE!
Preference List: armstrong boy, acrobat girl

. SCAVENGER HUNT LIST .
1. Oh boy, the circus! How did you find out the circus was in town?

2. What are you most looking forward to seeing or buying?

3. You and your local circus and Halloween stans are meeting up for the night out! What accessory do you and your fellow 'Weenies wear to identify each other? Take your own photo and embed it here!
4. You've all met up and are browsing the Midway. What's the first thing you eat?

5. Time to test your strength!
I don't mean to brag, but even though I don't work out, my broad and tall build tends to cut a pretty intimidating figure - or it would, if I wasn't always so self-effacingly cheerful and polite. As it stands, my friends and family know that I'm someone that can be relied on to do some heavy lifting. Therefore, I felt that I had earned the right to swagger up to the Test Your Strength game when my crowd of cronies ambled by its patch of midway. With a winsome smile, I bantered with the attendant as we exchanged the requisite fee for the mallet. I rolled my shoulders and stretched my back as I swung the hammer back, popping the cartilage in my spine. I leaned back on one foot and then swing the hammer overhead at arm's length, putting the full force of my body into the blow...

... and the head sailed clean off the handle, striking the edge of the backboard as it tumbled through space before tumbling across the cloth roof of the adjoining booth. The wooden handle clattered onto the target ineffectually, and nobody moved for just a moment. A confused exclamation from next aisle over as the hammer head fell broke the tableau, and everyone broke out in laughter of various tones of abandon and contrition. By way of apology, I was given one of the small prizes for the booth and sent on my way, stepping again into the anonymity of my giggling group.

13. It makes you dizzy. You slump against your chair, and accidentally drop your phone through the stands because you bought cheap seats. You gotta get it back - besides it being really expensive, it has an image on it you don't want anyone else to see. Embed your own image here.

Total tickets: 4  

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

Chrystali rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:52 pm
[ CHRYSTALI ] IS RINGSIDE!
Preference List: acrobat girl . armstrong boy

. SCAVENGER HUNT LIST .
"Don't tell anyone, but I totally stole it and hung it up in my room--"
"Food. Food. Please, all the food -- ahem." I cough, politely wiping my mouth with a napkin.
3. You and your local circus and Halloween stans are meeting up for the night out! What accessory do you and your fellow 'Weenies wear to identify each other? Take your own photo and embed it here!
"Three skulls in plain view! I'm wearing my favorite cat fur covered hat~"
"It's all about the pretzels! They totally set the tone for the rest of the cuisine. Too burned? Too salty? Unacceptable! But a perfect pretzel? You're in for a real treat!"
5. Time to test your strength! Roll a d20 dice to see how well you did (1 - worst, 20 - you ring the bell) and roleplay your amazing/tragic/average attempt to hit the bell with a swing of your hammer. [Rolled: 8]
Yeah yeah yeah! I'm a unicorn, I can do this, ain't no big deal! I saunter up to the sizable stand, eyeing the game like it owes me something - and it does. That big, bean-plush unicorn that's probably slightly bigger than me. I want it. I needs it. And this hunk of metal wasn't going to stop me. Lifting the hammer with a careless flick of tail, I smirk, because...hello, I'm a unicorn, I have m a g i c. This has to be a joke, or at least something to amuse kiddies with. I heave the hammer down for show, all over-confidence and languid ease, and --

The bell scarcely moves.

I blink. Wait, it didn't move? "Hey, is this rigged?" I call out, slightly offended and entirely embarrassed.

The barker regards me with minimal interest. "Anti-nano-magic."

