Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
Random Chatter III: VENGANCE OF THE RANDOMS Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 143 144 145 146 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:37 pm
I like PBR. =3

I kinda wished they had made it so you 'threw' the balls, though...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:46 pm
Fox Demon Shippo
I like PBR. =3

I know, right? You'd think that they could do at least that.

@Tippy: I may not know how much, but I certainly tried to make it as ridiculous but most logical sounding at the exact same time. And then I remembered that you said that you RP'd them. XD But I really think that Lugia is trying to get all the attention in the video games and the manga and the anime and stuff, because he doesn't have such loving followers.

EDIT:
omfg. I just fell in love with Sapphire. I love her. I want to be her.
In other news, Ruby sucks mega Primeape balls. D: I was told that he was more into contests and Saph into battles, but I never imagined.... I mean... Even I know that I gotta raise battle-strong Pokemon for contests!  

Melody Hikari-Shinu Anson

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:34 am
Fox Demon Shippo
I like PBR. =3

I know, right? You'd think that they could do at least that.

@Tippy: I may not know how much, but I certainly tried to make it as ridiculous but most logical sounding at the exact same time. And then I remembered that you said that you RP'd them. XD But I really think that Lugia is trying to get all the attention in the video games and the manga and the anime and stuff, because he doesn't have such loving followers.

EDIT:
omfg. I just fell in love with Sapphire. I love her. I want to be her.
In other news, Ruby sucks mega Primeape balls. D: I was told that he was more into contests and Saph into battles, but I never imagined.... I mean... Even I know that I gotta raise battle-strong Pokemon for contests!

Lol, oh man. You have hit it right on the mark, Melody. xD My friend and I RP Ho-Oh and Lugia almost exactly like that. Lugia's the ostracized, slightly immature rebel who likes stirring up trouble and as a result, doesn't have many fans nor worshipers. Whereas Ho-Oh is the revered and beloved God everyone loves, and he's got a whole slew of followers and popular opinion is that Lugia's only good aspect is his brother Ho-Oh, and yadda yadda yadda. rofl

As for Ruby and Sapphire, don't count Ruby out yet! He's a good fighter, but he focuses more on contests for a reason. ;O

@PBR: Yeah, they could've done a lot of better things with PBR. And if I remember correctly, Genius Sonority DID want to do much more with the game, but simply ran out of time, which is such a shame. It could've been a REALLY great game.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:51 am
@PBR: That's bull, they could have just pushed the date forward.

Yea, but. He's annoying. And now I don't want to be considered a contest trainer with someone like him running around. >3> Of course, I just started. XD I just reached the part where he's met up with Briney.

Poor Lugia. He tries so hard. But he won't ever capture my heart like Ho-oh has. |D Plus, Ho-oh's got the better story in the games. Lugia just has those whirlpools and his home is used to threaten bad children with. xDDD

EDIT: I read past the part where he actually DOES something. I'm currently at his Pokemon evolving.
But that's not what this edit's about. "What each generation gave us" should come out of hiding. We need to update it with DPPt/XD/PBR.  

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:18 am
Lugia always seemed cooler to me. Story-wise maybe not as interesting, but way sleeker and sexier imho.

I always thought Ho Oh looked like a vulture-turkey crossbreed... o_o  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:36 am
jedi_master_tenku
Lugia always seemed cooler to me. Story-wise maybe not as interesting, but way sleeker and sexier imho.

I always thought Ho Oh looked like a vulture-turkey crossbreed... o_o

OMFG. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT MY FRIEND DREW OF HO-OH.

http://rodentruler.deviantart.com/art/HeartGold-Ho-oh-127618731  

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:48 am
@Melody: I think they would've if they were able to. I got the impression (because the head of Genius Sonority did an interview about PBR) that Nintendo, the publisher, didn't want any delays, so if they couldn't finish something, then they were SOL.

And aww, give Ruby a chance. He has a really good reason for being an a*****e. Spoiler: *
He actually kinda hates himself and sees his battling prowess as disgusting and something that makes him a morally "ugly" person, so he participates in solely contests and acts like a jackass (especially to his father, who taught him how to fight) to avoid having to deal with that issue.* Of course, it doesn't help that Norman's borderline abusive, either. lol

Re: Ho-Oh and Lugia: I actually love both the birds and avidly collect them both. Lugia just gets the short end of the stick in my RP because that's how his player plays him. xD

And that art of Ho-Oh, Melody, while very skillful, is so horribly ugly. gonk I have to agree with the commenter on the top.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:37 pm
Augh, turned on small text because I'm getting walls of text. XD

=w= Nintendo's being silly now.
Oh, of course it doesn't. Manga Norman scares me. Total polar opposite of the anime one. And I don't care how skillful or how much he hates battling or how "ugly" it makes him appear, he should still know that in contests, the Pokemon have to be strong enough to battle for that category, so they should be battle-ready in addition to beautiful! D< I almost didn't want to be put in the same category of trainer type as him. [But now that he's shown SOME battle sense, I don't mind as much.]

That's my only problem with Roderu's art of one of my favorite legendaries. It doesn't capture his elegance. Although, a lot of her realistic Pokemon art make them less cute and cuddly and more scary. It's a part of her style, and I had wanted to see Ho-oh drawn in her style, so I didn't feel like I should complain. I definitely can't draw creatures so skillfully. [Oh, but you should see the art of the Johto starters' final evolutions she did a year or two ago. They definitely wouldn't look out of place in our real world like that. And they aren't ugly. This one's actually kind of her first failure, to me.]
*sees who the top commentator is* And LOL. That's my friend. He's on Gaia here, too, though not that much [I keep telling him to join! D<] He's also on Serebii. XD He keeps spazzing about how people are quoting his words from arguments and such. I totally saw that coming though. It's amusing watching him watch himself get popular on Serebii.

Now, about that "What each Generation gave us" thread... [I've also been thinking up things that I didn't see covered regarding the previous games!]

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:11 pm
I... Don't think the battling aspect of contests is in the manga? I'm pretty sure that that's an anime-only quirk. Remember, Pokémon*SPECIAL has absolutely no ties to the anime, past being about Pokémon as well. So anime rules will not be followed in it. P*S follows the games instead.

And yeah, her skill is undeniable. But too realistic Pokémon are just... Ugly as sin, no matter how skillful they've been drawn. A balance between fantasy and realism is really what suits Pokémon better.

And feel free to start a "what each gen gave us" thread, or such.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:47 pm
But there was an old one... ;.; It can't be revived?

=.= I just found out that I can CLICK on the small scans and it'll zoom in.

EDIT: I just got to the part about their pasts and OMFG. ;O; THAT IS SO CUTE. <3

edit 2: *starts snickering at the "daddy don't go" scene*

Edit 3: OMFGANIMEMOVIEGEAR*SPAZZSPAZZ* Plus, just the fact that it's Mewtwo helps. 8D;;;

edit 4: AHHH, NO, THERE'S MISSING CHAPTERS IN THE FR/LG ARC! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT DEOXYS SAYS TO YELLOW. ;.; Stupid lazy unorganized uploaders, don't even separate chapters that much and then mix s**t up and then don't even bother putting them in order....
Oh well. I've found me another site. =D I should go to bed though. It's 4. ;.; But I really really really wanna finish the FR/LG arc. ;__;  

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:53 pm
There's so much you can do on the current gen games...

Also, I have found the joy that is breeding. That is all.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:24 pm
But there was an old one... ;.; It can't be revived?

It's in there for a reason. If you really want to continue discussing that topic, then make a new one. I'm not going to do it for you. neutral  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:15 am
I was hoping that you would move the told one, or some other mod, but if it's in there for a reason other than old age, I would rather not create a new one. Especially if my sole purpose was to revive that one.

I apologize if any of this sounds rude.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:28 pm
I was hoping that you would move the told one, or some other mod, but if it's in there for a reason other than old age, I would rather not create a new one. Especially if my sole purpose was to revive that one.

I apologize if any of this sounds rude.

Neth and Golem want to clean the guild out of old threads. Hence, that one's in the trash bin. You're very welcome to recreate a new one, but the way you kept insisting on it kind of got on my nerves, since it came across to me as, 'Tippy, I want this thread, so make it for me'.

If any of you guys have an idea for a thread, make it. You don't need my permission, nor do you have to get me to create your thread for you. And if your thread breaks the rules somehow, don't worry; I'll cut you some slack. At this point, most threads probably wouldn't be repeats, because most of the other threads are dead, so create away if you have an idea!

But I'm not going to do it for you, okay?

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:42 pm
I understand.  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 143 144 145 146 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games