Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:45 pm
Time flies. My eldest 2 niblings will soon be teenagers.
Hopefully your younger gets past the throes of puberty sooner rather than later.
Is your older staying in-state or traveling far for her college?

VtM Bloodlines 2 was just announced. Cautiously optimistic. Given how buggy but brilliant the original was, there's a decent chance they'll do an okay job with this; it's hard to get the VtM feel right w/o going too campy or too edgey.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:24 am
The biggest issue with my youngers how different she is from everyone else in my family. She's an extrovert, loves to be around people and have a massive social presence. The rest of us enjoy being quiet, and staying close to home. Thus it's like oil and water. We love each other, and there's the seed of a good person in there. It's just difficult when she is so radically different than us. As for my older, the school requires two years residency. So for at least two years she's going to be up there and living in New York. It's going to be hard on me, but I fervently believe she's going to absolutely flourish there. We have visited the campus twice now, and both times it was very comfortable for her. I really do think she's going to do well.

I never did get a chance to play the original. That said, I enjoyed the tabletop version. As for the balance between camp and emo, let's face it. The game is nothing but that in a nutshell. The game offered some super powers, but it was essentially a political and drama play. How they're going to pull that off without BioWare level of dialogue, is going to be difficult.  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:42 pm
Ah, that degree of incompatibility is rough.

At least NY isn't very far away - driving distance.

This is true, for all the seriousness the World of Darkness pretends to have, it is fundamentally a supernatural soap opera.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:48 am
Incompatibility. That's a good word for it. I love her, she's my girl, but let's face it, she is just completely against everything I know to be. With her older sister leaving, we've still got about 3 years in this house together. What she's done from high school, we're going to move. Who knows what'll happen in those years.

The distance is about four and a half hours by car. Not something that's beyond reason, but not something that can be done easily. The funny thing is, by train or bus it's an 11-hour trip. Hard to believe that it's more than double the amount of time to take public transit than to just drive.

I greatly enjoyed playing vampire the Masquerade. It was a fun game, and it had some interesting aspects to it. A lot of it was political power play, and let's face it, the vampire powers really didn't do much in a combat situation. With the exception of one or two, they were all essentially role-playing tools. Turning that into a video game will always be tricky. I kind of wonder if they're going to have an option to make everything super edgy and dark, Supreme edgelord version. Might as well Pander to your audience, right?  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:26 am
Sorry, amazing how fast a week can fly by...

Well, at least being more social her friends at school can be a partial outlet.
Ah, yes, you've previously mentioned moving to the northwest, I believe.

Still, being somewhat close by makes things easier.
Yeah, sometimes public transportation is completely ridiculous. I would take the bus, but turning my 20m commute into 1h is a no-go.

There are a great many games I've pored over but never played; VtM is one of those, so I'm sure the experience playing is different than i would imagine.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:48 am
Don't worry about it old friend . . . I have had a hell of a week myself. Took the car in for a few minor fixes and inspection. Ended up being over a thousand dollars, and then one of the brakes fell off. O F F, fell off. The car has since been back in several times (for free), and it still isn't right back up to where it was. The catch is, I don't really know if I want to take it back to that chop shop. When I am driving and the brakes fall off and lock up because they forgot (or chose not to) tighten a bolt, all trust is gone. That was it, too. I found the bolt on the ground. One bolt. ******** insane. so now the car acts a little funny, but I have no faith in the guys that will fix it. On the other hand, i don't have the money to take it anywhere else . . .

I played V:tM tabletop, and it was a lot of fun . . . just never managed to get around to the digital version.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:30 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:23 am
Hey, Goosey. *gluggles*  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:58 am
Hi, Goosey!

~

I'm amazed that garage is still in business w/ such shoddy workmanship. At least they have the decency to not charge you for fixing their own mishaps.

Amazon had a decent sale on board & tabletop gaming yesterday. Managed to get a decent deal on 1 game I had been eyeing.
I keep finding myself gravitating more to board/card/dice games than tabletop (due to the large commitment) or video (not entirely sure why) games.

Got to share the Avatar the Last Airbender cartoon w/ my nephew; he loves it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:02 am
Mechanically, my car appears to be okay. Nothing is falling off or making weird noises except for a slight squeak from what I think is the breaks. It's nothing I can't live with. What upsets me is that now all the problems are electrical. The door locks repeatedly lock over and over again whenever I turn the engine over until I put it into gear. The cruise control is gone. The traction control likes to go away. One of my tires is now having new problems with the air pressure sensor, a new tire not the one that got fixed. All of these problems are electrical or having to deal with sensors. That garage reprogrammed my car no less than five times. I'm convinced that they screwed up a fair number of other systems, but I'm not taking it back to them to screw up even more. Unfortunately, I'm out of money. So I'm just going to have to live with these little quirks for now. As for fixing their own mistakes, that's part of the reason I'm not going back. The new ownership has you sign a piece of paper saying that you approve of the work before you get your car back. In my mind, unless I'm mistaken, that's them covering their a** for when things go wrong that they either sabotaged, did crappy work on, or just flat-out decided not to look at. I am not trusting anything that I have to sign a piece of paper to say I approve of their job before I even get to see how bad they screwed up. I'm done with them, and I'm doing all in my power to spread the word that you cannot trust that garage. Usually I'm not so vindictive. This time? They deserve it and I don't care.

I miss gaming. Even just tabletop or playing a game that I have. I've got one I believe it's called forbidden island that's a Cooperative game that really was fun. Trouble is I have no friends in real life to play games with. I've got plenty online, but none that I can have over for a meal and a game.

Without a doubt avatar The Last Airbender is one of the best animated things to come out in the last 20 years. It has a wonderful Arc, character development, a decent story, and good animation. I'm glad you're getting to enjoy it with your nephew.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:14 pm
I saw Endgame tonight....wow. truly epic!  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:36 am
Electrical problems are a pain, but like you say, better than mechanical ones.
Yeah, that sounds like majorly shady CYA w/ that waiver having to be signed before you really get a chance to drive your car afterward.
Sometimes you've got to be a hardcore consumer advocate when business fail to uphold fairness. Obviously this phrase gets takes way too far sometimes nowadays, but ultimately that's where "the custoemr is always right" came from.

Forbidden Island is a good game. I own it and the sequel Forbidden Desert. Cooperative gaming is a nice change of pace from the usual competition.
Does your family enjoy board games at all? I know a game can quickly get overplayed if it's the only or favorite one, though.
And even if you wanted to play board games w/ your online friends, digital adaptions of board games are nearly universally chintzy.
Many look down their noses at tabletopping & boardgaming, but is there anybody from your workplace that has been interested at all?

My nephew & nieces are hooked on Avatar now; they've already blazed through season 1.

Nice, I've been seeing endless good reviews for it. I'll check it out when it comes to rental/streaming.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:10 am
Mierf.

I haven't looked in here in so long, I'm surprised. For years I've been trying to get away from this site oh, but I couldn't find anything better for me. I can't say I found something better yet. And yet even I have to admit that the site is dying.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:50 pm
I'm old. My older daughter just got her high school diploma.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:21 pm
It's certainly been quite a year, no?