Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4197 4198 4199 4200 4201 4202 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:02 am
Yes, you're not wrong, Gaia serves a different crowd now. Lanzer has been back for 8, 9 months and since then the community has perked up a bit. It won't ever be the same, though.

I know of many other RP sites if you're looking for a new community, it just depends on what you're looking for.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:08 pm
"You can't go back home again." Something you learn with experience, and as I near the end of my fourth decade of life, it is something I know well. That said, the thought of starting over somewhere is both interesting and intimidating. My movement is glacial . . . when I begin to move, it is difficult to make me stop. When I am stopped, my presence is there for the long haul. I've been on Gaia for 13.6 years. Since close to the beginning. That is a long time to invest in a place. And yet, the place has stopped caring for a long time about anything that I wanted. I have a hoard of items that neither are used, nor do I see wanting to part with. And yet so few people here that I can talk to. I guess I'm just being indecisive. And whiny.

What kinds of RP sites are you talking about, Wellie? *curious look* Do you mean preferred genres, writing styles, organization . . . what?  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:41 pm
Magni Prime
Do you mean preferred genres, writing styles, organization . . . what?

All of the above. I've shown you RPNation before, which is where I migrated to after my Gaia hiatus. I like it because it uses the XenForo software, so it's easy to use on my phone and loads fairly quickly. It''s got no ads, and it's a decently large community compared to a lot of other RP boards out there right now. I personally think it's the most like Gaia when it comes to writing quality and style, and a lot of my friends from here are on there too, like Zahzi and Giyari and Kami-Kahzy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:35 am
And so the Refuge is well and truly dead. crying  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:15 am
sweatdrop Sorry, I tend to get shy/sheepish when a conversation happens so quickly; don't know how to respond as such.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:42 am
Its not you, old friend. You, me, and Welian seem to be the only people that come here anymore. The same old things popping up in my head . . .  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:12 pm
I've sort of accepted it, I mean, Guilds just aren't that used anymore. The most successful RP ones tend to be tied to some sort of adoptable shop or long running RP group that... you know... actually posts. Unlike me.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:48 am
I remember this place thriving with hundreds of people stopping in and posting regularly. It's hard to not take the death of the Refuge personally. I know it is stupid, but still . . . it's how I feel.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:28 pm
Magni Prime
I remember this place thriving with hundreds of people stopping in and posting regularly. It's hard to not take the death of the Refuge personally. I know it is stupid, but still . . . it's how I feel.

It's not stupid at all to mourn the death of something that means a lot to you and has lots of great memories for you. I mean, this guild is where I met my boyfriend, and we just passed our fourth anniversary. I cried for a while when I found out the thread we met in was deleted from the guild archives.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:45 pm
You are also the captain who stuck with the Refuge the longest, so in a sense it was inevitable you would be in position when it faded. Gaia is ultimately more of a place for teens, as the average adult doesn't have the time to dedicate to 1 or more roleplays amid RL commitments.

FYI: I won't be online Friday-Sunday  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:47 am
welian
It's not stupid at all to mourn the death of something that means a lot to you and has lots of great memories for you. I mean, this guild is where I met my boyfriend, and we just passed our fourth anniversary. I cried for a while when I found out the thread we met in was deleted from the guild archives.

Deleted? I don't recall deleting anything from the archives- not for a damned long time. That is the point of the archives . . . a quick look shows things going back 10 years in there. I'm both confused and upset that things were removed from the archives.

As for your boyfriend, I hope you two are going well. I met my girlfriend (now wife) in a chat room as well. We did it before it was cool, back in 1999, if memory serves.

*turning to Yoder* Perhaps. I remember all the previous captains of this place. A part of me hoped that someday Swan would return, but that never did happen. Tana moved on, and so many others did too. as you know, old friend, I feel as though I failed them and this place with my lack of leadership. Logically, I know you are right. You've always pointed out that RP in Gaia has been dying for a long time and that the guilds are all but abandoned by those in charge. The two factors compounded for this place . . . and yet it is still my online home. You and I met here. Many others did too. Now it feels like a once great manor that has been allowed to fall into disrepair. Time is eating away at the walls, and I don't have the faintest idea how to restore it to the former glory . . . or even if it was possible.

I suppose I am just an old man grousing over better days.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:04 pm
Magni Prime
Deleted? I don't recall deleting anything from the archives- not for a damned long time. That is the point of the archives . . . a quick look shows things going back 10 years in there. I'm both confused and upset that things were removed from the archives.

As for your boyfriend, I hope you two are going well. I met my girlfriend (now wife) in a chat room as well. We did it before it was cool, back in 1999, if memory serves.

You're right! I just checked, and I was wrong. The thread was deleted, yes - but from the main forum. No one had thought to request it be archived, and so it was eventually purged. crying

We're doing well! There are many days when I don't find him as interesting or as engaging as my other friends, but I'd never leave him behind.

welian

Crew

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:50 am
welian
You're right! I just checked, and I was wrong. The thread was deleted, yes - but from the main forum. No one had thought to request it be archived, and so it was eventually purged. crying

We're doing well! There are many days when I don't find him as interesting or as engaging as my other friends, but I'd never leave him behind.

Okay, I can far more easily accept it was not archived than it was deleted from there. I'm still sorry that you lost the thread, but at least it was a mistake not a break of the rules. *hugs*

Me and the wife have nearly nothing in common. We don't watch the same shows, do the same things, etc. For years, we have asked "how in the hell do we work?" I love her, and am not leaving her at all . . . but even I am left wondering why sometimes.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:48 am
I'm actually considering spending time doing surveys for free gaia cash. Damn. How far am I sinking?  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:33 pm
Got back late Sunday. Work slammed me Monday. Spent today w/ dilated eyes; no work but also no screen time... gonk  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4197 4198 4199 4200 4201 4202 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games