Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4112 4113 4114 4115 4116 4117 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:09 pm
Yeah, the girl thinks she is the greatest bit of womanhood ever, and seeks to lose her virginity before going on what could easily be called a sex bender. Problem is she runs like crazy at the sign of any awkwardness or flirtation. So, she found a boy that was also pure, and thought him to be non-threatening. She aimed to have him be her first . . . but she is falling for him as she takes the most minute of babysteps despite her intentions.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:24 am
Wow, what a premise! I only saw that is was a comical 4-panel. xd  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:14 pm
It has a lot of humor in it, despite the overt narcissim. For instance, she gets to the boy's house . . . alone . . . and after some preamble goes in for a kiss. He was aroused by such a pretty girl and had a "male reaction." She noticed it and before they even kissed she ran full-speed home from him, leaving the poor boy confused and alone.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:59 pm
Oh, having an obviously-flawed main character in a shoujo or comedy doesn't bother me at all. 2 of my favorite comedy shoujos are Kare Kano (His and Her Circumstances) and Skip Beat, in which the protagonists are far from laudible.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:44 pm
I feel like a dunce for only now recognizing that I can make my own playlists in youtube. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:24 am
The weirdness of features that are developing. I wonder if Fear of a Black Hat is still up on YT.
Also I think I may have created the Departmentverses equivalent of Wolverine, as well as a Guyver reference.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:43 pm
I find most modern web sites have very unintuitive interfaces, often w/ some of the most useful features hidden away. And, of course, these sites don't come with comprehensive tutorials or reference manuals. Well, maybe they do, but they're likely hard to find. xp

Yeah, I think being part-Wendigo effectively makes you Wolverine.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:26 pm
Well, at least in a world created by a mentally ill antinatalist.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:47 pm
I really liked Guyver once upon a time . . .

I just had an interesting point made to my tabletop GM. What makes us the "heroes?" What if a group became the basis for a legend of the four horsemen of the apocalypse? A group typically has 3-5 players. One is a tank and takes on the brunt of melee with a blade. That would be War. The dark guy that comes in to slit throats with stealthy efficiency? Death. Depending on what you have for the other two (I've seen Conquest, Famine, Pestilence, Fury, and Strife), character models can be translated. Then you have how the members follow their own hearts instead of the law of the land . . . just like a villain. They do as they please, become unstoppable as a team or individually, and leave a wake of destruction and death to all that oppose them over time. What if in their wake some came to see them as the villains and the legends grew? Heroes . . . evil . . . it all depends on what side of their sword one happens to be on.

For instance, we had a set of sessions where we went to a set of corrupted dwarf-like beings to rescue younglings that were being sacrificed to summon a greater demon. We saved about half the kids, and sorely hurt the demon before shoving it back through the portal to where it came from. To the younglings and their parents, we are heroes . . . but what of the other side of the coin? The dwarves were attacked without provocation, we killed a good number of them and raided their area. Then we burst in on their religious ceremony and not only stole from them but intentionally hurt and banished their idol/summon/hero/god. To the dwarven forces we were a hurricane of devastation and death.

Yeah, I love moral ambiguity. twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:17 pm
Moral ambiguity is what makes things interesting. I like this questioning of protagonist centred morality.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:14 pm
Well, using the traditional D&D alignment system to illustrate: LN (letter of the law) and CN (selfishness) are pretty evil when you think about it. Given that LG (conservative morality) and CG (liberal morality) are both shown as being too extreme to accomplish true good and that NN is pretty unhelpful, you're basically left with only NG that could really be seen as good most of the time.

But, yes, often the heroes do many unheroic things in any kind of RPG.
That's why I like Morrowind (Elder Scrolls 3) so much; even though you are the chosen one, you can be a horrible person. Then the question becomes, what quests should you accept and how should you solve them to really act the part of the chosen one?
And, of course, JRPGs almost always have the hero looting every container he sees, which is pretty messed up if you think about it.

While I certainly believe in and uphold moral absolutes, perspective does make a big difference to people. The portrayal of a set of events can be seen very differently. After all, Nazis were seen as patriots by the German people early on, buying into the propaganda and being unaware (whether naivety or ignorance) of the atrocities committed.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:27 pm
Ah, yes. Then again, it also depends on how extreme one makes their approach to their alignment. I'd consider a toned down version of chaotic good to be say, the archetypal cowboy cop. And at the other end, in lawful good, theres the Sam Vimes.
We also need to consider how chaotic and lawful would affect neutrality. At it's worst, lawful neutrality could be seen as the apathetic masses. Not inherently bad, but not morally strong enough to do the right thing always. A chaotic neutral character perhaps would perhaps be a crazy but mostly well meaning mad scientist.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

cool

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:27 am
Hooray for Warmahordes!  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:29 pm
Of course, each alignments holds many interpretations, hence why the alignment systems continues to be a useful tool (though most advocating for its downfall misunderstand the usefulness of any personality quantification [MBTI, etc...]).
For instance, concepts like Creation, Destruction, and Vengeance can be associated with different alignments depending on context. Now, depending on how codified you make conceptual association with the alignments in a given game world, they can be seen as either integrally connected or a separate layer entirely.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4112 4113 4114 4115 4116 4117 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games