Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
Random Chatter III: VENGANCE OF THE RANDOMS Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 143 144 145 146 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragon Queen Tiamat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:37 pm
I want a Shiny Raikou! heart (Probably wont get one anyway...)

New 5th gen info next month! It will be interesting to see what they say about it...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:07 pm
Fiery Tiamat
I want a Shiny Raikou! heart (Probably wont get one anyway...)

New 5th gen info next month! It will be interesting to see what they say about it...

Haha, there's a good chance that, if anything, these'll see an English release, like NEP/PCP/Movie Arceus/NZ Jirachi/so forth. The Japanese ones will probably become really common, too.

Also

UH OH

ENGLISH HG OM RAY GOT LEEEEEAKED

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Bulbasauur

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:35 pm
Haha, I thought it was going to get leaked sooner. These 3 days are killing me.

What would be revealed at the most about the new games next corocoro?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:30 pm
Bulbasauur
Haha, I thought it was going to get leaked sooner. These 3 days are killing me.

What would be revealed at the most about the new games next corocoro?

anything, pretty much

names, plots, region, starters, trainers, more Pokémon

also according to text dumps of the english HG om ray, Ho-Oh's Tin Tower got renamed to "Bell Tower"

Bell Tower

brb raging

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Dragon Queen Tiamat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:07 pm
Eh? BELL Tower?! WTF?!

PS. I got my PCPs today! 4laugh One for Diamond, one for Pearl and one for Platinum! *dances*

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:34 am
Fiery Tiamat
Eh? BELL Tower?! WTF?!

PS. I got my PCPs today! 4laugh One for Diamond, one for Pearl and one for Platinum! *dances*

I know right?! Why change what it was in GSC? And now, there's no dynamic with Lugia's tower! (If anyone didn't know, the Burned Tower is actually called the "Brass Tower". Or, that's what it was called before it burnt down.)

Me and my inner Ho-Ohs are displeased. User Image

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Dragon Queen Tiamat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:29 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Fiery Tiamat
Eh? BELL Tower?! WTF?!

I know right?! Why change what it was in GSC? And now, there's no dynamic with Lugia's tower! (If anyone didn't know, the Burned Tower is actually called the "Brass Tower". Or, that's what it was called before it burnt down.)

Me and my inner Ho-Ohs are displeased. User Image
Why in the world would they change the name?! It was still called the Tin Tower in the English versions of G/S/C! What possible reason would they have for changing it?!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:33 pm
Fiery Tiamat
Why in the world would they change the name?! It was still called the Tin Tower in the English versions of G/S/C! What possible reason would they have for changing it?!

Well, the Japanese name is "Suzu", so maybe they wanted something more true? Either way, it's still retarded, because what? Are they going to disregard Lugia's tower name past "Burned Tower"?

Tards. User Image

Also, can something familiar with GameStop's practices clear something up for me? Copypasta from my AC thread:

Quote:
a bunch of people on pokemon@LJ have reported that all this past week, gamestops were getting rid of their HG/SS promo stuff, which i want a lot. but i went to two gamestops today and both ones were like, "nah, we still have to keep these up for three more weeks". the second one threw in that they weren't allowed to give them away anyway and that they had just that very day put up the "PRE-ORDER HG/SS TODAY!" adverts, which is absolute bullshit, since the games launch tomorrow, why the hell put up the pre-order adverts today?

and after tomorrow, they won't need the pre-order adverts anyway, since there will be no more pre-orders obviously. ******** gamestop.

Are they being jerks again and giving me the run around, or what? If it helps, both GameStops I checked were in malls and not stand-alone stores.  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Dragon Queen Tiamat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:02 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Well, the Japanese name is "Suzu", so maybe they wanted something more true? Either way, it's still retarded, because what? Are they going to disregard Lugia's tower name past "Burned Tower"?

Tards. User Image

...That's stupid. evil

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Also, can something familiar with GameStop's practices clear something up for me? Copypasta from my AC thread:

Quote:
a bunch of people on pokemon@LJ have reported that all this past week, gamestops were getting rid of their HG/SS promo stuff, which i want a lot. but i went to two gamestops today and both ones were like, "nah, we still have to keep these up for three more weeks". the second one threw in that they weren't allowed to give them away anyway and that they had just that very day put up the "PRE-ORDER HG/SS TODAY!" adverts, which is absolute bullshit, since the games launch tomorrow, why the hell put up the pre-order adverts today?

and after tomorrow, they won't need the pre-order adverts anyway, since there will be no more pre-orders obviously. ******** gamestop.

