Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
Random Chatter III: VENGANCE OF THE RANDOMS Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 143 144 145 146 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darkgloomie

10,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:14 am
[Philosophy In A Teacup]

@Gloomie: Aha! The name glitch! Since the beginning, there's been a glitch with the GTS that Nintendo's just been too lazy to fix or something. If you nickname a Pokémon a different species' name, and then put it up asking for that species, your Pokémon's sprite will show up as that species. So, like, if you nickname a Vulpix "Flygon", and then put it up asking for a Flygon, the Vulpix's sprite will be that of Flygon's.

Sounds like it's mutated to "Just nickname it a different species" if it wasn't asking for a Jirachi in return. But that's why you always go by the "Nickname/Species Name" part. You can't trick the server into changing the species' name.
still works like that. I was searching for a Stunky, and I found a Vespiquen named Stunky ._. It's lvl18, so I'm not sure it's legal or what... I think Combee evolve at lvl20 or something  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:34 pm
just put it in your mouth
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Fiery Tiamat
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
nintendo wfc is giving out free pika color pichus!
get one now!

But only if you didn't get it at the GameStop before.
I wanna get me one of those.

I'm pretty sure I brought my Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum with me, so I got ya covered. And even if not, I still could clone it. xD
stare riiiiiiiiiiight...

What's with the doubt? That I have Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum? I also have Japanese Diamond. Or that I brought them with me (since I'm away from my apartment for the weekend)? I did, I checked. Or that I could clone the PCP? Already have; Cloned the Japanese one a few times the other day, along with Movie Theater Arceus. Or that I'd give you guys a clone PCP? Sure would, but we've been through this before; Only when I feel like it.

Or something else?

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Mr Popo in your mouth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:53 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Fiery Tiamat
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
nintendo wfc is giving out free pika color pichus!
get one now!

But only if you didn't get it at the GameStop before.
I wanna get me one of those.

I'm pretty sure I brought my Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum with me, so I got ya covered. And even if not, I still could clone it. xD
stare riiiiiiiiiiight...

What's with the doubt? That I have Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum? I also have Japanese Diamond. Or that I brought them with me (since I'm away from my apartment for the weekend)? I did, I checked. Or that I could clone the PCP? Already have; Cloned the Japanese one a few times the other day, along with Movie Theater Arceus. Or that I'd give you guys a clone PCP? Sure would, but we've been through this before; Only when I feel like it.

Or something else?
No, No tippy don't worry about me tippy. I'll be fine tippy. I don't need the pichu anymore tippy. not after I traded my best salemance for it!!!!

(just kidding. I know you had people asking for events before me . but seriously I don't need a pichu anymore since I got the wifi event. so you can check me off your list if you would like.)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:06 pm
I could probably get a PCP myself if I can find a wireless access point before they stop giving them away. I really need see if I can get my hands on a Wi-Fi USB Connector.  

Dragon Queen Tiamat

Melody Hikari-Shinu Anson

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:50 pm
Fiery Tiamat
I could probably get a PCP myself if I can find a wireless access point before they stop giving them away. I really need see if I can get my hands on a Wi-Fi USB Connector.
ebay, though those things run for up to $20 before it finishes.
That's how I got mine. Though I lucked out at $14, iirc.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:28 am
Fiery Tiamat
I had to pay a lot more for a new one ._.

SO yeah, Tiamat, I guess you'd better look on ebay, though be sure that either it's still sealed, or that the CD to install the program is included.  

darkgloomie

10,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100

Dragon Queen Tiamat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:33 am
darkgloomie
Fiery Tiamat
I had to pay a lot more for a new one ._.

SO yeah, Tiamat, I guess you'd better look on ebay, though be sure that either it's still sealed, or that the CD to install the program is included.
Hmm... I'll try ringing my "dealer" first. He had one before he closed the shop and I trust him more than ebay. If he can't get one though, I'll have to try ebay. Thanks, guys.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:21 pm
No, No tippy don't worry about me tippy. I'll be fine tippy. I don't need the pichu anymore tippy. not after I traded my best salemance for it!!!!

(just kidding. I know you had people asking for events before me . but seriously I don't need a pichu anymore since I got the wifi event. so you can check me off your list if you would like.)

Hey, don't get mad that I didn't get around to getting you a PCP before you traded for one. I'm not getting a thing in return with these trades, so if I don't feel like doing them, I won't. But come HG/SS next week, I will, because I'll already be on my DS, might as well take five minutes to pop on Diamond and give someone an event Pokémon.

But I'll say this now before anything happens: I love helping you guys get rare Pokémon. All you gotta do is ask. But if anyone forgets that this service I offer is a privilege and not right, I will stop offering anyone anything. Alright? Not saying this to anyone in particular, but there's been lots of times, here and elsewhere, where people have taken this forgranted and it never ends well.

@USB Connector: Oh man, I have one of those. b***h cost me $40 new. Worked like a charm, and then I got a wireless router. Now the thing's collecting dust in a bag somewhere.

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Dragon Queen Tiamat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:03 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]

@USB Connector: Oh man, I have one of those. b***h cost me $40 new. Worked like a charm, and then I got a wireless router. Now the thing's collecting dust in a bag somewhere.
Problem is my DS won't connect to my wireless router. That's why I have to get one. I don't know why it won't, since my Wii connects just fine.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:04 pm
Hm.

Have you tried posting/looking in the Tech Forums, or trying Google?

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:18 pm
Fiery Tiamat
[Philosophy In A Teacup]

Problem is my DS won't connect to my wireless router. That's why I have to get one. I don't know why it won't, since my Wii connects just fine.

That's odd. Is it doing anything, like giving you an error? Or is it, like, just not connecting, no word or explanation or anything? I vaguely recall having difficulty with mine at first, too.

Oh! Are you telling the USB-C to allow your DS to connect? Stupid question, I know, but better to cover the bases. USB-C generates a locked WiFi hotspot, so only manually approved Nintendo consoles can connect to it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:04 pm
The problem I'm having is this: When I direct my DS to search out an access point, it tells me that my wireless router's security settings are not supported by my DS. I went onto the Nintendo troubleshooting website but I got the impression that there was nothing I could do about this. That's why I need to buy a Nintendo USB Connector.  

Dragon Queen Tiamat

melikefood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:55 pm
@Firey At this point you need the USB connector.
I tried to bring down my access point to WEP encryption (The absolute maximum security that a DS will comply with) and my internet was quickly RAPED to death. I had to switch it back.

All access points use WPA connection now. A DSi can utilize a WPA encryption for browsing. But for Pokemon it can only handle up to WEP.

I have to use the connection at my uncle's house. It has no security. I have no idea why it hasn't been beaten to death by trollboxes yet, but whatever.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:21 pm
melikefood
@Firey At this point you need the USB connector.
I tried to bring down my access point to WEP encryption (The absolute maximum security that a DS will comply with) and my internet was quickly RAPED to death. I had to switch it back.

All access points use WPA connection now. A DSi can utilize a WPA encryption for browsing. But for Pokemon it can only handle up to WEP.

I have to use the connection at my uncle's house. It has no security. I have no idea why it hasn't been beaten to death by trollboxes yet, but whatever.
It's "Tia" or "Tiamat", please. But yeah, I can connect to the wireless router at my aunt's house, so I'm hoping I can get a chance to go there before they stop giving out the PCP.  

Dragon Queen Tiamat

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:18 am
Whooo this month's CoroCoro is boring. Mainly just Tracks of Light junk. But it did reveal half of the 13th movie POBs: If you pre-order your movie ticket, you'll be able to download either Raikou, Entei, or Suicune. They will be shiny and each will know a special move (Raikou knows Zap Cannon, Entei knows Flare Blitz, and Suicune knows Sheer Cold).

I don't think the magazine said how it will be determined which one you get, since all the translations just say "OR!!!!!!!" when listing them, meaning you can only get one. Maybe it'll be random? Who knows.

There's also speculated to be a secondary movie POB, for when you actually go to the movie, since there always is. This'll most likely be the Celebi that unlocks the time travel event in HG/SS.

Also, CoroCoro said that next month it'll reveal some details regarding the 5th gen games.

♪♫ Just when you think you're in control; Just when you think you've got a hold; Just when you get on a roll; Oh here it goes, here it goes, here it goes again~! Oh here it goes again~! ♫♪

Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 143 144 145 146 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games