Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 4195 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:42 pm
The Oppenheimer blade is indeed overkill made manifest. Still, I am working on slight upgrades. Using stickers to make sure all of them are properly identified for their faction, and so forth.

Been an utterly unpleasant week otherwise . . . though I see yours was no simple jaunt, either.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:40 pm
Maybe we'll both have an easier time this week. sweatdrop  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:05 pm
Mine has not been going well. We have lost several people, and I stood up for myself against being clocked out without notice only to be forced to work a great deal more, and told to shut up. After a check on the laws, they are not doing anything illegal. As long as they adjust the time to reflect actual work, their practices are legal. However, I lack any way to check and see that they are doing that and any way of adjusting it myself. My clearance in the system is not high enough. So I have to take it at face value to a person that I just said I don't trust in any way shape or form. Needless to say, I am displeased.

Also working 50+ hours this week.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:35 am
Yeah, in my previous non-salary positions, I remember the inability to see your actual hours historically was a hassle at times.

It appears this week will be a little lighter for me. How does this new week look for you?  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:09 pm
Not as much for me. Domino's is lighter at 46hrs scheduled, but I missed today because the car needed repairs. Again. Another $500 pissed away on the car. I also got several jobs that will take days to complete on my Fiverr work. So, even though I am not working as much at the pizza shop, I still feel stressed and overworked. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:02 pm
I feel ya, just as 1 of my 2 assignments is wrapping up, they're trying to add 2 more. Only so many hours in the day, and caffeine & sleep are a difficult puzzle to balance long-term. I can't image how exponentially more difficult it must be having a spouse & kids (though I have my own semi-dependents).  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:18 pm
Well, there is a new development.

I have at long last been given another option. As such, Saturday will be my final day at Dominos. Perhaps it is a tad premature, given the first day at the new job is going to be around the 11th, but the break will do me some good. Additionally, some funds in the bank account can help float us along till then. I will be moving to a convenience store near my home, giving me the option to walk to work if I so desire. This will eliminate having to put $40+ a week of gas into the car, as well as drastically reduce the amount of wear and tear on my vehicle.

More interestingly, both the active member of the owners of the franchise and the district manager came to speak with me informally today. I have to believe that when the one person that had been in the store for the past 4 straight years chooses to walk away they realize something is intolerable. From what I have heard/overheard today, it seems the manager is in more trouble than she is willing to accept. It no longer is my issue, but a certain measure of satisfaction makes me smile at the realization that she is going to get her comeuppance.

Life is indeed significantly more complicated with two kids, a wife, and a clowder of cats. You do have something similar with your parents, but I won't compare other than to say you understand what it means to be responsible. It sucks, but that is intrinsically woven into who we are. Good people that do not run from responsibility. I am reminded of that in discovering my first serious girlfriend after nearly two decades. She lived a life of strife, and chose to run repeatedly. It has only led her to ruin. Drugs and failed marriages, a weary heart and no significant life. As much as I grow weary of the stresses of this life at times . . . it is better to have them than what had happened to her.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:27 pm
Finally saw Logan . . . by all that's holy . . . I cried so hard! heart crying  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:19 pm
Sorry, will respond w/ a real post soon. Flooded basement eating all my time...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:24 pm
Flooded basement? That is seriously crappy . . . Don't worry, old friend. I am more than willing to lurk and wait. Do what you need.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:54 pm
Mostly taken care of...

I am very glad to hear you found another opportunity. Even if the [pay is equal, it sounds like a much better environment & will end up with less expenses overall plus more consistent working hours. You deserve this respite.

I heard many good reports about Logan. While I'm not a fan of Wolverine the characters, Hugh Jackman is a great actor.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:09 pm
Logan has a brilliant example of something I truly enjoy. There are times in any form of art that includes audio where a single word can carry more weight and power than an entire paragraph. When all the emotion and shock can be summed up in a single word so perfectly that you cannot deny it. Logan has that. In the end (no spoilers) X-23 says a single word in the finale that made me completely lose it. I'm not one to cry publicly, or even privately for that matter. Sitting in that theater, no less than 5 tears flowed down my cheeks unhindered. I couldn't wipe them away, so transfixed by the screen and the drama before me. Quite literally, we sat through the credits so me and my older daughter could gather ourselves. Several others had the same idea, despite there being no end-credits scene, many stayed to compose themselves.

I fully intend to purchase this film, it was brilliant and I want to support it. At the same time, it likely won't be watched much. So much power and sadness in that film.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

JP-JZ

Novice Vampire

6,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:42 pm
Hello, guild! I'm one of those new members the announcement talked about. I rejoined Gaia a few days ago but I was a lurker around the public forums for about five years.

(I was young and not very good back then. I like to think I've improved past one liners and boring characters.)

I'm still testing my weight when it comes to taking on multiple RPs, so I don't know how active I'll be until I get more comfortable. I hope to make friends out of you guys, regardless.

Outside of online RP, I also play tabletop games, RP in MMORPGs, knit, and play video games (I'm currently playing Persona 5!).

I'm also terrible at starting conversations. I'm very shy, though I try to work past it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:08 am
This place was always designed to be one welcoming to those of all skill levels. Like any skill, RP improves with experience and practice. Please don't feel bad about not being intimately versed in the intricacies. I'd rather take enthusiasm and passion over banal words written by rote any day. smile

As for shy, don't worry. Online I am okay, but in person I am very guarded. To the point of seemingly aloof when all that drives me is being careful and not giving out too many details.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:33 pm
Finally done w/ the basement nonsense from my end. Now to await the builders who'll replace the walls.

That's very high praise for Logan. so I'll definitely move that up my priority queue.

Welcome, JP-JZ! Magni & I are both into tabletopping & videogaming as well, so I'm sure we'll have plenty to discuss.
Persona 5 is the one thing that makes me wish I had a PS4.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 4195 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games