The worst feeling I will feel,
my leave of this world is real.
Fate's pre-emptive strike
had my future sealed.
A future to look forward to.
A future I worked hard for.
The future I see drift away with my consciousness.
My reward? To bathe in my crimson lifestream.
Hoping to tell myself this is just a dream.
I forsake my gifted life, the next scene,
all to protect another's dream.
As I finish my journey, I will attest,
that I will knock on your door, to say...I did my best.
- by Brocloud Nightkid |
- Poetry And Lyrics
- | Submitted on 11/21/2009 |
- Title: Knock Knock
- Artist: Brocloud Nightkid
- Description: This is one of my first pieces in a new collection that I am starting. Knock Knock is an expressional poem dealing with the transition of life and death. The time to question whether the sacrifice is worth it and if the result is met.
- Date: 11/21/2009
- Tags: knock knock
- Report Post
Comments (1 Comments)
- ThievingNihilism - 11/25/2009
- If I could give it more than a five I probably would... just for that last line
- Report As Spam