Are they being jerks again and giving me the run around, or what? If it helps, both GameStops I checked were in malls and not stand-alone stores.
Since I've never been to a Gamestop before, I don't know... Maybe it's only happening in large stores or something....  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:18 pm
I've heard they made a mistake in GSC, since "Suzu no To", I believe Ho-Oh's tower is called, can be translated to either "bell tower" or "tin tower". And since other facets of the fandom have associated bells with Ho-Oh's tower (namely the Clear Bell), maybe they decided to give it the correct name this time around?

Either way, it's still stupid. I reject this change! It will always be "Tin Tower" to me.

And I dunno. The people reporting to have gotten the promos didn't say which stores kinds of stores they went to. I did theorize that, since both GameStops were kiosks in malls, maybe that had something to do with it. I'm going to check at my GameStop tomorrow, since it's a stand-alone store in the middle of no where.

Failing that, I'm going to go to every damned Stop in the area until I find one willing to give me the promos. Eon collectors spend $300 before fees on a tiny Umbreon keychain from Yahoo!Japan Auctions, I do this. :|

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Dragon Queen Tiamat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:07 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
I've heard they made a mistake in GSC, since "Suzu no To", I believe Ho-Oh's tower is called, can be translated to either "bell tower" or "tin tower". And since other facets of the fandom have associated bells with Ho-Oh's tower (namely the Clear Bell), maybe they decided to give it the correct name this time around?

Either way, it's still stupid. I reject this change! It will always be "Tin Tower" to me.

And I dunno. The people reporting to have gotten the promos didn't say which stores kinds of stores they went to. I did theorize that, since both GameStops were kiosks in malls, maybe that had something to do with it. I'm going to check at my GameStop tomorrow, since it's a stand-alone store in the middle of no where.

Failing that, I'm going to go to every damned Stop in the area until I find one willing to give me the promos. Eon collectors spend $300 before fees on a tiny Umbreon keychain from Yahoo!Japan Auctions, I do this. :|
They called it the Tin Tower in the anime as well... They should've kept it as it was.

EDIT: No, wait... They called it by BOTH names in the Anime...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:21 pm
Oh my god... tomorrow...

I'm dying. I won't make it...

Tell the rest of my Bulbasaur herd that I went down fighting crying  

Bulbasauur

Dragon Queen Tiamat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:31 pm
Bulbasauur
Oh my god... tomorrow...

Americans, pity these poor guys:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
They have to wait nearly two weeks before they can be caught and trained. THAT'S RIGHT, I'VE ALREADY PICKED OUT MY ENTIRE SOUL SILVER TEAM! YES, I'M GOING CRAZY! *cries in the corner*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:41 am
Fiery Tiamat
Bulbasauur
Oh my god... tomorrow...

Americans, pity these poor guys:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
They have to wait nearly two weeks before they can be caught and trained. THAT'S RIGHT, I'VE ALREADY PICKED OUT MY ENTIRE SOUL SILVER TEAM! YES, I'M GOING CRAZY! *cries in the corner*

Lololol.

I have to wait too crying

That's it. I'm preordering. I don't care anymore. However it's going to cost me, SOULSILVER, I'LL HAVE YOU!

Btw, Philosophy in a Teacup( bleah, long name. Can I call you something shorter?) would it be too much of a bother to you if I were to ask you to clone me one of those event Jirachi, if you have any?  

darkgloomie

10,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:29 pm
darkgloomie
I have to wait too crying

That's it. I'm preordering. I don't care anymore. However it's going to cost me, SOULSILVER, I'LL HAVE YOU!

Btw, Philosophy in a Teacup( bleah, long name. Can I call you something shorter?) would it be too much of a bother to you if I were to ask you to clone me one of those event Jirachi, if you have any?

Ha, just call me Tippy.

And holy hell, I'm pretty sure my NZ Jirachi is on my Ranch, and I haaaaaaaate dealing with my Wii for tooooons of reasons. So if you need one as soon as possible, you'll probably be better off checking a place like poke_wifi@LJ.

I can't even remember which button on my switcher is for my Wii. xD

I also figured out the mystery behind the HG/SS promo adverts! And managed to reserve a pair of the giant game boxes for myself~. 4laugh

Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 143 144 145 146 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games