Oh. Oh. Of course. Why would they make it easy? I deflate visibly, humiliated and disappointed. I really wanted that unicorn plush...
The barker rolls his eyes and tosses over a small brown plush, small enough to fit in the curve of my hoof. I take a sharp, deep breath. "He's perfect, I'm naming him Brownie and I've had him for thirty seconds but if anything happens to him -- " You know how this ends.
I screech as I see...myself in an unedited mirror, full of hat-hair (with a missing hat, no less). Have you ever seen anything so horrifying?!
Tears well in my eyes. Am I afraid? Do I just really love that song? I mumble along with the lyrics as I follow the familiar rhythmic stomping. "Where the runaways are running the night - "
It's not my Big Top ticket, but every other ticket I've kept from every other excursion I've been on. What can I say? I'm sentimental. "J-just a second, I know it's here somewhere..."
The best one, of course! Horse in suit horse in suit!!
I wince, slightly hiding my face. "I don't think it's supposed to look like that..."
"Anyone see that??
Look how it moves! Serpentine!
It's looking at me --
"
I'm grateful I have a good phone that doesn't shatter like every other iPhony out there, but there are absolutely secrets that must be kept! Darkness that must not come to light! Images that don't match my InstaPham page of cute cat pictures and artsy flower shots! "Sometimes inside jokes should be left on the inside!"
I'm not proud. In fact, I'm pretty embarrassed, because despite how amazing everything has been, I've made an absolute donkey's posterior of myself whenever I had even an inkling of confidence. Tears pool in my eyes for the second time within an hour, my bottom lip quivers, the dirt streaked across my pale fur lending to my despondent appearance.

Not that it matters. They take pictures of my sorry state before they get bored and give my non-scandalous phone back to me.
I swipe through the photos and let out a sharp squawk of surprise at the grainy nightmare fuel. "NOPE NOPE NOPE --"
Will the tears ever cease? I'm not happy with how Brownie is being treated, but...he seems to like it. To each their own, I suppose...
Okay. That's. That's a little weird. Is the Phonyland Visitor the pet? Is the Phony the pet? In the Circus, does the Phony pet Visitor? "...it's a nice dance," I concede, baffled with everything else going on.
18. As you stumble out of the top, the place seems hazy. The lights of the carousel shine and call to you. What do you choose to ride on this carousel? Embed image here.
Oh. Oh oh oh they have my FAVORITE! I eagerly hop on, wrapping my arms clumsily around the slender arched neck, ignoring the stabbing press of acanthus mane. "My pretty."
19. It starts slow, but speeds up. Everything around is a blur. In a moment of primal fear, you cry out with a plea: what is it? "NOT AGAIN!"
I squint out over the field, head woozy, the taste of pretzel salt a phantom on my lips, slowly licking over it while straining to listen. "...that was the greatest show!"

Total tickets: 20/20  
The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:31 pm
THE SEMBLANCE OF UNITY IS RINGSIDE!
Preference List: acrobat, armstrong

. SCAVENGER HUNT LIST .
5. Time to test your strength! Roll a d20 dice to see how well you did (1 - worst, 20 - you ring the bell) and roleplay your amazing/tragic/average attempt to hit the bell with a swing of your hammer.

Total tickets: 0/20  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Fea Line rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:40 am
FEA LINE IS RINGSIDE!
Preference List: [ acrobat girl . armstrong boy ]

. SCAVENGER HUNT LIST .

"Interwebs! Its how I hear about anything these days anymore."

3. You and your local circus and Halloween stans are meeting up for the night out! What accessory do you and your fellow 'Weenies wear to identify each other?
Cat ears obviously!
User Image

4. You've all met up and are browsing the Midway. What's the first thing you eat?

Gotta start with the popcorn! I can't never not start with popcorn!

I honestly didn't want to do it. I'm not usually the type for this kind of circus or carnival game but my group of friends kept lightly pushing and cheering. Their playful banter did make me feel like I had to prove myself, though not quite that badly. Still. For whatever reason, I guess the fear of being a let down, I pushed myself up to the plate.

Grabbing the mallet, I stared upwards at the bell. A part of me felt like I could actually do this, I may be short and wide but I'm no weakling. Another part of me knew it probably wouldn't even budge the dingy off the ground. I don't exactly trust these games to be fair ok? Still.

