Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 4200 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:49 am
If this world focused on what we deserve, it would be far different. Alas, it does not. I only fear I come off as whiny or something similar as I always seem to have a gloomy-gus story to tell. As for my work schedule, it is awkward to say the least, but such is my lot in life it seems. Things really got difficult the other day as I worked a 10p to 5 am shift. At the end, nobody came in to relieve me, so I told the manager on duty . . . and she told me I was not allowed to leave. I had no choice but to wait till 6am for somebody to come in. It was her job to fix the problem, not tell me that I had no choice but to stay.

The manager of the store had a word with her about her attitude, but still, that really set me off.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:31 pm
Glad you at least have somebody on your side with authority.

Sorry I disappeared for a while there, too much work & too little sleep...  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:10 pm
Yeah, she overstepped a line. Now she ignores me hard enough to make me think I am a leper with the bubonic plague. I can endure it for a few hours, but then it gets to me. As one that is emotionally sensitive to the world around me, being stuck in a place of antagonism for prolonged periods makes me nearly break down.

I'll skip the now traditional fussing about not taking care of yourself and say I accept your apology. I'm less concerned about your frequency here than I am your health.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:45 am
That's also a very childish attitude for said manager to take with you, but I assume she is younger than you; even if she isn't there are a great many adults that have yet to mature.

At least today I'm forcibly getting some rest. W/ hot weather and exposure to too much sunlight I tend to get migraines (rarely where I live but not uncommon during FL summers when i was working at my college), and that is the case today. Now back to bed.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:53 pm
She is about to turn 65. By far older than I. My only real hope is that she retires soon.

Indeed. My daughter deals with migranes, they seem to run in my wife's family. Rest, dear friend.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:37 pm
Wow, that's astonishingly pathetic at her age.

Yeah, 1 of my sisters got migraines pretty often as a teen, so it's something in our family as well, I guess.

1 month until Sonic Mania (the faithful 2d revival) releases. biggrin  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:51 am
As said, I can tolerate it for a few hours, then it starts to get to me. I blame my empathic nature for that. After some time, I cannot block out the negativity, and it really poisons my mood. Oh well. I have to endure it. No choice. despite my dedicated nature of work, high attention to detail, and extensive education this is the best job I am able to get. ugh.

I am glad you have a game to look forward to, sir. Unfortunately, I am rather cautious about Sonic. Recent years have not been kind.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:31 pm
Having trait Openness and Conscientiousness, while normally beneficial, has it downsides w/ bad coworkers.
I'm high in Conscientiousness & Neuroticism, middleground in Openness & Honesty/Humility (the 6th factor, if you count it), and low in Extraversion & Agreeableness. Have you ever done the Big 5/6 personality trait assessment?

I can definitely understand why you're cautious.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:31 pm
Apparently, I am due to have a connect session with the store manager soon. A sit-down where we chat one-on-one about any and all issues I have at the moment. Ho-boy, I have a few complaints.

Sonic has potential, and that is likely the most frustrating thing. He is capable, friendly, and has many potential uses as a mascot or platformer. The downside is that so many have screwed it up for so many years that his reputation is very low . . . as are his prospects. I want him to succeed. I want good games. I also have a healthy concern.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:57 pm
Hopefully that goes well. I can never be honest in manager 1-on-1's.

Here's hoping. Since Sega isn't making this one I have higher hopes than typically, as sad as that is to say.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:41 pm
Oh, I am honest . . . just tactful. I won't call my coworkers a sack of s**t, but will say they are of no benefit.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:33 pm
Fair enough, word choice matters a great deal for such things; I'm not too good at that around authorities, so no choice but to be nice. sweatdrop  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:14 am
my mind is my greatest strength . . . and words are my weapons. I use my extensive vocabulary to say what I need to, and try my best not to step on any toes. That said, a couple people (particularly a former coworker) can see through such tact to the core of the matter. It impressed him so much he wanted to be like me as I could tell my former manager she was an idiot and she thought I was giving her a compliment. Questioning her behavior without insubordination- but the intent is there. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:57 pm
i know I have a sharp mind, but I've always been fairly bad at speaking, and my writing skills have waned significantly since i stopped reading (college nuked my desire to read for pleasure, as i read tons of technical material).
Your wit is impressive in that you can nest insults inside complements.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:27 pm
I know that pain all too well. College ruined reading for me as well. I liked the material (psychology). It was my major, and the material was so incredibly boring that I lost all my love for reading. I've tried several times in the past to rekindle it, but such has proven incredibly difficult.

I use my words all the time in RP, even if only in my own head. Encounters, histories, even just world-building. That allows me to keep my words from stagnating. It helps a great deal with I am working on my second job (freelance writing for websites) or when I am able to write out RP posts.

I didn't mean for them to be insults, to be fair. Simply disagreeing with the idiots around me without saying they are idiots. Tactfully saying I disagree or undermining their argument using experience, facts, and common sense.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 4200 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games