Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
If Wesker died properly.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oooh gold fillings!
  Long Live Wesker!
  I'm a greedy b*****d.
View Results

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:14 am
Well, we can all officially say Wesker died when Capcom's new bold move on making him an unbelievable powerhouse weapon in the later series. It was so much fantasy than anything else before.
I remember back in the day when getting into the original series thinking there maybe someday, someplace, in a city (like Raccoon City) where a secret company created evil experimentations and somehow got spread throughout the city, and zombies took over. Thats how real [Old] Capcom made out the whole experience of the series. It was really quite believable. The survival part really took it's toll when trying to move throughout this dead city to stay alive. Now we find out the city's dead, zombies gone, and Umbrella (which is also dead) is now part of a bigger company who we can give a rats-a** about.

But I'm getting off topic, Wesker should of died in Code Veronica where the rest of the series died.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:27 am
But suppose the scenario of RE1 happens, where Barry clocks him on the head, then they go see the Tyrant, and meanwhile, Wesker escapes and fires the self destruct system. It still would've been possible for him to escape (assuming you don't go to the self destruct room and find his corpse), so he could've survived without any kind of super revival virus that gave him superpowers and an accent.
If Mikami wanted so badly to bring him back into the series, there was absolutely no need for a "super human virus" angle.
And then people get pissed off at Anderson for making Alice super strong. Where do you think he got the idea from?  

Biohazard EXTREME

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:42 am
I never cared for Anderson's portrayal on the Resident Evil movies. Plus, I don't care seeing a female with superhuman powers who can fight off hordes of zombies and take down tyrants by-herself ( but I must say, she's very sexy when she does). Plus, Wesker had an uncanny personality that came with his powers.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:53 am
as much as I want Wesker back, Capcom said in more than one interview that he is officially dead. Unless they're purposely lieing to surprise us later?

But I don't want him back if he's going to do that whole "I'm going to be a gaaaaaawwwwwwwwd" crap.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
He was still at his best during RE1 times, when he was cool, calculating and sneaky.
After that, he became the big larger than life villain who plans to make Chris suffer with his revenge. Because all cool and calculating villains ever think about is revenge. It wasn't so much his personality that saved him as it was his voice actor. Richard Waugh kept Wesker seemingly cool for one game too many than he deserved to be. And once they switched the actor to DC douglas, it was like a shattering realization that blonde hair and sunglasses weren't what made Wesker cool in RE1. And what did had been long gone.

So in a way... The real Wesker DID die in RE1...

Frankly though, I'd rather see a female with superhuman powers (like Alice) fighting off zomvies and taking down tyrants than Wesker (as seen in Umbrella Chronicles). But I'm assuming that 'personality' you speak of doesn't include UC. With its snide one liners spoken to oneself.
Either way, superhuman powers never should've entered into the Resident Evil universe. The only powerful beings in RE should be chaotic death monsters who lost their intelligence beyond sentience.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:12 am
Richard Waugh was also my favorite voice actor for Wesker. I can't remember who did his in the remake. Was it Peter Jessop or Waugh?  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:34 am
It was Jessop. The biggest downside of Remake. He did decent enough, but if it was Waugh, the game would've been perfection.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:52 am
Wesker died in Resident Evil 1 and was reborn as a new, stronger, smarter being. Resident Evil 4 and 5 don't come to me as a continuation in the story line, (so technically I don't consider Albert as dead) but more along the lines of a side story, something that could have happened. I like the end of UC, where you fight side by side with Chris and Jill again, it made me have hope in Capcom again with this series. Resident Evil 4 should have ended in both Ada and Leon dying in the self destruct system and the Plagues was never seen or heard of again, then leaving capcom to another story when they are out of ideas when they are making resident evil 8. haha. Five should have been zombies again, and Wesker shouldn't have died. It's sad how the story line turned out to be, because I worry about that more than gameplay, and thats what 4 and 5 were about, gameplay, not story. crying  

taylortenacity

taylortenacity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:54 am
Biohazard EXTREME
It was Jessop. The biggest downside of Remake. He did decent enough, but if it was Waugh, the game would've been perfection.
yes, i agree, in re5 i almost had to turn the volume down when fighting wesker. I couldn't stand his voice.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:04 pm
KonPhusionStar
Wesker died in Resident Evil 1 and was reborn as a new, stronger, smarter being. Resident Evil 4 and 5 don't come to me as a continuation in the story line, (so technically I don't consider Albert as dead) but more along the lines of a side story, something that could have happened. I like the end of UC, where you fight side by side with Chris and Jill again, it made me have hope in Capcom again with this series. Resident Evil 4 should have ended in both Ada and Leon dying in the self destruct system and the Plagues was never seen or heard of again, then leaving capcom to another story when they are out of ideas when they are making resident evil 8. haha. Five should have been zombies again, and Wesker shouldn't have died. It's sad how the story line turned out to be, because I worry about that more than gameplay, and thats what 4 and 5 were about, gameplay, not story. crying
Except even the gameplay wasn't survival horror. It was action shooter. And that's not what Resident Evil is about either.

But as far as Capcom is concerned, UC, RE4 and RE5 are all a part of the main storyline. So, even if you consider them a "what if" scenario. Capcom won't give you another one. Other than maybe rebooting the series, and even then it'll probably suck.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Confectionery Pastry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 pm
I refuse to believe he's dead. It was a shitty clone that died, the real Albert Wesker is still a cold, calculating and supremely smart son of a b***h hiding somewhere in the Alps with Sherry Birkin or ******** whatever Capcom says, he's alive. I won't believe anything else.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:31 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
KonPhusionStar
Except even the gameplay wasn't survival horror. It was action shooter. And that's not what Resident Evil is about either.

But as far as Capcom is concerned, UC, RE4 and RE5 are all a part of the main storyline. So, even if you consider them a "what if" scenario. Capcom won't give you another one. Other than maybe rebooting the series, and even then it'll probably suck.
except RE stops at CV. I see 4 and 5 to be two new games created by capcom that got lucky enough to have Resident Evil slapped on the title screen.  

taylortenacity

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:10 am
If Wesker has to die, then let him die. I can't stand Capcom killing off each original character of the series. First it was the lovely Jill by changing her voice actor dramatically along with her appearance to make her look like one of the Olson sisters. I actually felt my gut drop to the floor when I saw her in RE5. Such a major disappointment. I hated how Capcom brought up Leon as the dreamy main character of the series. Chris as this muscle bound, steroid soldier hero who was never looked upon to push 3,000lb rock boulders. Well, we all know how Capcom ruined Wesker, so we won't push the envelope.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:22 am
Aww come on. Jill's not that bad. Look at her, she's pretty hot.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What's that?

That's not Jill?

Sorry, I couldn't tell the difference.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:27 am
Sorry BIO, brunettes have a bit more mojo.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff