Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
Random Chatter III: VENGANCE OF THE RANDOMS Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 143 144 145 146 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bulbasauurr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:05 am
@Tippy - Ohhh. That would very well explain why Zoroark and Zorua look like s**t in the screen shots. Same with the back sprites. Okay, my confidence in this game is replenished. xD Sprites are a big deal to me, being a wanna-be artist. I also plan on drawing his Ho-Oh counterpart. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:39 pm
Bulbasauurr
@Tippy - Ohhh. That would very well explain why Zoroark and Zorua look like s**t in the screen shots. Same with the back sprites. Okay, my confidence in this game is replenished. xD Sprites are a big deal to me, being a wanna-be artist. I also plan on drawing his Ho-Oh counterpart. 3nodding

Yeah, when the main games start being advertised, they're always still in development. I have no idea where along the product schedule they start, but I'd estimate that by the time they start showing off, the game's only about 3/4ths complete, or thereabouts.

Major systems are either fully complete or almost complete (except in GS, when they truly were showing the alpha, as they had nothing complete except for the overworld, lol gj guys), but small systems might not be close and the sprites are in no way final. Remember how during DP lead-up, we were promised the ability to input our own height/weight into the Pokédex to get more personal comparisons, but instead we ended up with a fixed height/weight we couldn't change? That was a small system that, as the deadline drew near, GF had to cut.

Or how when the first screens of Plat began to surface, we were shown a different name/gender/level/HP/EXP bar than the one we ended up with? Or in HG/SS when Silver got a full-blown sprite redesign? The older pokes probably haven't gotten their sprites made yet.

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:09 pm
Whoa guys! Check this out:

Sneak peak of B/W's battle system.

B/W promises a MUCH more dynamic battle system; The Pokémon have idle animations, and the camera changes and will focus on certain things (for example: fire pig flamethrowers grass snake and the camera zooms in on grass snake being burned). quite very interesting. though what i don't get is, they animated entei's sprite. it's one of his 4th gen ones, i'm pretty sure, so why go through the trouble of animating it and not just make his 5th gen one while they were at it? it doesn't mean that that's his final sprite, it just seems like more trouble. maybe i'm just missing something.

i still don't like the people overworlds, or really the overworld at all. the 3D seems too extreme, so the graphics are hardly ever smooth-looking :C

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:49 pm
I'm speechless.

The battles look amazing.

I have to admit, a few weeks ago I was kind of iffy but this is just awesome.

You saved my night Tippy. Thanks. xD  

Bulbasauurr

Mr Popo in your mouth

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:00 pm
was gonna pass up 5th gen... until I saw how awesome the main guy looked. we haven't had a main guy character look good since XD and the girl hasn't looked good since 2nd gen so that was the saving grace for me.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:01 am
heart Game Freak are my heroes again! heart  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:00 am
also guys, popular speculation argues that Isshu is not based off of anything in japan, but instead America, and that Hiun City is based off of New York City.

something to think about 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:40 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
also guys, popular speculation argues that Isshu is not based off of anything in japan, but instead America, and that Hiun City is based off of New York City.

something to think about 3nodding

Do you think that maybe a San Francisco based city will be in... if that's the case? xD

I can take the subway there easily. That'd be trippy.

Did GF confirm that it will be based in an area more "foreign" to KJHS?  

Bulbasauurr

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:45 pm
Anyone going to fanime? I am! xd

Also, I just got a legit mew traded for my legit Jiraichi via wi-fi club using serebii.net chat! I heart mew! It's a japanese one too! So cute! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:46 pm
eek I just thought of something. It would be so cool if fanime had event Pokémon... although I doubt they will... crying  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:40 pm
Bulbasauurr
Do you think that maybe a San Francisco based city will be in... if that's the case? xD

CoroCoro states that Isshu is a "foreign land", so yeah, I think so. Which is why the "Isshu is America" theory is popular (and apparently, the other half of the fandom hates it and swears to ragequit if Isshu isn't in Japan lol).

No word yet on any SanFran-like cities, assuming Isshu is America. If it is, I'm not quite sure what they'd do; Would the cities come from the same region of America? Or would they just take the well-known cities nation-wide? I would hope the latter, because New England's kinda boring. And I want to see a Poké-Orlando

@Toko: Oh no, only official Nintendo-sponsored/-ran events (such as TCG/VGC Worlds, or major launch parties) would have event Pokémon. Any other event will never have one (excluding fan-distributed ones, of course).

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:32 pm
The battle animations don't look too bad, thankfully. Still, those three starters... I can't bring myself to like any of them yet. I hope the other 5th gen Pokemon are better looking.  

Dragon Queen Tiamat

Vickicat

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:15 am
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Bulbasauurr

CoroCoro states that Isshu is a "foreign land", so yeah, I think so. Which is why the "Isshu is America" theory is popular (and apparently, the other half of the fandom hates it and swears to ragequit if Isshu isn't in Japan lol).

No word yet on any SanFran-like cities, assuming Isshu is America. If it is, I'm not quite sure what they'd do; Would the cities come from the same region of America? Or would they just take the well-known cities nation-wide? I would hope the latter, because New England's kinda boring. And I want to see a Poké-Orlando

@Toko: Oh no, only official Nintendo-sponsored/-ran events (such as TCG/VGC Worlds, or major launch parties) would have event Pokémon. Any other event will never have one (excluding fan-distributed ones, of course).

I'd love to see something based off of Orlando. rofl Though I doubt it would happen, I don't think we're big enough to get noticed among the really big places like New York. Unless they decided to make some kind of touristy city or something.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:54 am
Vickicat
I'd love to see something based off of Orlando. rofl Though I doubt it would happen, I don't think we're big enough to get noticed among the really big places like New York. Unless they decided to make some kind of touristy city or something.

Haha ironically, on the way home from work today, my mom mentioned how if it wasn't for Disney, Orlando would just be a hick town in the middle of backasswards no where. So as much as I'd love for there to be an Orlando in Isshu, you're probably right. xd  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Bulbasauurr

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:14 pm
@Tippy - Apparently people are actually really liking the new .hack// (despite the character looking like a digimon character). I'm not to thrilled with what I have seen, but out of respect for IMOQ & G.U. I'm probably going to go for this one. I figured I'd share since I remember you telling me you liked G.U.  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 143 144 145 146 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games