Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
Random Chatter III: VENGANCE OF THE RANDOMS Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 143 144 145 146 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gym leader luna

Lonely Star

14,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:27 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Except, it'd probably be really boring. It's not like they get hit on. And Darky would be boring to watch, and excessive Pony watching might lower Paru's IQ. User Image

Except he's the only one interested in that to begin with. User Image

lmao yes. The ladies are much more interesting, sry2say. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Tho you know Pony would try and make it interesting. I'm betting it would involve excessive pelvic thrusting.

EXACTLY! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:29 pm
Anyone a fan of Baccano! ?  

Bulbasaurr

Melody Hikari-Shinu Anson

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:37 pm
No idea what that is.

Anyone interested in a non-competitive style tournament, or at least, how to make a system to decide thebest out of three trainers would work?
Because you can't really figure out second place unless you hold multiple rounds.

sweatdrop I can't find anyone who can train for three weeks to make a team for this tourney, or didn't get their data lost because of idiot siblings that steal their games.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:42 pm
isn't there a pokethread in the games forum? i think that's where a friend of mine goes to find random battles . . . you could probably find someone there  

DJ Trouble

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:52 pm
No idea what that is.

Anyone interested in a non-competitive style tournament, or at least, how to make a system to decide thebest out of three trainers would work?
Because you can't really figure out second place unless you hold multiple rounds.

sweatdrop I can't find anyone who can train for three weeks to make a team for this tourney, or didn't get their data lost because of idiot siblings that steal their games.

When tournaments have an odd number of participants, someone gets a "bye", or a free pass to the next round) until there's an even number of participants. 3nodding

So if there were only peoples A, B, and C, A and B would battle, and then the winner of that fight and C could go a round, and the winner of that would be the overall winner.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:43 pm
But that just doesn't seem fair to me. DX Though I think that's what happened at GameStop back when PBR came out. xD And then there was a wildcard match for the next round or something.

Plus, normally, out of the three of us,
C>B and A.
B> A.
A- low tier. But I'll keep that in mind. I also made forms with the competitor's expected team listed, so if worst comes to worst, I print that out and shuffle. xD And if someone gets themselves, they get a free pass.  

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:02 pm
But that just doesn't seem fair to me. DX Though I think that's what happened at GameStop back when PBR came out. xD And then there was a wildcard match for the next round or something.

Plus, normally, out of the three of us,
C>B and A.
B> A.
A- low tier. But I'll keep that in mind. I also made forms with the competitor's expected team listed, so if worst comes to worst, I print that out and shuffle. xD And if someone gets themselves, they get a free pass.

No, it's not very fair, but that's what's officially used in most tournaments, from Pokémon to football. neutral It's the simplest solution, whereas round robins and "losers compete for a second chance"-types are way more complex and difficult to keep track of. But it's rare for a person to get two or more byes, so if there's a large occurrence of odd numbers, then it tends to balance out.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:54 pm
I was at my first con (NMA con in Traverse City) recently, and liked it. x3

And saw Vic Mignona(sp?), buuuut.

The dealer's room had these cracked out Pokémon lego sculptures. It was so weird. xD
Charizard and Blastoise. I also saw some Pokémon key-chain LED lights. Things like Pikachu on a Pokéball and such.

There was also some Chimchar toy that looked like it came from McDonalds or something; the package showed others in the same set (Things like Giratina too). Yeah. <.<

Also, I sang. In front of an audience.
redface  

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

DJ Trouble

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:56 pm
stage fright o.o  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:34 pm
I think I did good, and got hella applause, but my legs were shaking the whole time.

And the recorded version sounds like crap compared to what it sounded like there.

I sang the DNAngel beginning theme (True Light) in Japanese.

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:19 pm
Oh stars, the camp event has the worst RPing ever. Everything sucks so much, I don't even want to bother killing threads with my leet RPing skills. User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:10 pm
*offers Lexy hugs?* (And randomly changes the nickname he uses a lot. xD )  

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:35 pm
Fox Demon Shippo
*offers Lexy hugs?* (And randomly changes the nickname he uses a lot. xD )

:C <3

I am a woman of many nicknames!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:45 pm
I like singing! 8D Even if I suck. But I got applauded too, at AX, so I guess I don't suck so bad.

Can I hear the recording? =DDDD

@Tippy: I bet that even if you did use leet rp skills, they'd still RP. The truly bored ones, at least.

I should join one....  

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:50 pm
My girlfriend was trying to record me but my memory got full about halfway through; when I get the full vid (a friend was taping too), I'll prolly put it on YouTube? ^^  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 143 144 145 146 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games