Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4193 4194 4195 4196 4197 4198 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:41 am
While I love Gundam & Angelic Layer, I haven't been able to get into the GunPla anime (http://www.crunchyroll.com/gundam-build-fighters). The model kits are interesting but an expensive hobby. That said, an RP could be enjoyable. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:31 pm
ninja  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:17 am
                  [link on rpnation]

I don't think I'll end up joining, simply because it's a small group and I don't know anything about the setting, but I really like how detailed she's made the RP and how nice the thread looks. She's known for making really elaborate layouts.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:10 pm
Goooooood evening boys girls or whatever the hell you identify as nowadays....

I, am Merixx, and i would like to humbly greet each and every one of you here today and tell you a bit about my purpose here.

I am a member of another guild which, while full of potential with the guild system, has been left woefully underpopulated due to the standard RPer on gaia not wanting to put the effort into anything beyond the atypical "My waifu and me (With superpowers)" style roleplays with the most casual of posting and profile formats, i had a thought that a guild such as this might have those individuals who seek a roleplay with a slightly more in depth system which has some checks and balances to try and ensure that no one player can easily amass too much power.

now, since my roleplay guild is still lacking anyone who even closely resembles and artist, i will be posting a link for the guild below in hopes that some of you will answer the call and join us.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/guardians-of-r-leikr/g.447483/

I do hope to see y'all soon. and if you do have any questions, we also have a discord where we can typically be found as well if you would care to join that.

https://discord.gg/BHBeV8k

Again, it is my pleasure to be here and i hope to get to know some of you folks very well in the near future.  

Merixx

Dapper Consumer

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:07 am
Well met, Merixx . . . goodness, now that is a fleshed out intro. Always a pleasure to see somebody put effort into things. I wish I could say much is different here in the Refuge, but aside from it’s longstanding history, it is fairly quiet here as well. Gaia has not put any effort into fostering a RP environment in a long time. As such, much of the interest in it has waned.

Never the less, the Refuge stands as a place for gamers to call home for any reason they see fit. I may give your link a look-see, but make no promises. Regardless of what happens, I do wish you a friendly and pleasant time here.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:27 am
Welcome, Merixx.

Week finally over. Sorry for my absence this week, Magni. Thankfully I was able to take today off, so only 40 hours this week.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:48 pm
No worries, old friend. I've been having trouble with anything resembling a schedule thanks to working overnights. So, it isn't as if I've been cursing your name because you couldn't stick your head in here. I'm just glad that you are able to now.  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:21 pm
Holiday weekends are always so busy.
Can't wait for July 4th weekend, though, as I'll be taking the 3rd off for a total of 4 days like this weekend.

Do anything fun or get any extra rest this holiday?  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:46 pm
Unfortunately, the combination of having a nocturnal schedule and work kept me from doing anything. This working at night is basically destroying what little social life I used to have.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:34 pm
Still, at least it's better than the old pizza job.

Where does the time go? Alas, the week, she is over.
Gotta love work coming up w/ huge last-minute requests meaning I don't get much of a weekend, though...  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:18 am
The improvements are steady, if dubious at first. I've been there nearly two months, and only now am seeing paychecks that rival the income I had at Domino's. Most of that is because of hours, but still . . . it was disheartening.

Your zeal is somewhat admirable, old friend. I would tell the job to piss off and not deal with them. Last minute things are not in my timetable. For instance, I am hearing often that my job wants me to come in early- through my wife. They cannot or will not contact me directly, and if you cannot ask me then the answer will always be "no."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:57 pm
Glad it's working out. biggrin

I just got a promotion last week. For all my effort I am being fast-tracked bonus-wise, pay-raise-wise, & promotion-wise; but many a time does it really not feel worth the effort.
As for the zeal; it's not to my company itself but my work ethic compelling me to fulfill the responsibilities I have committed to by being a consultant for my company's clients - customer service as it were.
As of late I've been running on fumes, though, having to survive on 2 caffeinated drinks a day and getting an average of 4 hours of sleep each weeknight. Finding it hard to care & not procrastinate, which just exacerbates the issue when I have to cram it in eventually.
Looking forward to my 4-week vacation between thanksgiving & christmas if i can hold out that long. sweatdrop  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:08 pm
*glares at Yoder*....If you do not take care of yourself, then who will take care of those you are responsible for? What will happen when you burn out? If not for your own sake, then for theirs, you must slow down enough to get some sleep!

Gods know I want more money and respect. The kind of things you are being given, but you are trading your health for it. I cannot urge you hard enough to slow down enough to sleep at the very least.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:40 pm
sweatdrop Well, the week's over nonetheless...
Finally being competent & productive at my new client, so things are less stressful, hopefully equating to more sleep.
I only do this due to the poor job market, my endless imposter syndrome, and the fact that my income isn't enough to cover the household expenditure (my parents are upside down on their mortgage due to refinancing my father did before i was an adult & the housing bubble). My father is good at the stock market but the amount he can get out of it is far from reliable. *sigh*  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:57 pm
*deep sigh* The curse of reliability. Even if you are too reliable to slow down, even for your own health- I am too much a parent to give up fussing at you to do so. You are no good to them if you collapse from lack of sleep.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4193 4194 4195 4196 4197 4198 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games