User Image

User Image

User Image

Right, let's get down to business. I explain the economy of our little "slice of heaven" here at Dragon Castle, and in return, I get paid handsomely by the Merchant Alliance. But first - I'm Rannis. I'm a fencer of sorts and yes, I'm well versed in both meanings of the name, if you get my drift.

Anyway, there are all kinds of monies floating throughout the market nowadays, seeing as we've dealt with just about any kingdom needs jobs and protection. Coins of all types, shapes, and sizes can be found in just about any establishment and any peasant's pockets, so it's important to be able to tell how much you're looking at when someone hands you something as compensation for your efforts. Problem is, you can't trust a coin or bar just on its surface value - the true value of a currency is based on its material and its purity.

Here's a quick breakdown:

- Copper has the lowest value as a currency. You can consider a single piece of copper at one hundred percent purity as having a value of one. It's the most common form of currency and is most likely to be mixed with other pieces to increase its value or hide the value of a better-looking coin.
        - Bronze is worth ten pieces of copper at one hundred percent purity. Due to its relatively low value, you're not likely to see any drop in purity below thirty percent unless you're in some sort of slum or poor town. Then again, if your coins are covered in verdigris or are otherwise unclean, it doesn't matter how pure it actually is, the value's gonna drop.
        - Silver is worth ten pieces of bronze at ten percent purity. Oddly enough, you don't see a lot of silver in the market, on account of the most common form of silver being Quicksilver Bullets. Still a form of currency, but also used for weaponry against monsters weak to the stuff. It's...actually, it's pretty valuable, much more so than copper or bronze, so keep yer wits about ye whilst carrying the stuff in broad daylight. Easily enchantable.
        - Gold is worth ten pieces of silver at ten percent purity. You're not likely to see many of these in your lifetime unless you're skilled at taking down large monsters, or you have friends in high places. Mostly in the hands of nobility and banks. If you see a lower class citizen with gold in their pockets, well, you know how they got it.
        - Adamantine is worth ten pieces of gold at ten percent purity. The stuff's so rare, it's mostly used to simplify large value purchases, such as land or mates or titles. Like silver, it's mostly found within odd items like daggers or gloves. Also easily enchantable.

Then you've got your signature items whose value is based on what you use them for: swordgrass for hunters, obsidian for assassins, Sungold for warriors, vertebra for the mad, dregs for the devoted, and so on and so forth.

Well, that's yer lot. If you have any questions, feel free to find me and ask. Every time you do, I get an allowance from the Merchant Alliance, heh heh. See you around.

User Image