Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4194 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:22 pm
Such is, the ride never stops...
How go things for you?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:31 pm
Things . . . are going. I'm actually in Niagara Falls right now. Family 'vacation.' The catch being we rented a car, and it is having problems. That makes me worry that we will be called upon to pay for repairs. Additionally, I am driving an extreme amount (which to me means work because driving is work). Add to that no personal/alone time and I am holding on, but things have been better. Such is the life of a father. Doing everything for the fam, and getting remarkably little in return.  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:13 am
I hate driving, and I'm sure my dad must have felt the same way on our vacations.
Did the car issue work out?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:41 pm
Thankfully, yes. The windshield was not even discussed. We did have one issue with the driver side window not rolling all the way up- but as there was no obvious damage such as an accident or ding, it was not stressed by Enterprise. It has been nearly a week since the return of said vehicle, and not a word. I'm fairly sure things would be far more vocal if they wanted us to pay for repairs. Instead, I have been working a lot, and dealing with a few scheduling errors. That made the past few days difficult. Such is over.

In the meantime, I am nursing a healing back. The very firm bed and the cramped car added up to needing to get my back cracked. That puts the bones back where they should have been, but healing the flesh around them takes time. Now that I have four days/nights off, I might just be okay again. ^_^

plenty of time to play doom, as well.

But that is me. How are you, old friend? Still working to an early grave because you won't slow the blazes down enough to take care of yourself? *glares*  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:09 pm
Glad the car didn't become an issue and that your work timing is better now.

Time off is so nice. Enjoy your videogames.

Slowing down a bit and decided to stop with the caffeine, which will by proxy force me into a better sleep schedule since i don't have a fallback.
Unfortunately my dad's stock trading hasn't been yielding as good results the past few months, and as my salary does not cover our expenses, i am a bit stressed at this. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:01 pm
Yeah, me too.

The days/nights off have been a bit less than hoped, but they went okay. Tonight is my last one, then two on, then two off for a something special.

Be careful about cutting caffeine out of your system cold turkey, friend. It is a drug that your system can be addicted to. Be wary of caffeine headaches, and mild withdrawal symptoms. While I am glad you are finding ways to scale back, I don't want to see you put a hurt on yourself to do it. *hugs*

BTW, saw this and thought of you.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:50 pm
Something special?

I only get a mild headache for 1 day when stopping caffeine, though I have heard of others have worse withdrawal.

That comic is too real. xd Now I've read a bunch of that comic; reminds of a dilbert in some ways.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:53 pm
I'm glad the withdrawal did not hit you worse. Perhaps you were not as deeply inured in the drug as I feared. I know that at that pace, I'd be all but running on the stuff with equal parts of food and air.

Special . . . as in today (6/26) was my birthday. I have tonight and tomorrow night off from work. I still have an article to write for my side job, but that can be done in an hour or three. It was a quiet affair. Only two people other than my wife (and those she reminded through a post on FB) wished me a happy one. Even FB decided not to send out notices for my birthday- somewhat depressing.

I did not know how well it matched to your life, old friend. Only that it seemed to, and I wanted to share. mrgreen  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:52 pm
Somehow my sleep pattern got worse when I stopped caffeine, though. question

Happy belated birthday, Magni-sama! *offers a gluggle*  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:04 am
thank you, old friend.

I am beginning to regret leaving dominos. Things are not going well at the new job . . .  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:01 pm
Oh, no, what's worse than all the garbage at Dominos?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:11 am
A tsunami of stress, old friend. Working many times harder than I have done before, and for $9 an hour . . . when I have had to realize that the sheer amount of stress is mind-boggling. It should not be this hard. I'd question if it was me, but the other night a shift supervisor lost it and left in the middle of a rush. She just couldn't take it anymore, and piff. Gone. Granted, she had other things going on, but when somebody that had been there for years upon years gets that fed up- what does that mean for the guy that's been there for 4 months?  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:26 pm
Good grief, sorry things are turning out that way. neutral

How has your 4th?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:36 am
Yeah, I never seem to catch a break. Feel a bit like Charlie Brown that way. For the last couple decades, every choice I have made to better my life has backfired in some way. Some spectacularly.

It was just another day for me, I fear. Slept most of the day, did some errands for the family, and then went to work. The only real difference was I went in 8p-2a instead of 10p-6a. I'm not even able to be upset over it. just . . . another day. I hope you are doing better, old friend.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:51 pm
I know, you really deserve a break. heart

That offset graveyard shift is worse than a normal graveyard since it kills your evening while not taking up all of it.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4194 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games