Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wolverine5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:13 pm
ShadowXSnake
Wolverine5
ShadowXSnake
PresidentShinra
They did say.....on the episode where he takes them off to fight Gaara. Kakashi asks Gai how much they weigh. 3nodding

actually, i'm pretty sure that kakashi simply remarks that the weights are crude and a bit excessive. the matter of the weights is something else entirely. they bury themselves several feet underground when dropped (wikipedia says several meters) so they probably weigh considerably more than a ton together.

the real question is, how do they retrieve the weights once they're in the ground?

Height, not wieght makes a big diffence in the drop. If you drop a penny off the empire state building, you could kill a man, or bury it several feet into concrete. Lee was high up, and if you drop 1 ton off a three story building it will cause that much damage. xd

in other fights, lee drops the weights from standing height and they still make very small impact holes where the weights bury themselves. all things fall at terminal velocity so the weight would have to be immensely more than a ton to overcome their air resistance AND gain enough velocity to do such damage in the few feet that they are dropped from.

height does make more difference, but the way that Lee's weights behave suggests that they're really, REALLY freekin heavy.

He's dropped his weights from standing height? News to me! lol, Jeeze he must rock at biking! eek  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:03 pm
Wolverine5
ShadowXSnake
Wolverine5
ShadowXSnake
PresidentShinra
They did say.....on the episode where he takes them off to fight Gaara. Kakashi asks Gai how much they weigh. 3nodding

actually, i'm pretty sure that kakashi simply remarks that the weights are crude and a bit excessive. the matter of the weights is something else entirely. they bury themselves several feet underground when dropped (wikipedia says several meters) so they probably weigh considerably more than a ton together.

the real question is, how do they retrieve the weights once they're in the ground?

Height, not wieght makes a big diffence in the drop. If you drop a penny off the empire state building, you could kill a man, or bury it several feet into concrete. Lee was high up, and if you drop 1 ton off a three story building it will cause that much damage. xd

in other fights, lee drops the weights from standing height and they still make very small impact holes where the weights bury themselves. all things fall at terminal velocity so the weight would have to be immensely more than a ton to overcome their air resistance AND gain enough velocity to do such damage in the few feet that they are dropped from.

height does make more difference, but the way that Lee's weights behave suggests that they're really, REALLY freekin heavy.

He's dropped his weights from standing height? News to me! lol, Jeeze he must rock at biking! eek

didn't you watch the raiga arc? that was an awesome fight!

and biking yeah, he'd be pulled over for speeding if the police could catch up to him.  

ShadowXSnake

Wolverine5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:12 pm
ShadowXSnake
Wolverine5
ShadowXSnake
Wolverine5
ShadowXSnake
PresidentShinra

and biking yeah, he'd be pulled over for speeding if the police could catch up to him.

Up to Chapter 106 in the manga, the anime here in Canada is still on the second part of the Chunin Exam, and my computer sucks too much to get either online... sweatdrop

The time delay for Manga and Anime over here REALLY blows! xp

(P.S. anyone know a site that has the Manga in English uploaded and readable?)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:50 pm
ThE ThE
How much do you think they weigh? Have they ever even said?

I'd say like a ton each if it allows him to move with such speed.
yeah 1 ton is about i wold say i cant buy lees orange womers cry WHIT LEE DONT CRY THAT MOUCH HES A NINJA ninja ninja ninja so fast cant see me ha ha ha * over here

no over here over here

cant keep up ah ha  

Sawao Yamanaka

Sawao Yamanaka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:57 pm
[.Drunkin_Rock_Lee.]
ThE ThE

yeah 1 ton is about i wold say i cant buy lees orange womers cry WHIT LEE DONT CRY THAT MOUCH HES A NINJA ninja ninja ninja so fast cant see me ha ha ha * over here

no over here over here

cant keep up ah ha
User Image told you cant keep up  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:17 pm
with my computer's lag, I CAN keep up!! blaugh eek redface crying gonk  

Wolverine5

Sawao Yamanaka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:42 pm
[.Drunkin_Rock_Lee.]
[.Drunkin_Rock_Lee.]
ThE ThE

no over here over here

cant keep up ah ha
User Image told you cant keep up
i know i suck at drowling sorry i tryed User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:02 pm
Well, Southpark did good offa drawings like that, so it doesn't suck! mrgreen  

Wolverine5

TashigiRoronoa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:44 pm
Wolverine5
ShadowXSnake
Wolverine5
ShadowXSnake
Wolverine5

Up to Chapter 106 in the manga, the anime here in Canada is still on the second part of the Chunin Exam, and my computer sucks too much to get either online... sweatdrop

I CAN HELP U! Go to MSN.com and type in Naruto the manga returns...theyve got chap. 322 comming out sometime this week!

The time delay for Manga and Anime over here REALLY blows! xp

(P.S. anyone know a site that has the Manga in English uploaded and readable?)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:16 pm
bump up, you long dead thread!  

SuperDuperRockLee
Crew

pneoqueen

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:24 am
ThE ThE

yeah i think you are right.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:55 am
Yeah, I think if he just ran alongside the German superhighway, he would get a ticket for speeding.XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD  

SuperDuperRockLee
Crew

nuavox

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:48 pm
i think they about 500 ponds the kid is very strong ya know  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:02 pm
nuavox
i think they about 500 ponds the kid is very strong ya know
No, they are way more than 500 pounds.  

SuperDuperRockLee
Crew

Kurokane Uchiha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:41 pm
Okay, now here's an interesting thought...

In the fight with him and Gaara and even in the Raiga arc fight, Lee is seen taking off his(inexplicably)heavy weights.

Now, hang on a second: watch as he does this. He's holding them at arm's length for a few seconds. Holding at LEAST 1,000 pounds for each arm at one of the hardest poses.

Therefore, he must be extremely strong in his arms, too...  
Rock Lee Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff