Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply General Chatter (spam)
Tell us about your day. -cuz we love to listen- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 350 351 352 353 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love getting 10g for these poll questions? -even though its not alot-
  <333333
  gold sucks.
View Results

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Can I has the little Asian in the back?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:58 pm
Tak, rape is bad, mkay?

Also, the company that makes the medicine that keeps a friend of mine alive has decided to stop making said medicine. neutral  

Serenity Reed
Crew

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:08 am
eek No rape. Check. Wait. When did I become a rapist?

If they stop making the medicine though, her/his doctors should have some thing in mind... And usually they build up a stock of the medicine until they can find a proper alternative. Hopefully it will work out.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:18 am
Soo...I've decided to randomly post here and meet some new people...seeing as I know absolutely no one here and I've been a member for the last month or so.

Alrighty. Serenity Reed, my sympathies go out to you and your friend/their family. I know your friend is still alive (as far as I know anyway), but I'm sorry the doctors stopped making the medicine =(. Although I have no clue what you're talking about because it's too early and I'm sick and I really don't wanna go back and read all the posts in this thread so I can catch myself up...but either way, I hope everything turns out alright.

Rapists? Okay. Whatever floats your boat, I guess. So, I have a question...can we post fanfiction here? I don't see any, unless I'm completely missing it...but I have a Sabrina, the Teenage Witch story that I posted on Fanfiction, but that section is seriously dead and I haven't gotten any reviews or favorites since I put it up about a week ago...-sadface-. And sorry if this is the wrong place to post this...I figured a place for 'general chatter' would work as well as a question thread.

Flarityxx18

Ninja Baby Blues

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:14 am
@Serenity: I hope they have a substitute :S (they probably do, but it's more expensive. It's usually the way)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:38 am
I suppose I should be happy he won't have to take that medicine anymore, since it made him deaf, but considering the doctor started crying when she told him, I'd say they have yet to find a substitute.

@Kineka - Sure, post it. =3 We're uber slow, especially since it's school time, but we'll try!

Also, http://theuglydance.com/?v=ktooykkgmi  

Serenity Reed
Crew

Flarityxx18

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:13 pm
Okay. I just wanted to make sure it's okay to post fanfiction...some of these writing guilds only let you post original fiction, so I asked just in case. But, it's okay if you're a little slow, you can't be any slower than the people on Fanfiction.

Ahhh. Chili flavored Ramen is so nice when you have a cold =).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:48 am
Serenity: I hope they find one!!!  

Ninja Baby Blues

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:55 am
As far as I know, we don't prohibit fanfiction... and I am the VC. razz Oh! And there is absolutely no need to go back and read all the posts in this thread. You will probably run into a lot of posters that no longer frequent the guild, sadly enough. This thing dates back a good four years or so... Maybe three.

It is noon here and I am still in my pajamas... I have to work at four and have a crap ton of studying I should be doing. But I don't want to. So instead, I am here. And contemplating moving to my couch to read a book that does not pretain, in the slightest, to Organic, Ecology, or Statistics. (Boo School).  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:21 am
@Tak Okay. I did post it...if you wanted to read it? Unless you've never watched Sabrina or don't remember it (even though you don't even really need to know the plot...Oh, I figured that out by just looking at the 300-some posts in here. I'm kinda randomly trying to make myself known here...and I need a place to rant =).

Okay, if I can ask, how old are you and where do you work? I've been looking for a job since I was fourteen (I'm seventeen now) and none of the places I applied to replied back. Even when they were hiring when I applied there and I met the requirements...I hate the umbrella that teenagers are put under when it comes for employment...we're not all the same, ya know...I just applied at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and the manager actually came out and talked to me when I returned the filled in app...it sounded kinda promising, but it's been a week and I haven't heard from them yet. Now I'm applying to Pick 'N Save and Walgreens...and maybe Michael's Arts and Crafts again. All their applications are online, though...I don't like that. I don't feel like they're checking everything...and I can never be sure if the application sent or not, and if they actually got it...that happened when I applied to Kmart...my session kept timing out and nothing would send. Sometimes technology is more trouble than it's worth...I'm trying to convince my mom that fast food might be the only place I could get hired, but she refuses to let me apply there because she says I'm going to hate it and come home complaining all the time and she doesn't wanna have to deal with that...

Yeah, sorry for the really long post...I told you, I rant...

Flarityxx18

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:00 am
Kineka, it's okay if you rant, but seriously, lay off on the ellipses. XD You don't need... to write... like Yuna... Seriously, it makes you sound more unsure of yourself than your rant makes you. =3
Also, you won't get a job quickly, if at all, in this economy. It's not because you fail, but because the economy is. No one is really hiring teens, if they can help it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:09 am
@Serenity Like Yuna? I don't get it...and I'll be the first to admit that I am unsure of myself.

No, you're wrong, there are plenty of students at my school that got interviews, but they're all at fast food places or grocery stores, or they're just for holiday help. That's why I'm trying to tell my mom that fast food places are basically the only places that'll hire me. And people tell me all the time that if I don't hear back within a week, that I should go tell them that I'm still interested. I did that at Kohl's, but it's been weeks since I told them. And there are plenty of places that are hiring in my area, and a lot of them hire at sixteen. If they weren't hiring teenagers, they would've raised the age to eighteen. Or told me or my mom that they're not hiring teens, since I was right there when we asked...Maybe in your area, they're not. But here, they are. I just want some more ideas for places I can apply to.

Flarityxx18

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:33 pm
My day? Pretty boring. Got stuck cleaning my room while uploading artwork and mourning over a rejection (as usual), tho I did watch a movie and stuff. Doesn't help that now I should be in bed but I'm sitting here playing with a balloon sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:24 pm
Yuna... talks.... really... slowly.
Ah, perhaps I should explain. I meant that nothing but the food service type jobs are hiring, which is exactly what you said.
It's not as complicated as you seem to make it. If you find a job, you'll find one, all right? Don't worry. =3  

Serenity Reed
Crew

Flarityxx18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:39 pm
You mean with all my "..." thingies? Sorry, it's just a habit. I wasn't meaning to talk slowly...

Well, I'd just rather get experience NOW instead of being in this same position when I'm in college and trying to save money for my classes, apartment, etc. I know it's not that hard to find a job. Get application, fill out application, return application, wait ungodly long for a reply. Simple, I know. But it's not as easy to get to that last part as people may think, especially when all seventeen year olds are under a label of being rebels and troublemakers who don't respect authority. I really wouldn't mind working in a fast food place...but I know some people who work at fast food joints in my area, and I'd rather not work with people I already know. It could be distracting, and they would start clinging to me when I really wanna work alone.

General Chatter (spam)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 350 351 352 353 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games