Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4121 4122 4123 4124 4125 4126 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:44 am
                  Ha!!

Yeah, I know that I still kinda want to re-run Knights of Etherea (with a new tagline, "where dreams go to die"), but I'm just not able to muster to willpower to actually run it.

I had a ton of ideas for it too, like... for example, it's hard to get a solid cast of people for specific characters, right? So I figured that instead of having seven specific knights that the plot needed, that I would make something up about how traditionally seven is a full team/court/troop/whatever, that Etherea is in such dire straits that even three would be better than no one at all.

And in the old RP, the color and powers of the knights were already set, right? So I was considering, maybe people would want to come up with that on their own? Just say "Your s**t can't overlap with anyone else's s**t but other than that, go nuts".

I just, I have lots of little things that I want to change, like making the Veil a plot MacGuffin and adding in an antagonist who is neither nightmare nor dream, and absolutely no will to sit down and hash it out enough to run it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:55 pm
I understand Weilan. To be honest, overthinking the mechanics too much can be the mind-killer in RP making. I realised that and that's why now I'd rather make a loose setting and introduce mechanics and information as things happen.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:07 pm
welian
                  Ha!!

Yeah, I know that I still kinda want to re-run Knights of Etherea (with a new tagline, "where dreams go to die"), but I'm just not able to muster to willpower to actually run it.

I had a ton of ideas for it too, like... for example, it's hard to get a solid cast of people for specific characters, right? So I figured that instead of having seven specific knights that the plot needed, that I would make something up about how traditionally seven is a full team/court/troop/whatever, that Etherea is in such dire straits that even three would be better than no one at all.

And in the old RP, the color and powers of the knights were already set, right? So I was considering, maybe people would want to come up with that on their own? Just say "Your s**t can't overlap with anyone else's s**t but other than that, go nuts".

I just, I have lots of little things that I want to change, like making the Veil a plot MacGuffin and adding in an antagonist who is neither nightmare nor dream, and absolutely no will to sit down and hash it out enough to run it.

I will be moee than happy to join that rp when It happens (:  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:16 pm
welian
                  : |

I'm in this weird place where I still have lots of ideas I want to run as RP campaigns, and absolutely no desire whatever to run a roleplay.

I feel you. That is for me as well, as you might see in the OOC subbie. As for the Knights game, like Galvan before it so many false-starts have made me leary of getting invested in that again. sweatdrop  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:56 am
That is more than understandable captain. However, at this point I feel that it is important for us to be willing to support any idea now, because of how thin on numbers we are.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:04 am
                  I'm with Skreemer - this guild pretty much has 10 active members, and one roleplay. We need more threads for people to be interested in and take part of, and more players are willing to be active in the roleplays proper.

//is guilty of just moaning around in the OOC

welian

Crew

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:51 am
Please don't misunderstand, Skreemer. I loved the idea, and absolutely loved my character concept. I thought it to be inspired and fun . . . but the game died the first run, never took off on the second, and now I am wary. When a character is played by me . . . I don't half-a** it. I go at the character with all I have and passion. That is the secret to my well-liked posts. In this case, I don't know if I can muster up the energy again. That said, the game is supported, and not demeaned in any way. I still think it to be inspired and have a lot of potential.

I don't run more because I am shite at running games. Every time I am in charge, the thing dies or falls apart.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:07 pm
Alexander Magnus
Every time I am in charge, the thing dies or falls apart.

Yup! That's the thing about Gaia and roleplaying online in general. Everything dies or falls apart. I've run more roleplays than I can shake a stick at, and every single one of them peters out. C'est la vie, at least on Gaia.

I just stopped taking it as seriously as I used to. They're just games of pretend after all. After I lowered the bar, my posts got better too - people think I'm ******** hilarious when I just want to have fun.

welian

Crew

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:26 pm
Ah, it was not my intention to offer candour Magni.
I know the feeling. After the guild started to dry up a bit, before I vanished for a long time, I just gave up on ever roleplaying again. It felt like that part of my life was dead on the vine. I felt like I was never any real good at it. Parts of what I was writing... well a lot of it was stupid.
I'm really starting again because over the time I was away, I've taken up fiction writing. I understand I can only write in short bursts right now. So I'm hoping roleplaying, that'll get me able to write larger wholes of work. And I'm eager. That new guys RP idea.... that really seems like something I'd enjoy. I think a few others here might as well.
I'll say this now, any proper roleplay (specifically not 1x1, just use PMs damn your eyes.) that is posted in hya, I will join.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:00 pm
No offense was taken, Skreemer. Not at all. ^_^ I know the feeling about writing. I have my war stories, and if I could put them down in a book, I feel that it would sell well. unfortunately, I can only write for a while before my energies peter out. I need interaction, I need that participation of an interactive roleplay to keep me making up high-quality posts.

For instance, I had some great times in my last tabletop. I was a big Viking-ish human called a Northlander. I was using a sword on a demon, and it got stuck. Inside. So I was literally trying to yank it out, and used a magical burst to help me pull. It was the very first time I tried anything magical at all. It went off, but I overdid it. I screamed in joy as it came free- then immediately in denial as I went through the nearby wall, across the street, and into another building there- ending up on a bed in the inn. Literally screaming "YES! NOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!" and ending up wheezing like Loki from Avengers after meeting the Hulk.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:21 am
                  I have super fond memories of the Dragon's Paradise Inn roleplay that was in here years ago when Zahzi and I joined. It was where I met him, and it was my first RP that lasted longer than a week. I wish it had been archived or something - even though it was down to just me and him and maybe two other people by the end, it was still around 500 pages of delightful walk-in nonsense with some of my first RP characters.

... Oh, and now Zahzi and I have been dating for like, a year and a half, so I guess that happened too thanks to RPing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:09 pm
I think I remember Zahzi. Peer pressure him into hanging out here again.
I am torrenting Berserk. I know full well I will feel great despair from this.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:34 pm
Zahzi

You should hang out here again and blow stuff up. blow stuff up and i'll blow you  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:00 pm
Zahzi is a name I am familiar with . . . I remember that handle.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:24 pm
                  I think the last major RP he really took part in here was Sarit.

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4121 4122 4123 4124 4125 4126 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games