Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
Random Chatter III: VENGANCE OF THE RANDOMS Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 143 144 145 146 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:42 pm
@Tia: Fufufufu. We all live in a Pokémon world? No, we all live in a Bidoof world.

@Bulba: There's also Pikachu and Farfetch'd versions.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:33 pm
I would die if we had to put up with starter Bidoofs....

Ah, well. It shouldn't be long before CoroCoro is leaked so we should know what they really look like soon enough.

Dragon Queen Tiamat

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:34 am
speaking of which...

User Image

those starters... User Image

new region is named "Isshu" and is "far away". and interestingly, the protagonists are not children this time and are "older than before", so i'm guessing teenagers? and the chance of this page being a fake is slim, because who the ******** has that kind of time?

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:18 am
gonk What the HELL ARE THOSE THINGS?! They better have awesome final evolutions!

...Raging aside, playing as older characters is a good thing.

Dragon Queen Tiamat

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:20 am
Fiery Tiamat
gonk What the HELL ARE THOSE THINGS?! They better have awesome final evolutions!

...Raging aside, playing as older characters is a good thing.

Another grass reptile, a weird fire pig, and a balding otter thing that will probably ask for my ASL and pixx if i choose it.

Yeah, no. I'm hoping they have badass final evos, too, because right now they're ugly as ******** and I will totally dump them in the PC first chance I get, which is something I never do because I love starters.

But I'm definitely glad that the protagonists aren't ten year old children anymore. One of the things I enjoyed immensely about Colosseum was that Wes was seventeen (and Rui, like, sixteen or something). Glad to see the main games going this route!

Also, it seems that page is 100% real, because the "THIS MIGHT BE FAKE" warnings have disappeared and everyone's regarding it as completely true now. So uh, sorry to everyone who hates the starters (which is everyone ever).

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:57 pm
User Image

no new info here, but here's the full artwork of the protagonists. not sure how i feel about the girl's shorts, but other than that she's really cute. the guy is still eh to me, though. not my type, i guess

oh, and the city they showed in the demos (and in the first screenshot i posted) is supposedly named "Hiun City", while the starters' names are (supposedly) "Tsutaaja" (the lizard), "Pokabu" (the pig), and "Mijumaru" (the otter).

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Dragon Queen Tiamat

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:08 pm
Urk... Those starters better evolve into something cool, because right now, I don't like any of them. ESPECIALLY THAT OTTER THING! The best looking one right now is probably that grass type, but that isn't saying much...

The trainers aren't too bad, but, like you said, what's up with the shorts? sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:31 pm
The female trainer reminds me of 'Arita Shion' the Earth identity that Birdy takes on in Tetsuwon Birdy Decode... heart 'De arimasu!' heart  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Silph Co

Witty Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:24 pm
The girl's shorts have Platypus tails.
She has some pretty funky hair, but it could be worse.
(Yu-gi-oh comes to mind.. >>)

I can imagine that otter at the foot of my bed watching me sleep..  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:52 am
I'M GLAD LUNAR DREAMING AND I WEREN'T THE ONLY ONES CONFUSED BY HER SHORTS.

We were discussing how easy she would be to cosplay, but couldn't figure out the construction of her shorts, because wtf.

Anyway, new scans but they don't really give up new information. They really just confirm info we already knew, like the starters' names (and classification/weight/height/ability) and that one city's name (they also revealed Zoroark's ability, two new moves, and the event involving the shiny Johto beasts when the leaks first started showing up, but I didn't report on those).

The grass starter is apparently the "Grass Snake Pokémon."

But it has limbs...

User Image

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Bulbasauurr

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:06 pm
Tippy, GF finally listened to you! We finally get to play as non-10 year olds. Thanks for posting up the information. btw: I started thumbnailing my submission for your contest. Hopefully Lugia won't turn out like Ryan Seacrest again. sweatdrop

Also, It looks like they won't be using HGSS sprites. I think? In a screenshot it looks like entei's DPPt sprite. (Or is it?)  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:01 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
The grass starter is apparently the "Grass Snake Pokémon."

But it has limbs...

User Image
I was thinking exactly the same thing when I read that. ...It doesn't LOOK like a snake, it looks like a lizard. Maybe it loses its arms and feet when it evolves or something...

zombie extract
The girl's shorts have Platypus tails.
That's not what a platypus' tail looks like.  

Dragon Queen Tiamat

Silph Co

Witty Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:35 pm
Fiery Tiamat
That's not what a platypus' tail looks like.

I noticed that not long after I posted it.
I knew there was some animal/Pokemon that has a tail like that,
Just couldn't quit name it.
D:  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:24 pm
Bulbasauurr
Tippy, GF finally listened to you! We finally get to play as non-10 year olds. Thanks for posting up the information. btw: I started thumbnailing my submission for your contest. Hopefully Lugia won't turn out like Ryan Seacrest again. sweatdrop

Also, It looks like they won't be using HGSS sprites. I think? In a screenshot it looks like entei's DPPt sprite. (Or is it?)

lol i want to see Ryan Seacrest Kyte, regardless. they're both douches, afterall; it fits!

And no no no. they would never reuse any 4th gen sprites. the only time sprites get reused is between the games of the same generation (like how HG/SS reused Plat's sprites for everything past 2nd gen pokes).

i didn't pay much attention to entei, though, because i am 0% interested in the event. however, it's very possible that they're using 4th gen sprites as stand-ins because the 5th gen ones aren't ready yet. GF is known for giving the public screens from the alpha version.

@Tia: A friend of mine and I want the thing to be Grass/Flying with no wings when all is said and done, just to increase the wtf factor.

Also, our esteemed Champion, Nethilia, had this to say about the new heroine:

"b***h I LIKE SHORTS THEY ARE COMFY AND EASY TO WEAR"

no one had made that connection before her, from what i've seen. i about died when i read that

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Dragon Queen Tiamat

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:56 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
@Tia: A friend of mine and I want the thing to be Grass/Flying with no wings when all is said and done, just to increase the wtf factor.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that. I'm just hoping that they don't turn it into a part poison type somewhere down the evolution chain. We have enough of those already...

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Also, our esteemed Champion, Nethilia, had this to say about the new heroine:

"b***h I LIKE SHORTS THEY ARE COMFY AND EASY TO WEAR"

no one had made that connection before her, from what i've seen. i about died when i read that
xd  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 143 144 145 146 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games