Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply General Chatter (spam)
Tell us about your day. -cuz we love to listen- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 350 351 352 353 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love getting 10g for these poll questions? -even though its not alot-
  <333333
  gold sucks.
View Results

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:33 pm
So, you still giving prizes to everyone who finishes? I won't stop until I'm completely finished.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:36 pm
Tak-Jak
emo Thats not fair... your over in cali.. and get to see it in.. HOLLYWOOD.... Im going to tell my twin to buy my a plane ticket and fly me over there... He Lives in San Fran. So.. close enough.

YOU SHOULD. ):< It'd be fun. Hurrah for movie premieres, even if the movie really isn't turning out to look that great. neutral
But yes. You should totally fly out here for the weekend. I'm going to see it in Hollywood, and then at midnight in my hometown with my friends, and then after school, and then probably at night with my family.

WHOO ED HERE I COME heart heart heart heart  

.nouvel.espoir.

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:33 pm
oh, well ask me for help smoetime. I own at them. (advanced classes sweatdrop )

I think...I can't remember. My specialty=geometry.

ERAGOOON is so cute. heart but my Everan is cuter heart heart heart

Craaaaaaaaap...he isn't mine. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:01 pm
Ya... I really think this movie is going to disappoint me..
I mean tat already made one huge mistake..
that really makes me mad.

They made Arya BLONDE!
WTH!?

It clearly states her "dark" hair color
grrrrr.

[/stops rant before bad things happen]

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:05 pm
*rawrhiss*

watch that be higely important later

and they screw things up beyond repair.

Do book writers get to help w/ the movie? Maybe?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:56 am
If I decide to get my book published, honestly I dont think I would want it being made into a movie. Yes it makes more money and stuff.. but my novel is going to be so much longer then a 2 hour movie.. there are so many things that you cannot miss.. so many details only your mind can create. I do not wish people to go veiw the movie only because they are to lazy to read, and unable to understand the point when the movie gives nothing close to the book.

But then again.. what am I rambling about.
Im not sure if I am even taking my manuscript to a publisher.
*le sigh*

Im Done.

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:48 pm
I don't want my books or Wingless series to be a movie...

But if they did Wingless as a high-quality anime, I'd so do that. Feels like more of a TV show, in my opinion. Plus, I'd make sure it has the most insane opener ever, with anime characters flying everywhere and blazing guitar music in the background. Though, I suppose that's a lot like other animes.

@ Tak: Why wouldn't you take your manuscript to a publisher? There's nothing to lose. Well... besides money. So nevermind.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:01 pm
[ In Nomine Satanas ]
So, you still giving prizes to everyone who finishes? I won't stop until I'm completely finished.

Haha, of course I am. And luckily, for the sake of my gold wallet, it seems a lot of people dropped out. So I'll basically be able to get your prizes to you guys right away when the contest is over.  

BlackHawkGS

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:47 pm
No.. I just have a problem with my own work. I always feel its not good enough.. and publishers always tear things apart. And my self esteem being already at -1000000... it would kinda be bad for me.

And money. My pokets are empty.. and I feel bad asking my mom.. because my dads having problems with his business.. and my moms a teacher so she doesnt make much. SO I have to wait for a few paychecks from the hospital before I get anywhere...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:14 pm
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Notebook. Missing. Engage. Freak-out. Mode. Ensue. Hyper. Ventilating. gonk

A quarter of my life has vanished. crying

NOTE: There are about twenty quarters to my life. xD

Reese_Roper

Reese_Roper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:07 pm
Okay, freak-out over. After a thorough search, I found it. I am now a full five people again. (Insane, sensible, creative, paranoid, and sorrowful/in pain.)

I've been saving up just for the purpose of taking a finished book to a publisher. And I would love for it to be a movie... if I got to be in on the writing, directing, and casting of it. No way are they butchering my baby. mad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:07 pm
BlackHawkGS
[ In Nomine Satanas ]

Haha, of course I am. And luckily, for the sake of my gold wallet, it seems a lot of people dropped out. So I'll basically be able to get your prizes to you guys right away when the contest is over.

I've hit 20k, which based on the word count I've seen seems to be higher than anyone else in this guild. I haven't even gotten to the good stuff yet. I will hit 50k. That I am sure of.  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:47 pm
I'm not so sure if I can make it this year, no matter how much I freakin' want to.

Hawk, I'll donate 6k to the cause 4laugh

But back to me whining. There are three kinds of people in life: winners, losers, and the ones in between that never seem to gain on anyone but then, never know when to lie down, shut up, and save their own a** by not fighting back.

I fall neatly into the third category. I NEVER know when to quit. ONce again, it's a paradisitic Kamile-esque type thing that I really shouldn't have but do anyway.

Amazing how mean I am to my characters...and this is what happens. I turn INTO them.

My karma hates me.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:50 pm
But, back to today. My friend slept over last night for the first time in ages, and we had so much fun watching the unrated Stay Alive and Edward Scissorhands. Which is freaky. Very freaky.

And I was SO MEAN to Kamile last night and this morning that I don't know why my karma hasn't axe-murdered me yet. Gods, no wonder she hates me...

(Once, when I was completely mental/half-asleep, I had a nice chat with my two favorite characters--Kamile hates my guts, and Everan doesn't really care. *sigh* but they're fun to talk to. I kid you not.)

I am NOT on drugs.

Thank you, and goodnight. Nano awaits *grumbles*

The fun is being sucked out of it...I want to finish, but I need more TIME. /the magic cure for writer's block.  

KirbyVictorious

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:42 am
Kirby that is one step away from being completely psychotic. But anyways.

I often find myself mentally talking to my characters. In my mind I picture the character, then he starts a slowl circular spin as I figure out what I want to do. After that he lifts his head and the scene plays out in my mind first. I control it like a movie: stop, pause, play, fast forward, rewind, etc. I can control the camera angle as well. Keeping it like that, I picture every aspect of what I want to happen before I begin to write it. If when I'm writing I find something I like I'll go back to that scene and work it in with the same movie mindset. Interesting to say the least.

50k... Here I come.  
General Chatter (spam)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 350 351 352 353 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games