Taking a couple deep breaths I prepped myself. I raised the mallet into the air and pictured in my mind how I'd strike. After more cheering and a couple seconds purposefully delaying, I finally let loose and slammed the mallet down as hard as I could. I glanced upward instantly to see how high it would go, or not go as I expected.

But I expected wrong.

The thing shot straight to the air and the bell resounded with a lound 'DIIIINNNGGGG'. Flabberghasted and in shock, I dropped the mallet and stood back, mouth open, eyes wide. My friends screamed in the background. The game master smiled and congratulated me, stepping forward to hand me my prize that I clutched in a daze. A rather wonky looking charizard plush. That was still pretty cool in its own right. Even if its head was sorta stitched on sideways.

I had a smile for the whole rest of the day!

It's that Charizard!
User Image

7. You wander into the hall of mirrors, carrying your plushie. It's all fun and games until you turn the corner, and see something horrifying in the mirror. What is it?!
A GIANT MONST.....wait...its just Armstrong enjoying his reflection....
User Image

8. You are lost in terror, before the sound of faint music leads you in what you hope is the right direction.

9. To your relief, it leads you out, and to the Big Top! You quickly fumble your ticket out of your wallet, only - it's not your ticket. What is it?
I...wait....how did this even get in here?!
User Image

10. It was awkward, but you found it. The show has started, which act is on right now?

11. The acrobat comes on, and you're awed by her skill. You gape as she contorts into the shape of a - what is it again?

It's...uh.....painful....is what it looks like. Do they even have bones??

Old and Forgotten
A circus clown act gone wrong.
They leave him, uncaring.

13. It makes you dizzy. You slump against your chair, and accidentally drop your phone through the stands because you bought cheap seats. You gotta get it back - besides it being really expensive, it has an image on it you don't want anyone else to see.

It's uh...It's not what you think....swear....
User Image

Ohgahd they didn't....the up s--.... those pervs...WHAI.
User Image

16. Delete, and DELETE FOREVER. You return to your seat, and your plushie is sitting there with a new friend?! What or who is it?

Random Pokemon Fanatic appears!
Random Pokemon Fanatic used steal!
It's super effective!

"But that's....my chari....zard....oh whatever..."

17. You really liked that plushie, but that's just not gonna work out. You watch the rest of the acts, and take solace in this cute trained Phony Pet act near the end.

-grumps- "That was my chariz--- KITTY!!!"

18. As you stumble out of the top, the place seems hazy. The lights of the carousel shine and call to you. What do you choose to ride on this carousel?

"This kitto that looks like my kitto!"

"I'M GONNA BE SICK"

20. You wake in an open field, with no evidence of the circus, but the lingering notes of a song in your head to remind you of the wild - dream? you had. What is it?

Blue Eyed Melloon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:58 pm
[ Blue Eyed Melloon ] IS RINGSIDE!
Preference List: [ acrobat girl, armstrong boy ]

. SCAVENGER HUNT LIST .
User Image

Gus Gus found a flyer! He was covered in feathers, but I'm not gonna ask why...

User Image

Being the shortest of the group, I fully expected to fail spectacularly at the Test Your Strength. I watched two other people go, watched one hit the bell and one get close, but no ringing followed his hit. Entrusting the remainder of my funnel cake to Megan (She hates strawberries so I knew she wouldn't sneak bites of it when no one was looking), I grabbed the hammer and lifted with with a grunt. The thing was heavy! As I took my place, and
let it fall against my shoulder and swung as hard as I could...

The puck soared upwards, over the halfway line! It didn't come close to the bell, but I was happy the thing moved at all! "Oh hell yeah!" I shout, giving the hammer to the operator and turning to the group. "I moved it way more than I thought I would!"

