Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 11:00 pm
From what the doctor says, her gallbladder is swollen and her kidneys are bruised from dehydration, so they have her on a drip for nutrition. She really scared us. All this started with a sulfur bug. I hoped maybe after getting medicine for it, she'd be fine, but after her not eating and the pain persisting, dad and I agreed she needed to be seen.

I'm glad she's getting treatment. That could have been dangerous. I would be lying if I said I wasn't really sad, though. I planned an amazing vacation with mom and then this happened to her, so we had to spend a good portion of my vacation at home and I won't get to go to the big garage sale I wanted to go to or even regular shopping.

I should be thankful. I'm happy we got her in and we'll still get to go on vacation later (albeit unpaid), but I was disappointed. I was really looking forward to this week and it's been a bust from the word go.

Mom is definitely starting to sound better and hopefully they can get her fully well soon. She's my best friend.

If you're the praying type, I'd appreciate your prayers.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 7:41 am
I know the feeling and I wish your mother a safe and full recovery...if I could give ya a hug I would.  

Eclairl

Lavish Flatterer

11,825 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 10:33 am
Having experienced my own parents deal with their own health scares in the past few years, it can be a nerve whacking time. Hope she makes a speedy recovery.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 12:15 pm
It's always a bit anxiety inducing when something goes wrong health wise with someone close to you. It sounds like it's been found, and dealt with before it became dangerously serious.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:31 am
Thanks for the support, guys! She had her gallbladder out just yesterday. It turns out it was a lot worse than they expected. There was a lot of infection and the gallbladder organ had died. I'm glad they got it out. That could have been bad. She's still hurting, but she's been doing a lot better. She's on liquids now, which means she gets Italian ice. That stuff is amazing! Somehow the Italian ice in hospitals always tastes better. Still hoping for a full recovery, though after her ordeal being far worse than when I had mine out, I suspect recovery may take a while.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games