The screaming Silence suffocates my voice once more.
Soft breathing is the only sound heard.
And I try to muffle my crying from you,
But I can feel the all too familiar tear glide down my face.
You have never laid on hand on me before;
But you have hit me with words,
Beat me with your tone,
And killed me with Silence.
Without a warning, you choose to flee.
My voice returns and can breathe,
Yet asks the question: why?
Your answer lacks logic,
And only pierces my heart.
The Silence creeps up behind me,
And holds my throat.
The all too familiar tear multiplies.
Then finally, you leave me to cry.
You think I will be fine in and hour or two.
So you leave me with the murderous Silence as my only company.
- by hello taylorrr |
- Poetry And Lyrics
- | Submitted on 11/29/2009 |
- Title: Silence
- Artist: hello taylorrr
- Description: another lovely free verse poem. basically, a girl is talking to a boy on the phone whom she loves but he snaps at her (which he does frequently) and it hurts her feelings so out of fear she hardly speaks. The boy then gets irritated and wants to get off the phone but she doesn't want him to. This situation occurs a lot for her and that's what the poem is saying.
- Date: 11/29/2009
- Tags: heartbreak roamce
- Report Post
Comments (2 Comments)
- hello taylorrr - 11/29/2009
- i greatly appreciate your feedback and encouragement. i am glad that i was able to capture the right emotion for you. that truly makes me smile because in all my poems i pour out my heart and express one emotion in hopes that someone out there can relate to it. thank you, thank you!!!
- Report As Spam
- Kitten254 - 11/29/2009
- truly beautiful. You have expressed an emotion I have been aiming for for months now, in this single poem. Truly an amazing story, I must say. 5/5 for true feeling. Keep up the excellent work, darling!
- Report As Spam