User Image

7. You wander into the hall of mirrors, carrying your plushie. It's all fun and games until you turn the corner, and see something horrifying in the mirror. What is it?!
User Image

YOU'LL NEVER BE FREEEEEE*

*Numbers based off of my actual student loan debt crying

To The Sky- Owl City

User Image

Just...a little drawing I did..nothing to see here!

She reminds me of a bird, wings aloft. It's not the most elaborate pose; in fact, it's probably just something she does to warm up. but it still captures me.

Luminous yellow
Full moons amid the chaos
Blink, and they are gone.

User Image

When you're screwing around at work instead of taking out the trash like you should...there might be a dozen OSHA violations here. Including me standing on a ten foot tall pallet of dog food.

User Image

Much smug, so sass.

16. Delete, and DELETE FOREVER. You return to your seat, and your plushie is sitting there with a new friend?! What or who is it?

17. You really liked that plushie, but that's just not gonna work out. You watch the rest of the acts, and take solace in this cute trained Phony Pet act near the end.

18. As you stumble out of the top, the place seems hazy. The lights of the carousel shine and call to you. What do you choose to ride on this carousel?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. (I'm choosing the owl I just couldn't find an image of it by itself!)

Owl Theme- Legend of Zelda

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:31 pm
[ USERNAME ] IS RINGSIDE!
Preference List: [ acrobat girl . armstrong boy - you may list one, or both, but you must have a preference. ]

. SCAVENGER HUNT LIST .

Total tickets: [ Please update this as you go along! We will not update your ticket total for you (but please don't falsify anything either D8 ) so make sure you do! ]  
The_Great_Book_Wyrm rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:44 am
THE_GREAT_BOOK_WYRM IS RINGSIDE!
Preference List: [ armstrong boy, acrobat girl]

. SCAVENGER HUNT LIST .

User Image

A flyer happened to pass by!

The whole ambiance before the show - the build up itself, the people having fun and chatting, the lights and sounds setting the mood!

User Image

Just regular ol' black headbands because we're lazy. Mark added some sick looking cat ears to his, though, but I had no time to do so - neither did anyone else, so Mark was very pleased.

It's a tough choice between popcorn and cotton candy, but I want to start with something a little more filling!

Honestly, I've never been good at carnival games, so usually I just laugh or cheer at my friends' attempts. Sometimes, though, the competitive urge takes over, and I take my shot to the approving cheering and booing of my "opponents".

While I definitely feel a sense of overinflated self-confidence whenever competing, usually placing squarely in the middle, this time the stars align and BAM! I slam down the hammer the puck flies up and up and up!...

"AWWW, so close!!" comes a cry from all sides, but I don't care - "I won! Take THAT, Mark!" I wasn't interested in the giant monkey prize, anyway. Finally coming out on top in a competition is the sweetest reward.

Nonetheless, when the smiling operator hands me a stuffed animal, I gladly accept, and proceed to smugly rub it in the face of all my friends.

User Image

What is that??? It's cute though, I guess.

User Image

!!!!!!..........

Shoot, the show's about to start! You gotta hurry!

User Image

Oh, goddangit, knew I should have thrown it out.

They're starting out with a fire act!! Whoa!

Cliche but true. Also, now I gotta buy a pretzel...

oh blinding bright light
why must you ruin the view
for me. please stop, thank

User Image
Listen,,,, there was a reason for this!! I swear!

I ask politely, and ignore their hurtful, and frightfully accurate jabs at my person. Then I bribe them with popcorn, spending the last of my money for the evening. At least I got the phone back?

User Image
WHY???

Yeah, I'm not going to take a plushie from the most adorable dogs ever.

Ah, well, at least the plushie went to good, hardworking boys.

Okay, I'm actually a horse fan but a crocodile??? The choice is obvious.

Please don't let me be sick!!

Yeah, there's pretty much no way that tune isn't going to be constantly playing in my head for at least the next week.

But, man, did I have fun!!

