Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:35 pm
So around this time last year, I'd called up UCSF where I'd had my eggs frozen to confirm the annual cost for continuing storage. I'd been quoted $232, which seemed quite reasonable.

Fast-forward to last week when I got a bill for $700.

Nothing to be done except pay out the nose since apparently their policy changed in October of this year, but I was given ZERO notice of the change. It's due on the 16th of this month, and my future children hang in the balance.

Such a lovely time to have to find an extra $470, when I'm under-employed in a pandemic.

Consequently I set up an appointment with a doctor (cuz apparently I can only consult with and have my questions answered by a doctor at the facility) to talk about what next steps I might be able to take and their associated costs. Paying $700 every year I don't have kids isn't maintainable. Not that getting a surrogate will be cheap either. Basically damned if you do, damned if you don't.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:55 am
What's your plan exactly? Like, when are you planning on having kids? It's, obviously not cheap, but if it's only a few years You may be able to get some help with that.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:37 pm
Sorry you have to deal with all of this. From what I've seen from the latest posts on Facebook, there's quite a few people who've been able to help you out financially as you sort everything out. So that's nice.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:28 pm
Prof. Moonie
Sorry you have to deal with all of this. From what I've seen from the latest posts on Facebook, there's quite a few people who've been able to help you out financially as you sort everything out. So that's nice.

Yeah, that was genuinely surprising. Everyone was feeling really chartable this holiday season I guess. Certainly warmed my heart. heart  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers