Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4180 4181 4182 4183 4184 4185 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:58 pm
A few more years and I'll have known you for over half of my life.
Tree, I'm often too ascetic for my own good.

Hello, DTT! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:41 pm
I've been in Gaia for 12.8 years according to calculations and joined this place shortly after starting. You found me here, and we started chatting. So yeah, I've been here a lifetime and known you for virtually all of it. and punishing yourself is not good. Put down that bag of bricks once in a while and relax!

Nice to see ya, Goosey. ^_^ Not that I don't keep tabs on yeh on facebook.  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:09 pm
Hi, Hi, Snowman! Ojisan!

Yes, the book of faces...

...Oh, man, has it really been that long? I should check and see how long it's been for me, 'cause if it's been anywhere near that long... That's definitely half of my lifetime.

Edit: My older account, 12/20/2004.
12ish years.
Half my life.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:40 pm
I have a few years to go before it is half of my life, but that's cause I'm old.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:53 pm
04/22/2005 for me.

Decided to experiment a little, and made Moroccan beef for dinner; cinnamon was a spice i did not expect to go as well with beef as it did. Any of you have/make anything interesting as of late? *desperate grasps at avoiding talking about the election, as it's dominating everything right now*  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:14 pm
aside from the hideous monstrosity of giving up on your diet at work? no. My district manager got . . . creative. Using several thin crusts, pasta, 'alfredo', cheddar cheese, ham, chicken, bbq sauce, bacon, and our parmesean/asiago cheese blend, he made a commodity that was hard to define other than thick, and undoubtedly bad for you.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:43 pm
Working at McDonalds has definitely made me never want certain menu items ever again, so I can imagine what being around 1 single primary food for entire shifts would be like.
Wow, that sounds like the cheeseburger & McChicken fusion of nastiness some people would have.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:54 pm
Well, some time ago, Domino's changed their name to omit the word Pizza. They now offer pizza, pasta, sandwiches, wings, salads, desserts . . . a wide variety of things Still, after closing in on 4 years of them, I'm fairly sick of their faire. That conglomeration can only be described as a monster. It wasn't bad, but it was as thick, heavy, and hard to chew through as it sounds.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:50 pm
Ah, okay, so some variety there.
Yeah, seems like a franken-quesadilla.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:28 pm
I may be subject to it again tomorrow- as I have to work with the district manager for the closing shift. We shall see.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:09 pm
Hopefully you can find a way to politely decline from consuming ti again. burning_eyes

Fascinating: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosenhan_experiment  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:50 pm
I view that experiment as both necessary and barbaric. Honestly, I have no idea what to say to that.

*sighs as he watches the last vestige of hope for the future transmute to ashes in the dumpster fire that is the American political system*  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:43 pm
I'm pleasantly surprised by the result, but the riots seem to be quite hypocritical.
Just tired of the left's moral posturing when they're more discriminatory than the right. And I'd really like the concept of privilege based on immutable characteristics to die permanently. *sigh* Living in a blue state and working for a blue company, it's hard to feel happy when everybody is pressuring you into expressing negative sentiment and out of expressing positive sentiment.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:51 pm
I will only say that the process has been nothing short of a travesty since it was discovered that Sanders was purposefully kept out of the running. Since then, it has been one catastrophe after another. Up to and including the knowledge that Clinton won the popular vote- she got more votes than Trump did from the American public . . . and he was given the victory. this is the second time in my memory that somebody was voted more times by the populace, and it was awarded to their opponent.

and people wonder why I find voting a waste of time.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:55 pm
Yeah, the Bernie situation was pretty bad though technically not illegal since it was in-party.

The electoral college is a balancing measure like how the senate (2 senators per state) is slightly more powerful than the house of representatives (reps based on state population), as otherwise states like CA would tilt the vote too much. Presidential candidates would otherwise only pay attention to the east & west coasts. Not claiming the system is perfect, though: the fact that some states are "winner take all" with electoral votes and some give proportionally is an oddity.
CA is still pivotal despite this balancing measure, which is fair given the population, and it's also why dems won't let CA secede the US (and the situation is the same for TX & repubs).
At least there were no recounts this time? confused  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4180 4181 4182 4183 4184 4185 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games