The_Great_Book_Wyrm

Gallant Gawker

Ruriska rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:19 pm
RURISKA IS RINGSIDE!
Preference List: acrobat girl . armstrong boy

. SCAVENGER HUNT LIST .
User Image

User Image

Very subtle, eh?

Mmm, I love a good hotdog.
User Image

It wasn’t the least bit surprising that the puck barely moved. Despite picking up the mallet with the best intentions and striking down with what little strength I possessed, it only jolted upwards barely a pathetic inch. Anticlimactic and mortifying, the hammer heavy in my hands and the circus sounds dull in my ears.

“Oh,” I said.

If it hadn’t moved at all I could say the machine was broken but it had, and now it was still again. All my force amounted to that tiny little jump. Such a strike wouldn't have hurt a fly.

“Next!” The attendant called. I automatically offered up the hammer to the person next in line, stepping aside. My strength had been tested and I had been found lacking. Yes, it was hardly a surprise. Not with these noodle arms.

A pity rabbit but still cute!
User Image

User Image
uuugh, one of those heckin creepy teletubbies? No, thanks!

More or less terror ensues?

Oh, it's my massage loyalty card...
I'm gonna need a massage after all this. Better keep it safe.
User Image

oof yeah, I love the big wheel thing!

I think they call this 'The letter A but screaming'
User Image

I can see something!
A mysterious creature!
Oh - just a pigeon

User Image
Mr. Truck and Mrs. Peep Peep were getting married!

Apparently pathetic pleading wasn't enough and I eventually just paid them off.

User Image
so rude...

Yeah, no. There's way too much snot and drool happening right now. You keep it kid.

Heck yeah!

There's no contest. I see a dino. I ride a dino.User Image

'UUUUGHHHAAAAAAAHHH - noooooooo! I wanna stooooooop. I WANT MY MUMMMMYYY!"

Well, that was one heck of a dream!

Atmadja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:46 pm
ATMADJA IS RINGSIDE!

. SCAVENGER HUNT LIST .
User Image
what a fascinating and well-done billboard! I must go see this.

User Image
it's mesmerizing, ok?

User Image

those are... *shifty eyes*... horse ears...

User Image
try and resist this smell. But tbh, one bite and you're done.

User Image

This is me. Well, no, it's not me. It's not remotely like me. Would I even want that to be me? It's not even a picture at the carnival, just a picture I found of the same sort of setup. Because, you see, nobody took a picture of my feat of strength, and afterward my arm was too tired to take pictures of anyone else's feats of strength, be they better (they mostly were) or worse than mine.

It started out as a laugh. Look at that test of strength! We all laughed. Maybe we, our group of Phonyland-loving Phreaks (as well as That Other Theme Park Fans) would want to try it out. It was probably rigged! But now and then, they need to make it look believable...

I, Noodle Arm Supreme, went first. I lifted the hammer and was immediately concerned. It was heavy. Too heavy to swing the way I'd seen people swing before me (like the dude who was trying to actually prove his strength to his kids, or the teenage boys that took it way too seriously) were doing. If I swung overhead like that, it would fly out of my hand and strike the booth attendant phony, rendering him toothless. Or it would fall on my head. Either way, I wasn't very excited.

But I'd signed up, so I stepped up to the plate, making various cracks about my arm strength. I'd been going to the gym lately, so I figured if I made the expectations as low as possible, I might just eke out a win for myself. A moral victory, if not a real one.

With an immense grunt and a swing whichever way my arms felt were natural (I don't know what it looked like--see the above betrayal of my friends group), I smacked the target with a force that made my bones shake in my arms. My teeth bit together. I think a bead of sweat formed, but I can't be sure.

I looked up--13 out of 20! A solid win in the 'very mild wimp' category. A rush of pride soared through my veins. My arms dropped the hammer. I'd... I'd scored a completely average score.

User Image
Very Mild Wimps get these toys. I don't know what I was expecting...

User Image
I ALREADY THREW THE FUNNEL CAKE AWAY, ROBOT PLUSH!

majestic....

User Image

User Image
An extremely sexy letter T.

A ghostly presence
Some former love walks on air?
No wait--the sound guy.

User Image

"Listen u lil shits, I have the flu rn and I licked that phone like ten minutes ago. You're just scrollin' on snot and spit right now."

User Image

WHAT. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT. HOW DID I NOT FIND THAT. IS THE VENDOR UNDER MY SEAT? IT'S BEEN 15 MINUTES.

User Image

User Image

WHAT THE ******** IS THAT--

User Image
I choose YOU, majestic turkey!

DON'T PUKE THE FUNNEL CAKE--

Total tickets: [ 20 ]  

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

FrostyPeaches rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:39 pm
[ FROSTYPEACHES ] IS RINGSIDE!

. SCAVENGER HUNT LIST .

User Image

You know, I was well on my way to the farmer's market to grab some fresh organic vegetables when the corner view of my left eye could not avoid the string of creepy clown posters on the wall anymore....Is when i knew the circus was in town...i speedwalked myself away from there...now i can only prey that the little foals won't get nightly nightmares after seeing those posters.... gonk

I was never a material girl so when the stalls and karts were full of delicious tempting food -- say no more. I want to try them all, taste them all, until my tastebuds explode from flavourgasms. (or until my stomach decides to K.O. itself.....whichever happens first....)

User Image

I KNOW my friends will find me me between the groups of others wearing cat ears. Mine comes with ribbons and ringing golden bells! 8D
Got to make sure i'm the star of everywhere i go, you know? wink

User Image

Nothing says kowabunga better than gooey melty cheeeeeses.. emotion_drool Gotta start with teh safe foods first, let it digest a little in the tummy, then we go try out mystery halloween inspired menu foods.

BAM the hammer swong down!
FrostyPeaches rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

User Image

I've got challenged by my friends to play this game. I was the last one to give the hammer a swing. The hammer hilt felt rather clammy having been touched by so many before me. I focused my eyes on the little circular looking nob sticking out of the platform and swung with all the might I could muster together. I felt great slamming down sucha dangerous object. But...not surprised... it only went halfway up and immediately the weight fell back down again. I really am not myself when i'm low on sustenance. -wheeze-

User Image

So...i was rather amazed that i have won.... a... a....something? that's smiling? eek i can not even pronounce the word stamped on the box....is it a fake? whatever it is, it looks quite cute. and is safe from getting sauce getting dripped on it. alright! yum_puddi

User Image

HOLYSHET THAT THING LIVES IN THESE MIRRORS?!!??? BUT LITTLE ONES COME IN HERE TO PLAY AND LAUGH..................... emotion_jawdrop emotion_0A0 SORRY KIDDOS, I GOT TO GTFO emotion_ghost BYE

Gosh no one wanted to witness that creepy horror in the house of mirrors. I was so AFRAID. I ran..and..now..i think i'm lost? This can't be right.. Oh well.. Thank god this catchy tune is making me want to pay attention to it... I will follow my way to it... gaia_right gaia_up gaia_right gaia_down gaia_down gaia_left

User Image

Oh geebus. By the time i got in and found a seat, the current act was almost over...

User Image

I just watched in awe at how gracefully the acrobat looked, gliding through the air with nothing but her rope....

up there! watching us !
eyes glowing red, it drops down
ew! another rat!

User Image

OH NO, I HOPE NO ONE SAW MY SECRET LEISURE ACTIVITIES gonk

User Image

Oh hey, not bad at all. Those are some pretty wicked sky pictures. I'm saving these.

By this time i have already gotten attached to my new plush that i have won. but the stranger who is now sat on my seat, they erm, was having such a bad fart fest that i've decided to let them have my prize AND my spot. i will sit somewhere else >.>;;

-applauds with the rest of the crowd-

User Image

I was immediately attracted to this ride. It got class and style. The hair took my breath away. I pushed and shoved in line to make sure I can get on this particular fancypansy horse.

