Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3996 3997 3998 3999 4000 4001 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:57 pm
And then there is the fact that the newest announcement is a gold sink. Offering hinted boons for donating even as much as hundreds of millions of gold. <********.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:08 pm
                  Gold sinks are good, and so is bringing in money to pay developers and server costs. My official stance is that as long as I don't need money to talk to people on the forums, I will continue to support Gaia.

But really, recoding the Guilds WOULD be nice...

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:31 am
Nine-Tails927
I'm going to drop nukes on LoL, anyone in?

Add me later! GaleOverDrive  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:08 pm
welian
                  Gold sinks are good, and so is bringing in money to pay developers and server costs. My official stance is that as long as I don't need money to talk to people on the forums, I will continue to support Gaia.

But really, recoding the Guilds WOULD be nice...

Yet after their performances on the rest of Gaia . . . do you really want them to come in here and start mucking about? neutral

Gale- are you saying that is your Skype Tag?  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kitsune_berry

9,100 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:32 am
But that sounds like it might be fun! Who knows maybe they will manage to unlink every member of every guild, or better yet accidentally delete the DB of all guild post 8U.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:40 pm
Last month the official Captain/Vice Guild (I never quit when I stopped being Vice, and I guess they never noticed) announced that Gaia had chosen to not work on Guilds 2.0, since they couldn't come up with enough ways for GCash to be spent on it. This is the 3rd or 4th time the project has gotten shelved in favor of other things. At the very least they need to free up the guild treasury for some purpose...  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:55 pm
                  The rest of Gaia? You mean to be able to tag threads, have an update interface, and more intelligent BBCode that's a bit more flexible to nest with? A bit of extra technical support and maybe even one for two storylines for Leon, the GGN NPC? Or able to search threads from within guilds?

I would love to see that. I would pay for it.

EDIT: This rant is long. ******** that wall of text. I'm gonna put a spoiler tag on this. tl;dr it pisses me off when people don't take a minute to appreciate what work has gone into a product or service, regardless of whether or not they actually LIKE said product or service.

Compare how many major/fatal errors we hear about or notice to the sheer size of Gaia, the complexity of running a multifaceted site, and how few people actually doing all this work (there's just a notch under 100 employees) - well, I am impressed and proud. This site has been running over 10 years, it has its own currency, its own culture among the users, its own storyline, regular events, a board game, has won two awards - I just, augh. I don't even have the words anymore. The people who own and run and work on Gaia have accomplished so much, they are hardworking and dedicated, and they are doing what they can to keep the site running - which means pulling in as much money as possible, putting the most work towards the largest/most-used parts of the site (which is the forums, not the guild systems), and trying to be practical about which projects to take on.

By all means, if you think you've got a better idea, take it to the Petitions. But it is hard ******** work keeping a website, much less a community, much less MULTIPLE communities together.

I am so, so sick of hearing people complain about what Gaia is doing wrong, and just never taking a moment to think about what they're doing right. Like, remember when they implemented that 2% tax in the marketplace to combat inflation? The developers went hired someone to study the system for a bit and give advice. Granted, the someone was an economics student, not a seasoned professional - but the devs went and looked for someone, and sought out advice from someone who actually studied and had above-average knowledge of economics BEFORE they did anything.

God.

Like, Gaia's so ******** fantastic. It's a miracle. It's lots of miracles. Like, a bajillion miracles go into a sustained operation like that.

User Image

The actual mechanics of putting together a website and maintaining a userbase, the marketing that goes into attracting and keeping said userbase, the artist team that makes all these lovely characters and items and backgrounds, whoever the ******** writes the site stories and programs the events, the legal team that finagles all the shitty paperwork that's got to be done when there's endorsements and advertisements and transactions in the air....

They're only human, but I sure as ******** would trust them to poke around the guilds and try to update things further. We already got new front pages that auto-resize images, the list code finally works (as you can see in my post layout), and it's possible to sort the member list by join date, number of posts, most recent posts, etc.

GOD ******** YES I WANT THEM TO MUCK ABOUT IN HERE. A LITTLE FRESH TRAFFIC AND TIDIED-UP CODING WOULD BE A ******** GODSEND.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:31 pm
*cringes from the wall of rant*  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:17 pm
                  One day I will have self-control. Today was not that day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:50 am
Alexander Magnus
Gale- are you saying that is your Skype Tag?

oh no, that's my League of Legends account. My skypetag is infinitegale  

Gale OverDrive

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:52 am
welian
                  One day I will have self-control. Today was not that day.

Self-control has always been difficult to achieve. I should know . . . from Tai Chi. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:25 am
... ._. *hides*  

Kitsune_berry

9,100 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:38 pm
-walks right into the wall of text- Owww  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:10 pm
                  It'd be nice if my roleplay posts were walls of texts.

welian

Crew

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:54 pm
Mine sometimes are.

In unrelated news, looks like Gaia has changed it's layout. Not sure how I feel about it

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3996 3997 3998 3999 4000 4001 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games