OHMYGODD MAKE IT STOPPPPPPPPPP I JUST ATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was it all a dream...did i have too many of those 'special brownies' they sold to me...did i even eat those..did i imagine it.. O_o;

Total tickets: [ 20 / 20 ]  
Tristam Lockhart rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:35 am
Tristam Lockhart IS RINGSIDE!
Preference List: [Armstrong, acrobat ]

. SCAVENGER HUNT LIST .
User Image

Embed a video or gif here.
3. You and your local circus and Halloween stans are meeting up for the night out! What accessory do you and your fellow 'Weenies wear to identify each other?
User Image
A little inconvenient, but certainly visible in the big crowds!

User Image
You know, i would say that someday I will learn to not play with my food, but so long as cotton candy exist, that's a not a possibility.

(12)

Total tickets: 4/20  

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

cursedandwandering rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:14 am
cursedandwandering IS RINGSIDE!
Preference List: boy, girl

. SCAVENGER HUNT LIST .
1. Oh boy, the circus! How did you find out the circus was in town? Reaper was strolling down the streets of phony land one day when he stumbled upon a poster hastily taped to a lamppost. It certainly looked odd. While going to the circus seemed like a luxury to him, there would be plenty of distracted attendees from which to pick pocket.

2. What are you most looking forward to seeing or buying? Having never been to a circus in his life, he was quite curious about the acrobatic feats of wonder. While they wouldn't be particularly impressive if done by a pegasus like himself, he wondered what the earth phony might think of flying.
User Image

3. You and your local circus and Halloween stans are meeting up for the night out! What accessory do you and your fellow 'Weenies wear to identify each other? Without his consent, his wife and children decided unanimously that they were huge fans of enamel pins. Reaper spluttered and flailed in protest as they shoved a choker adorned with one of the pins over his head so that the family could match.
User Image

4. You've all met up and are browsing the Midway. What's the first thing you eat? Everything looked so greasy or sticky. Reaper crinkled his muzzle in disgust. At least apples, while they may have been covered in sticky candy, were something familiar.

5. Time to test your strength!
The bell rings with a clamor as Reaper looked on with a smirk. It was no surprise to him his strength, in fact it was probably his favorite thing about himself. It certainly helped him get what he wanted often enough.

6. Either out of pity or achievement, you've won a plushie.
Reaper was 99% sure that the giant pile of fur the carnie had handed him a stray cat.
User Image

8. You are lost in terror, before the sound of faint music leads you in what you hope is the right direction.
It was haunting almost. An ominous sound, full of promises...

10. It was awkward, but you found it. The show has started, which act is on right now?
Reaper grimaced. A powerful creature, tamed and made to act like the fool. He rubbed at the collar around his own neck and frowned.

11. The acrobat comes on, and you're awed by her skill. You gape as she contorts into the shape of a - what is it again?
That looked, uh.... Uncomfortable.

12. Halfway through her unravelling, you see something in the rafters of the Big Top. What - what is it?
Ah! Shadow above
Reaper bad at poetry
Many wings and claws

Reaper loomed over the foals. While he may of been against hurting children, he certainly wasn't against intimidating them. With a growl he hefted one of them up.
"Give me my phone or i will drop you friend from the rafters."

18. As you stumble out of the top, the place seems hazy. The lights of the carousel shine and call to you. What do you choose to ride on this carousel? As a carousel phony himself, Reaper was pretty against carousels as a whole. However, one of them reminded him of someone...

19. It starts slow, but speeds up. Everything around is a blur. In a moment of primal fear, you cry out with a plea:
"HULK SMASH!"

20. You wake in an open field, with no evidence of the circus, but the lingering notes of a song in your head to remind you of the wild - dream? you had. What is it?
Reaper rubbed his forehead with a hoof, a dull headache thudding in his skull.

Total tickets: 14  
Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff